Forum

Signing up

Created 23rd June 2010 @ 14:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Sup y’all.

Few questions from a novice when it comes to attending LAN’s.

None of our team have been to a LAN, we need to pay for it and book our place. Obvious question is, can we still do this?

2nd Question is, when it comes to booking do we book as a team, pay altogether or can we pay individually and say we;re part of a team. Kind of dumb question but we’ve had some disagreements best way to go about it, nobody wants to really trust their money with people online, even if we’ve played with these people for ages.

Maybe someone could give us a little run down on this stuff, checked the site out and it isn’t massively clear to my simple mind.

Thanks

Lewbio

I am assuming you are attending i40.
It’s best to ask on their forums or raise a ticket.
As far as I know, people normally pay induvidually, once they have paid they can make someone manager of their seat and that person can then place them in seats.

As for sitting together, it depends if there is enough room on the seating plan. I believe it’s first come first serve now, and you cannot reserve a seat until paying in full.

dougiie

CotC

i40 is nearly sold out, so you’d need to be quick.

Afaik, the tf2 seating area is full now, you’d have to get lucky with seats, or request the css/cod players seats.

You each buy a ticket, and tag up as LTG. You the go onto the seat picker and try get 6 seats somewhere together.

Imperium

Quoted from dougiie

Afaik, the tf2 seating area is full now, you’d have to get lucky with seats, or request the css/cod players seats.

There are some reserved seats which aren’t going to be used (eg: idk?p), so if you get in quickly and ask you could probably get 6 seats that way.

And yes as said, you can pay individually and tag up

Skyride

DUCS

To be honest, Its complete fucking rubbish that TF2 is going to be in a tent, let alone not even all together in a tent.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Hildreth

Sup y’all.

Few questions from a novice when it comes to attending LAN’s.

None of our team have been to a LAN, we need to pay for it and book our place. Obvious question is, can we still do this?

2nd Question is, when it comes to booking do we book as a team, pay altogether or can we pay individually and say we;re part of a team. Kind of dumb question but we’ve had some disagreements best way to go about it, nobody wants to really trust their money with people online, even if we’ve played with these people for ages.

Maybe someone could give us a little run down on this stuff, checked the site out and it isn’t massively clear to my simple mind.

Thanks

Theres 120 or so seats out of 2006 still left so yep theres spaces. You can pay individually or one of you can pay for all. The Tf2 area is full, but due to drops from idk?p and possibly =idk= there may be more room.

And Skyride i think i speak for everyone when i say, please be my guest in fucking off out of the TF2 area if you dont wish to be there. The only teams who arnt in the TF2 area are ones who took too long signing up so its their own fault, you should be gratefull we were even given the opportunity to be seated together as best as possible.

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Skyride

To be honest, Its complete fucking rubbish that TF2 is going to be in a tent, let alone not even all together in a tent.

I guess you havent been to a multiplay event before, I’d rather sit in a tent than inbetween css players.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Tapley ❤

And Skyride i think i speak for everyone when i say, please be my guest in fucking off out of the TF2 area if you dont wish to be there. The only teams who arnt in the TF2 area are ones who took too long signing up so its their own fault, you should be gratefull we were even given the opportunity to be seated together as best as possible.

My point was more that its a tent, not the teams not sat together bit. I’m not even going anyway (for other reasons mind you). I just think its a bit shit they stuck everyone in marquee instead of renting out the third stand.

On another note – and this isn’t in any way a dig at anyone – Being grateful for what we have is not going to make this game grow, league/LAN support and prize pots won’t grow without pressure.

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from rtan

[…]

I guess you havent been to a multiplay event before, I’d rather sit in a tent than inbetween css players.

theres still quite a good few css/other games sitting beside us :((((((((((((((((((((((((

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

:) Did you know that the biggest Dutch LAN by far, is held completely in tents.
http://veldc.nl/IMG_0618.jpg
Tents/camping in general are awesome. And this thing we’re putting our PC’s in, i wouldn’t call that a tent. It’s just a simple building, that’s all. I will like this better than where we were last time I think, much easier to step outside, considering the temperatures. If you were put in some tent-like tent, it would be an issue. But we’re being put in a solid building, not a tent at all. Looking forward to it :)

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

My point was more that its a tent, not the teams not sat together bit. I’m not even going anyway (for other reasons mind you). I just think its a bit shit they stuck everyone in marquee instead of renting out the third stand.

On another note – and this isn’t in any way a dig at anyone – Being grateful for what we have is not going to make this game grow, league/LAN support and prize pots won’t grow without pressure.

So we shouldnt be grateful to Multiplay for us being the only game to arrange our own seating pretty much exatally how we want it, and also we do have an increased prize pot this lan without any “pressure”. Its the fact we’re (mostly) a great community and dont apply loads of “Pressure”/whine is the reason we’ve gotten such good help from multiplay.

And its not a marquee or a tent its essentially a proper building that can be moved around on site, you wont notice any difference to gsf1 etc i assure you ive seen it myself.

I shall waste no more time on you now /rant.

Hildreth just give us a shout on irc/steam if you need any help getting sorted. I’d advise to do it sooner rather than later :)

Edd

T2P

next thing to arrange is a private tf2 hotel! :D

Lewbio

Get a big Tent and invite your tf2 friends? >_>

pukz

Quoted from Lewbio

Get a big Tent and invite your tf2 friends? >_>

gaybo

Black_Bob

[DA]

This is my 4th ievent now and this looks by far the best turnout and population of one area by tf2 yet, the big row of “other” gamers in the middle are cantfitmyn who also play tf2 but they also play alot of other games.

We may have some other games next to us but im sure they are going to be moaning more about being sat next to a hoard of drunken tf2 people cheering/ranting/raving and chundering :P

Its the summer and if its as hot as it is now we will be glad to be so close to fresh air!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »