Created 13th December 2010 @ 23:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

tasKu

e-famous

new maps, kthxbai. specially viaduct and bazillion

Last edited by tasKu,

Wiiking

Quoted from octochris

can’t, it’s a pro feature, will upload screenshots every day or so of results.

Showing results before a survey is not done is never a good thing as it might change the minds of those who havent voted yet

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from 2nuts

[…]

No but it will show… which maps, people want to play. And that is what Chris was aiming for (correct me if I’m wrong).

Yes, but what if some map ends 6th or something. Should we play that? Just because we need X maps in the pool? Or should we not play it because people don’t really rate it. We shouldn’t play maps that are the best of the worst. We should play maps that are fun and balanced. If we got 5 maps that score 4+ out of 5 or something, and 1 map that barely scores a 3…should we have 6 maps in the pool?

Your setup is a bitch to analyze. Would be easier to just let people rate all those maps, and let them enter if they played them or not and how often. Hell, in such a setup you can even let people rate maps using a likert-scale based on statements such as “this map promotes teamplay”, “this map is fast-paced”. And some general questions about tf2, like “I prefer fast gameplay”, “I prefer tactical depth” or whatever the fuck.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Arnold

DAKKA

Should you really base a mappool on a vote where people will just vote for maps they know? I bet fastlane and well will gather a decent amount of votes too.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

10 teams per league = 18 maps played in a full season.

6 maps each played 3 times does sort of make sense…but then…oh idk…..good question.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Martn

[…]

Neusbeer, remember, if it’s from shabba, it’s a troll.

That is uncalled for. Who is the troll here, exactly?

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

Obscure difficult? Gullywash is 5x more difficult imo.

I don’t know (hence the rage). Some maps work and some maps don’t. Obscure has too many spaces where scouts show up to rape me. So it’s dependent on what you call “difficult” I guess. Obscure should be easier for scouts :)

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Yes, but what if some map ends 6th or something. Should we play that?

In the end it isn’t our decision, is it? I think there’s a discussion on this every season, and a rant when the map pool is announced… There’s always a vocal part (and a somewhat larger voting part ;) ) of the community, but there’s no proof that part is either a majority or a minority.

Besides the maps we ended up with, at least it’s possible to play different maps than bad/gran in a PCW now.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Shabbaman

[…]

In the end it isn’t our decision, is it? I think there’s a discussion on this every season, and a rant when the map pool is announced… There’s always a vocal part (and a somewhat larger voting part ;) ) of the community, but there’s no proof that part is either a majority or a minority.

Indeed its not, but if an attempt is made at charting how the community thinks about maps a decent survey should be used and not some half-baked attempt slapped together in 10 minutes.

“You can’t fix by analysis what you bungled by design.”

Last edited by Koeitje,

choiie

keso

This poll is interesting to see what current maps are most popular, not to decide on a map pool for the next season. Hopefully the admins will look in-depth at every map, even radical ones, and make decisions not from what has worked out in the past, but from what will work out right now.

Waster

When i have to play freight on a pcw i sometimes wonder why i even play tf2. Really, there are so much maps, it doesnt directly mean they are any good. I’d rather play fun maps and be totally unprepared for those crap maps in officials.

But no poll will reveal anything. Low div teams always liked maps as fastlane and well. So they will probably also like obscure and freight. They dont know how to push so they rather have a piss easy map where they can defend for 30 minutes. I dont mind if they play those kind of maps all season long. But dont force them to higher divs.

About the survey. There is so much garbage map in the list so i only want to select the best 4 but that doesnt seem to be possible.

Monkeh

If the options were ONLY Granlands for 9 matches, or 18 different maps, 2 for each match, what would be your preference? Extreme I know, but which is best for you?

randa

map pool this season is fine

Vladi

TIDS

Badlands
Granary
Gullywash
Obscure
Turbine
Gravel Pit
Collis
Follower / Yukon

This should be the map-pool for season 9 – a good mix out of old, classic and new maps.

Last edited by Vladi,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Monkeh

If the options were ONLY Granlands for 9 matches, or 18 different maps, 2 for each match, what would be your preference? Extreme I know, but which is best for you?

Only granlands.

crzfst

Quoted from Monkeh

Not extreme. Stupid.

Monkeh

Quoted from crzfst

[…]
Not extreme. Stupid.

Well thanks Mr. Obvious, hypothetical question is hypothetical.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »