Forum

Regarding demoman limit

Created 8th June 2008 @ 16:55

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Two demomen equals greece in football, its just not fun.

Macisum

YOYO\'
syster

You mean two demomen equals football, its just not fun ;)

BAM__BAM

)

N/A

RaWr ::

I agree, Demoman Limit 1 is the way forward. :]

byte

Funny line here “Two demomen equals greece in football, its just not fun.”

Yet in football its allowed, shall we go ask FIFA and the IFA to ban such a thing? Yes lets do it. :|

Bit of brainz please, yes its very difficult to defeat a 2 demoman attack or defence, however to every setup to a game there is a crack which someone can break to make 2 demoman look like puppy sh!t.

I know for a fact there is a clear cut way to beat a setup of

– 1 medic 2 scouts 2 demo and 1 soldier or
– 1 medic 1 scout 2 demo 2 soldiers.

Just a matter of actually playing as a team and figuring out a tactic to defeat two demomen. Like seriously as a demoman against 2 scouts on granary sorry let me rephrase two AWSOME scouts, for example bybben and Appz combined whats stopping me from saying? “ban 2 scouts just to powerful against me?” nothing but its a tactic thats widely used because of speed and it caps the point and various other things.

Ya don’t see people bitching about it but its the same scenario, but most of the time it can be counter acted.

Instead of making excuses for your sorry ass selves, get ya finger out, sit down and think of a tactic to beat two demomen. I mean for christ sake ^wotr^ have lost sometimes while we’ve used 2 demomen, so what stopped us from winning? Theres always a tactic for another tactic.

Should always remain as 1ml and 2cl. None of this 1 demoman limit shite. Just making it easier on yourselves so you don’t have to think and have some sort of intelligence which from what i know of the majority don’t!

Cheers

Byte

Funk

Am gonna sound like a sucker here, but i cant agree more.

There isnt a single combo in TF2 that can’t be beaten, as much as there’s CL2.

The demoman pair is highly overrated due to rape in FFA imho. Otherwise, with limited players , from 6 vs 6 to 9 vs 9, it wouldn’t ever be a problem that can’t be solved.

Seriously, stop whining over skilled demomen. U have no idea what it takes to play good with that class, and the teamplay needed for 2 demomen to be as effective as 2 scouts is serious stuff.

I mean, he’s really slow, his nades are slow, no splash damage, fucked up rebounds, stickies that take 1 second to bang and often can’t kill with two hits against mid-high HP classes…

1 single GREAT scout can TEAR A HOLE up to 2 EXCELLENT demomen.

Also, that democlass is bringing on choice problems, and in pickups its really boring to have a prick sticking to demoman, not willin to switch, cause there’s only one allowed.

The only REALLY effective couples in TF2 are heavy-medic, pair of scouts and pair of soldiers. Demoman are just plain too slow to attack for they could ever rule, rape the game like SKILLED scouts atm do.

codcrille

Fresh.

Haha is that guy serious?

shifty

Sir

2 demos is pretty yawn though when its lockdown

weqo

broder
syster

word Byte and Funk!

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

whoever agrees with funk must be

a. insane
b. has no idea of the game (demo slow?)
c. funk himself.

skre

Kvakkistansen

“1 single GREAT scout can TEAR A HOLE up to 2 EXCELLENT demomen.”

right.

dunc

infs
dp.

“1 single GREAT scout can TEAR A HOLE up to 2 EXCELLENT demomen.”

I lol’d IRL. I would pay money to see even “the best scout in the world” play 1v2 against any of the top 5 EU demomen.

Janusz

We all know the demoman is the most overpowered class, and we all know the map design doesnt give enough routes to evade the traps two demos will lay down.

I have just played a game on granary which got bogged down at middle for over 15 minutes with the enemy playing two demos which sticked both routes into middle – similar to the pandemic v excello match.

As regards the demoman being slow, what nonsense, not only does the demoman run faster than the heavy and solider, but with the ability to sticky jump it makes the demo class equally as quick as scouts.

And dont forget – SPAM! endless bloody SPAM! which is neither skillful nor entertaining to watch.

complx-

Kvakkistansen

1 great scout would rarely take out 2 good demomen! end of story.

As regarding the limit, i think its rather stupid… I could agree that 2 demoman lockdowns can be a hassle… but thats about it. A demoman pair isnt any more dangerous then 2 awsome scouts or a awsome medic/heavy…

Byte, i pretty much agree…!!!

I would almost compare the 1 demoman limit to Pyros being blocked in pickups… their annoying… no other reason as far as i see it.

agron

Relic

ah surprise, byte being the cool angry dude again…sigh

“Instead of making excuses for your sorry ass selves, get ya finger out, sit down and think of a tactic to beat two demomen. I mean for christ sake ^wotr^ have lost sometimes while we’ve used 2 demomen, so what stopped us from winning? Theres always a tactic for another tactic.”

tbh the reason wotr has lost games with 2 demomen is because wotr really was not a good clan. With just 1 demo, wotr would have lost even more. There’s your answer tbh =)

And yes i think 2 demos is really really annoying when they are used to impose a lockdown effect. Really, really yawnsome. Still i dont think they should limit demo to 1. It’s always nice to have options, and as byte just reminded us earlier, the better team will in the end win, 2 demos or not.

cheerios,
the agron

___

ps. Wotr is deffo better now, with Appz and Coinz =)

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »