Forum

LAWL NICE DIVS

Created 13th October 2010 @ 18:55

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 36 37 38 39 Next »

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Can you guys stop whining, please? I’ll give all of you an insight – nobody will care about your lineup problems, your off-classing, or any other standard excuse for not performing up to par. Since nobody will care, and you are just saying it to make yourself feel better about a loss, at least keep the justification to yourself.

If you feel you are wrongly placed in a division, you should consider it a challenge to prove your worth. If you get mad because you’re not in the division you think you are, then it should be no problem winning your division and getting there. Unless you are only planning to play one season, in which case I’m sure there are more stable teams who deserve the spot you’re aiming for more than you in the first place, it shouldn’t be a problem to play one season in a division that you consider to be lower than your skill.

tl;dr: stop excuses, let official results speak for themselves.

kuma

Quoted from Vali

[…]

There’s a new/old div3 now?

Yeah, this has been bugging me for a while now.

If we assume the old league format with the current teams, you are adding another Div 1. The top 5 teams from each new div 2 would be put there. This leaves 10 teams who are in the current div 2 who would have been in div 3 under the old system. Unless you are one of these 10 teams, nothing has changed for you.

And what Berserker said. Stop making excuses, everyone has problems but manages to deal with them.

Last edited by kuma,

Ghostface

spire

Let’s also not forget that no game is like the previous one, and just because you beat a certain team doesn’t mean you’re above the skill level. I remember Arie gave an example some time ago, that FB beat some other prem team in wireplay but lost in etf2l. Also, as a div4 team, you can beat a div3 team tomorrow, by some standards that would make you div3, but if you get beat by a div5 team, does that make you worse than div5? :)
My point is that everyone always overrated themselves. As soon as you beat someone in a division superior to yours, you consider yourself to be on their division’s skill level. But if someone from a lower division beats you, then you’re still on your skill level, nothing less.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Ghostface

Also, as a div4 team, you can beat a div3 team tomorrow, by some standards that would make you div3, but if you get beat by a div5 team, does that make you worse than div5? :)

I think it was Exfane that told me about the rule of “playing shit when playing against shit opponents”, and it rings true — opponents below your skill level will play in a way that you don’t expect.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from octochris

[…]

I think it was Exfane that told me about the rule of “playing shit when playing against shit opponents”, and it rings true — opponents below your skill level will play in a way that you don’t expect.

See also “Dear Div 4/5” by Bellsprout http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-14845/page-5/?recent=256412#post-256412

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Berserker and Ghostface are both spot on.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from kuma

[…]

If we assume the old league format with the current teams, you are adding another Div 1. The top 5 teams from each new div 2 would be put there. This leaves 10 teams who are in the current div 2 who would have been in div 3 under the old system. Unless you are one of these 10 teams, nothing has changed for you.

Ups, are you reading this? :D :D :D

ups

Quoted from skeej

[…]

Ups, are you reading this? :D :D :D

Yeah, I think kuma has some sort of a secret mumble-listening software. Since that is the exact same thing we talked about earlier…Using the same sentences as well.

Fuck this, this league is apparently full of spies…

Last edited by ups,

harbleu

Truls!
dstry

Quoted from octochris

[…]

lol i hope you’re joking, because that is one of the most retarded things I’ve ever read. just because an opponent plays in a way you don’t expect doesn’t mean you should lose to them, saying that is just using a shitty excuse for losing. if they beat you they played better than you. It doesn’t necessarily mean they are a better team than you, but saying you lost because they used different tactics/played differently is just dumb.

Last edited by harbleu,

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from kuma

And what Berserker said. Stop making excuses, everyone has problems but manages to deal with them.

No it’s a bit worse than that. Traditionally there have always been too many decent teams for div2 that a number of them got put in div3. You wouldn’t really refer to these teams as div3 anyway because it’s apparent from the start that they’re going to rape their division. I would say in reality it’s about 4-5 teams at the very most that probably would’ve been actually considered “top div3”.

I’ve also heard numerous people refer to “old div4” and that it’s somehow equivalent to div3. No.

Quoted from harbleu

lol i hope you’re joking, because that is one of the most retarded things I’ve ever read. just because an opponent plays in a way you don’t expect doesn’t mean you should lose to them, saying that is just using a shitty excuse for losing. if they beat you they played better than you. It doesn’t necessarily mean they are a better team than you, but saying you lost because they used different tactics/played differently is just dumb.

What Exfane said is true and it’s not necessarily that the tactics are massively different. If you only play against lower division teams then you get into bad habits, you’ll get used to things being done differently to how a higher division team does them (slower to push, not taking advantage of your mistakes etc.) and as such you’ll become worse at playing against higher skilled opponents.

Last edited by Vali,

kuma

sort of like in sc, you can’t tell timings vs worse players because they don’t have any

the best solution is to just go and kill them

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

this thread is now about sc

continue.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

SC is for faggots.

This thread is now about rEJ R7an folding clans.

continue.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

harbleu

Truls!
dstry

Quoted from Vali

[…]
What Exfane said is true and it’s not necessarily that the tactics are massively different. If you only play against lower division teams then you get into bad habits, you’ll get used to things being done differently to how a higher division team does them (slower to push, not taking advantage of your mistakes etc.) and as such you’ll become worse at playing against higher skilled opponents.

that’s not what the quote is saying. of course if you only scrim against lower teams you’re going to do bad against better ones. the quote is saying that if you are used to playing good teams and then play a team worse than you that you will play shitty against them, which is completely untrue.

Last edited by harbleu,

Ched

.tony

>Complain about division placement
>Complain about overambitious players
>Complain about lineup issues
>Complain about people complaining

I like the bit where they complained.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 36 37 38 39 Next »