Forum

NA and European TF2... Let's experiment!

Created 21st March 2010 @ 07:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 12 Next »

vhalin

dstry

It would be fantastic if there was a minicup of some type but let’s start out small first, if this becomes a success there’s a lot potential in the future.

http://i39.tinypic.com/scsvb8.jpg

spendy

Quoted from vhalin

It would be fantastic if there was a minicup of some type but let’s start out small first, if this becomes a success there’s a lot potential in the future.

http://i39.tinypic.com/scsvb8.jpg

net graph says 118

Extremer

Quoted from Malibu Stacey™

Also 90-100ms is more than playable since VALVe introduced client-side prediction so many years ago in HL1. Anyone who thinks otherwise listens to CS players too much.

Or has actually played TF2 with those pings. You have to be blind to not notice how delayed the projectiles are.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I think most people would like to see NA vs EU, but untill there’s a way for both teams to have a fair ping and playing comfortably or an appealing LAN for teams to fly other to either places it just aint gonna happen yet.

Albeit I guess you could just try it out, it would get quite abit of attention.

Quoted from Extremer

[…]

Or has actually played TF2 with those pings. You have to be blind to not notice how delayed the projectiles are.

100 is manageable. It’s far from perfect, but it’s manageable.

Mitt Romney

Six

I’d love to be in on this although I’m not sure I’d be chosen over a bybben or a Rebeli…
But since some top-tier players don’t seem too keen on the project perhaps I may have a chance at this! :3
Anyway wish you luck with organizing such an event, I’ll be following your progress.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from hänsen

arent there some islands in the atlantic ocean?

where do the internetcables run?

place a serverisland in the middle of the atlantic or ffs go to world lan and compare your penises there

Yes, I doubt any of them hold any TF2 servers…canary Islands for instance.

I’d love to watch this NA vs EU scenerio, but it is very difficult for it to be setup in a situation which could be called ‘fair’ for both teams. Unless someone from the TF2 community wins the lottery and is enthuastic enough to sponsor a LAN for such an event, this is the best option. Worth a try I guess…maybe it will have a great cast.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

You guys are totally missing the point or havent read, there is no issue with pings, both sides will have the same ping. Both sides will ping around 100/110.

DL

but with that command i showed you fragga, we could all ping 5!

alfa

Quoted from shank

Hey why not make a server on Madagascar? Everyone would have 7k ping so it would be fair =O.

No one wants to play on 120 ping :/

I do.I play in Europe all the time with 150 ping and it works really good :)

Kermit

EUROSLAYER

Getting Mid/High players from NA to play Div 2 players probably wouldn’t work best anyway. People would just say that the team representing their continent wasn’t the best in their country so it doesn’t say much, etc.

It would need to be like a coL mix v a dignitas mix, or atleast all div1/invite players and then just play 2 games on european server and two on new york as someone already stated.

Smofo

Im THAT good!

Yea Fragga but you’re in england, what about finns or swedes?

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Quoted from Smofo

Yea Fragga but you’re in england, what about finns or swedes?

swedes get the same as me, fins slightly higher, about 10ms higher

Quoted from Fragga

[…]

swedes get the same as me, fins slightly higher, about 10ms higher

lol

Overcow

KURT!
iNh

I used to be a regular on both an American 2fort- and orange_x-server way back when. Worked surprisingly good.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 12 Next »