Forum

Matchmaking: Beta Testing

Created 8th January 2010 @ 08:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

RaCio

GoT²

You can create the popular configs using the given options. The idea is to bring the game format to a new audience, no matter what it takes. I see absolutely no reason to remove more options.

Well, your partially correct. It’s an awesome idea to bring the format to new players, but if you play without class limits and with crits on there isn’t really much left of that format.

So while the system honestly looks incredibly awesome I doubt many competitive players will use it if a couple of nubs can vote turn crits on.

Last edited by RaCio,

n00ne

Wait , what? No class limits and crits? Doesn’t that defeat the purpouse of creating this? That would be the same as calling a few friends over to have a game of dustbowl with tournament mode on.

ilike2spin

RLM

Wait , what? No class limits and crits? Doesn’t that defeat the purpouse of creating this? That would be the same as calling a few friends over to have a game of dustbowl with tournament mode on.

I think its so you can do that, and you can use it for matches too. It caters for the desires of all TF2 players, or at least tries to. So we can have our no crits etc, and people who are just testing the waters can have a go too.

Anyway, the host chooses all the options so if people really do want crits you can just educate them as to the pointlessness behind their request.

MangyCarface

You can create the popular configs using the given options. The idea is to bring the game format to a new audience, no matter what it takes. I see absolutely no reason to remove more options.

Well, your partially correct. It’s an awesome idea to bring the format to new players, but if you play without class limits and with crits on there isn’t really much left of that format.

So while the system honestly looks incredibly awesome I doubt many competitive players will use it if a couple of nubs can vote crits on.

There is no vote system, it is entirely lobby leader controlled. Please refrain from making undue inferences. If you don’t like a lobby’s options, leave and join another one. It will become obvious fairly quickly that having crits on and unlimited classes won’t draw players into one’s lobby.

Skyride

DUCS

Site looks really nice tbh. Only suggestion I would say is that maybe instead of having some AJAX based chat system, it might be worth making a small java (or preferably flash if it supports it) IRC client. Just imo, would save the constant refreshing.

That would also allow you to see people leave/join.

Last edited by Skyride,

Chaos

I have a server.. let me know what to do :)

flame

@skyride we’re trying to make it more accessible and keep ourselves off of IRC. and the good thing about this is you don’t need to give up your server.

You can like just let it be used for this site when youre not using it. Say you have a scrim server you dont use too often, well now you can make it get used by random people (who will not have access to your rcon or anything) and when you need it you just take it back.

The lobby wont choose a server unless its empty. Id imagine in the future you’d be able to dictate timeslots but I may have just made that up.

Its for a good cause though. =P

haze-e

is good!

Now that’s TF2 future! I LOVE YOU! :)

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Looks awesome, though surely it’s more for mixes than pickups? Unless this is meant to be “accessible” pickups?

I dont get it. :P

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

email sent

edit: got it, its like a web pickup xD

Last edited by Nigh,

karit

added you on steam and sent you e-mail

karit

WOW, they system is awsome from what I have seen :)

MangyCarface

Huge update tonight on the site. Try it out once more and report back if you run into any issues, testers. You’re helping us get closer to a public release every time you make a lobby.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3