Forum

America vs. Europe?

Created 22nd November 2009 @ 21:34

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Dignitas Vs. Loaded/EG? Too close to call.

Would be a good match to watch for sure, UK server would be almost neutral I’d imagine depending on how close the yanks are to the east coast.

agron

Relic

I think NA would win on LAN

Last spring we played Loaded in cevo playoffs, lost 5-4 on badlands: i like to think that on equal grounds (we played 3-4am, very tiring. And we had the 150-200 ping.) we would have won :)

Oh well, a big enough lan to make it worthwhile for the yanks to come here (or vice versa) might still happen…*cough* :(

Last edited by agron,

agron

Relic

– double –

Last edited by agron,

Gaz

TPS

Well even if neither of the teams will attend a LAN im sure that in a year or two with the upgrading internet the match will be very much playble with decent pings for both sides.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

the match will be very much playble with decent pings for both sides.

‘I’d buy that for a dollar!’

fJack

k^m

I think NA would win on LAN

Last spring we played Loaded in cevo playoffs, lost 5-4 on badlands: i like to think that on equal grounds (we played 3-4am, very tiring. And we had the 150-200 ping.) we would have won :)

Oh well, a big enough lan to make it worthwhile for the yanks to come here (or vice versa) might still happen…*cough* :(

we can hope :)

Waebi

‹Con›

Well even if neither of the teams will attend a LAN im sure that in a year or two with the upgrading internet the match will be very much playble with decent pings for both sides.

the point is that it’s not physically possible (afaik at least, those superconductivity thingies might change that a bit, but the costs are WAY too high) to get much lower pings… the packet has to be routed through certain points, and they all add some ms on top of it.
you seem to confuse “upgrading internet” (meaning speed for you) with “better connections”, meaning faster routing.
So yes, LAN would be nice.

Last edited by Waebi,

Gaz

TPS

the point is that it’s not physically possible (afaik at least, those superconductivity thingies might change that a bit, but the costs are WAY too high) to get much lower pings… the packet has to be routed through certain points, and they all add some ms on top of it.
you seem to confuse “upgrading internet” (meaning speed for you) with “better connections”, meaning faster routing.
So yes, LAN would be nice.

Yeah. my bad. will who knows mabey somone would like to sponser such a LAN one day with the support and pressure from top teams.

hyku

Esea.net a American league that is going to have lan finals this season. Maybe next season some European teams can get in invite, and with a larger prize pot, make the lan so we could settle this once and for all. That is assuming you can get to the playoffs by playing at horrible times and having horrible pings. :) Check out the invite teams here http://www.esea.net/index.php?s=league&d=standings&division_id=1365 And if you want, open has mostly the stronger (mid to mid/high) teams in the US because lower teams just join free leagues instead, and sign ups are still open.

tragett

Esea.net a American league that is going to have lan finals this season. Maybe next season some European teams can get in invite, and with a larger prize pot, make the lan so we could settle this once and for all. That is assuming you can get to the playoffs by playing at horrible times and having horrible pings. :) Check out the invite teams here http://www.esea.net/index.php?s=league&d=standings&division_id=1365 And if you want, open has mostly the stronger (mid to mid/high) teams in the US because lower teams just join free leagues instead, and sign ups are still open.

if you pass the pings and timzones all you need to pay for the expensive tickets)

Ijantis

you could probably invite the top 4 teams from the euro scene instead of making them play at a huge disadvantage

compton

cvx|

you could probably invite the top 4 teams from the euro scene instead of making them play at a huge disadvantage

americans will get butthurt if european teams get in without playing

Sofa King

Europe cuz they have denmark <3

alfa

Just get the american teams to play at I39 and its all done…

steel

Use a LAN.

And if that don’t work?

Use moar LAN.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4