Forum

Scout Question - r_drawmodels 0?

Created 13th August 2009 @ 01:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

buNN

Tried noviewmodels for few weeks, made my target hitting worse somehow :<

ambra

i hide the models when I use the scattergun and show them when I’m using the FaN: thats because the reload animation of this last gun is something so fucking bullshit I simply need to see it to find the proper timings during the firefights (same reason why I keep viewmodels as demoman and soldier)…

but with the scattergun, the viewmodel actually confuses me instead

bennY

dp.

i hide the models of Scatter and FaN. Pistol and Bat are shown.

archy

as a scout im using no weapon models because i hit 300 times better than with them. (which still doesnt mean that i hit many of my shots :P) but its just without the model, i’m more able to concentrate on the Xhair and therefore i aim better

Matt

TEZC
TEZC

I think it feels better to play with the viewmodel off for most classes with scout i have my scattergun hidden and my pistol and melee drawn :)

+ 1

I don’t really play scout but I don’t use viewmodels. With soldier I don’t use it with the sg. to avoid mixing up weapon you have out just change the corsair to be different for the different weapons.

This is my scout config. Only thing wrong eith it is messing with the scroll wheel always turns off +reload for some reason. That doesn’t really matter that much with scout though.

-reload

bind 1 “slot1;r_drawviewmodel 0;cl_crosshair_blue 0;cl_crosshair_file crosshair7;cl_crosshair_green 255; cl_crosshair_red 0; cl_crosshair_scale 40”
bind 2 “slot2;r_drawviewmodel 0;cl_crosshair_blue 255;cl_crosshair_file crosshair3;cl_crosshair_green 255; cl_crosshair_red 255; cl_crosshair_scale 23”
bind 3 “slot3;r_drawviewmodel 1;cl_crosshair_blue 255;cl_crosshair_file crosshair3;cl_crosshair_green 255; cl_crosshair_red 255; cl_crosshair_scale 23”

alias “slot12” “activate”
alias “activate” “slot1;r_drawviewmodel 0;cl_crosshair_blue 0;cl_crosshair_file crosshair7;cl_crosshair_green 255; cl_crosshair_red 0; cl_crosshair_scale 40; alias slot12 deactivate”
alias “deactivate” “slot2;r_drawviewmodel 0;cl_crosshair_blue 255;cl_crosshair_file crosshair3;cl_crosshair_green 255; cl_crosshair_red 255; cl_crosshair_scale 23; alias slot12 activate”

bind “q” “slot12”

Ishimoto

it feels really much better. recommended for each class. just get use to it

Puppets

i want to use autoreload and reload animation is shit and so i was like putting no viewmodel in and somehow i can aim betta but i still aim shit so i keep playing soldier

pl4tinum

i played with no gun for like 2 weeks, but i just like the animation of the gun :D

anyway, it made my aim better, but less fun to play, and it was confusing when i used pistol

Puppets

oh and i use different colors for the weapons and bout primary to q secondary to e and melee to f so i dont get confused which weapon i got out

exm

Playing with no model is just weird for me. I guess I could get used to it in a couple of weeks, but I dont think it’s worth it.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

I use it, the gun animations throw off my aim.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

You can turn models on?

Gaz

TPS

works fine for me.

started playing without models once I got over to autoreloading

till then I used viewmodel_fov 30 which is quite good, most of the weapons block your view less like that.. it was annoying with FaN tho as the reloading animation was all over the screen

anyway I got used to r_drawmodels 0 and doubt I’ll ever go back
maybe I’ll just turn them on for spy since often I’m not sure whether I’m invis or not.. not that I play spy 24/7 anyway

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »