Forum

Maps @ I40

Created 20th July 2010 @ 12:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Black_Bob

[DA]

Just looking at the map list for i40 is it safe to assume we will be playing the most upto date version of each map or are we going to be playing exactly what is says on this list? It may sound silly but some people who dont play in etf2l will be screaming unfair if they suddenly have to learn gully imp 3, and the new obscure.

Maps

The following maps will be used throughout the competition. Each map played will be selected beforehand by our Tournament System. The map list is as follows:

cp_well

cp_granary
ctf_turbine
cp_badlands

cp_gullywash
cp_freight
cp_gravelpit (stopwatch mode)

cp_obscure_rc2

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Black_Bob

Just looking at the map list for i40 is it safe to assume we will be playing the most upto date version of each map or are we going to be playing exactly what is says on this list? It may sound silly but some people who dont play in etf2l will be screaming unfair if they suddenly have to learn gully imp 3, and the new obscure.

Maps

The following maps will be used throughout the competition. Each map played will be selected beforehand by our Tournament System. The map list is as follows:

cp_well

cp_granary
ctf_turbine
cp_badlands

cp_gullywash
cp_freight
cp_gravelpit (stopwatch mode)

cp_obscure_rc2

obscure_rc2 o_O I hope not

Inuy

#sadboys

normal gully and obscure should be the last version. (well/turbine T_T)

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

YES turbine!

:)

dougiie

CotC

sounds good

byte

It hasn’t been updated, I’m pretty sure Mole or Tapley will update it accordingly.

It will be cp_obscure_final NOT cp_obscure_rc2 lol… :D

Cheers

Byte

Ghent

Team

Fuck yea turbine.

F2

Danmark

Will the new engineer unlocks be allowed?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

LOL :-D Yep rules are being updated as well as the map list as these havn’t been looked at since the last lan ended in Easter.

Please post any intelligent thaughts on engineer, but we’ll most likely allow some of the engineer updates but limit engie to 1 as to maintain the fun aspect but not making it stupid ;).

Might give some teams a chance to think up some awesome engie tactics for lan and keep the competition interesting rather than ban hammer every unlock. (Shintaz dribbles in his pants)

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

Memento Mori

limit 1 sounds good. Now to ban that awful Natascha gun.

nvc

I had to learn gullywash and obscure 5minutes before our games at i39

holness_202

Quoted from nvc

I had to learn gullywash and obscure 5minutes before our games at i39

same…

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

I guess a bit of a remedy could be only using obs/gully later on in the tournament (knockout stages) instead of groups, there will be some new teams, mix teams from other games etc. I guess then they don’t have to download and learn maps and the better teams will still be tested over a few different maps.

Whilst those more likely to get knocked out (and do) won’t get to play them in the tournament, I don’t see why people aren’t up for additional games while some of the earlier knockouts are going on. Or even before the tournament.

stko!

-9m-
-9m-

Quoted from Black_Bob

It may sound silly but some people who dont play in etf2l will be screaming unfair if they suddenly have to learn gully imp 3, and the new obscure.

Are we expecting many clans without ETF2L / prior league experience to join the tournament?

I can’t see them minding — it’s not like we’re asking them to learn an entire new map on top of the two already mentioned. There are just a few changes they need to contend with — these can all be digested in a couple of PCWs a couple of weeks before the event.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Quoted from stko!

[…]
Are we expecting many clans without ETF2L / prior league experience to join the tournament?

No joke you do get some people who form a squad just to be involved in any of the tournaments @ the lan even cantfitmyn won 3 matchs!

Add A Reply Pages: 1