Forum

Multicore and alt-tab bug MAJ.

Created 19th March 2009 @ 08:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Wiiking

yea, now it never drops that much, even when u play the super32playerpubservers!

Zap

great update, I now get fps above 200 at some times while I get like 80-90 fps on average

J3

2/3hours long on agressive pubing and no crashes so far… caped @200fps it varies but never got an average lower then 120.
specs:e8400 @3.9, 2x ati 3870 CF, and 9.2 drivers. ill give it a run with 9.3 now..

emptynoflow

(^-^)v

you still need to disable multicore when taking screenshots or when using the startmovie command.

skinnie

TCM

so if u want to take a screenshot u still need to switch to mat_queue_mode -1 first ? and then back to 2

AnAkkk

mat_queue_mode -1 = 2 after the update.
-2 or 0 is disabled.

I’ve tested screenshots, they are still black with mat_queue_mode -1,1,2

remO

A lot more stable for me =]

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

– The queue/thread mode the material system should use: -2=legacy default, -1=default, 0=synchronous single thread, 1=queued single thread, 2=queued multithreaded

Sorry, I do not really understand
if I active it through settings it makes -1
if I turn it off it goes 0

bice

The description text hasent been updated.

kaidus

WiK?

My game crashes every 5 minutes at best since this update whenever playing non-default maps regardless of whether multicore is enabled or not. Shitty update from my perspective.

____13____

5 guys of our team crashed right at the same time (and 1 and the 6 of the other team didn’t).

I’ve NEVER seen even 2 players crashing at the same time…

Something went wrong with this update…

(btw, 1 were using the dual core support, everyone else werent).

Fodi

Well, tf2 was totaly stable for me so far but since the last update, I have at least one crash on every single map. At first I thought that it must be the multirendering stuff so I switched that off, but it keeps on crashing. Yea thx Valve, appriciate it…

Waebi

‹Con›

had to set it to -2 (new cvar for off apparently) to get my game working again. Had a crash every 10 mins. yay.

Morty

RG

I had 100 fps, now i have 200. TYVM Valve.

xtala

No crashed for me, 20fps boost.

5 guys of our team crashed right at the same time (and 1 and the 6 of the other team didn’t).
I’ve NEVER seen even 2 players crashing at the same time…
Something went wrong with this update…
(btw, 1 were using the dual core support, everyone else werent).

Actually, our entire team crashed after a recent update whenever someone picked an hw with natasha.
Was due to the server tho, it wasn’t updated yet.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »