Forum

AnAkIn Anti-Cheat v3.2

Created 11th April 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 51 52 53 ... 73 Next »

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

1 R47H3R pL4Y w17 4 CL13n7, 5O 1 KnOw my oPpon3N7 12 cL34N OF CH3472, 7H3N wh1n3 48oU7 5Cr33N5ho72 831n’ 53Nd Of My ph4VOR173 prOn5173 1 L1K3 7o cH3CK DUR1N’ 94M32.

space ranger

XD

wpminnows

[PG]

Quoted from dodgydogman

For example taking a screen shot of someones video game is totally ok. However, If they had their overlay on and were having a private convo, that would be messed up. Surely something like that is possible with this system, which is why I dont think its really ok.

afaik the jpeg command won’t pick up the overlay, correct me if i’m wrong

Angel

Quoted from Andee

1 R47H3R pL4Y w17 4 CL13n7, 5O 1 KnOw my oPpon3N7 12 cL34N OF CH3472, 7H3N wh1n3 48oU7 5Cr33N5ho72 831n’ 53Nd Of My ph4VOR173 prOn5173 1 L1K3 7o cH3CK DUR1N’ 94M32.

rofl

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from Andee

What’s a pronsite?

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Califax

What’s a pronsite?

http://www.pron.com/ But don’t act like you didn’t know, anakin has the screenshots to prove it.

Last edited by Andee,

I still dont get how you actually could modify the plugin. Like what are the possibilities?

Can it record my sexy voice? Will it activate my webcam and take pictures of me sitting naked in front of my pc?

I doubt it…:P

minimoose

Quoted from dodgydogman

I have the view that monitoring is ok, but there is a line that gets drawn very early on.

For example taking a screen shot of someones video game is totally ok. However, If they had their overlay on and were having a private convo, that would be messed up. Surely something like that is possible with this system, which is why I dont think its really ok.

The plugin should be used, but maybe only be allowed for officials, also the player should know that there is a possibility of them being monitored..

No, that would not be surely possible.

Oxy

TC.Express

The amount of people in this thread who have no idea what they are talking about is quite frankly ridiculous.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from envy

[…]
Spike Himself, being an admin of server (or at least a person who have some kind of control on it), rejected to keep using this plugin after he knew about screenshots being silently taken and transferred to Anakin. But then agreed it would “perfect” to be the only person who receive them. Refrain from posting out of context.

Spike Himself said it would be perfect if only the server owner got the screenshots. Pay attention.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from fraac

[…]

Spike Himself said it would be perfect if only the server owner got the screenshots. Pay attention.

-snip-

Last edited by freshmeatt,

envy

Quoted from fraac

Wow, really? I pointed at that. Pay attention.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I think you’re confusing hypocrisy with privacy concerns. The server owner already knows everything you see while on their server, apart from your hud, which shouldn’t matter unless you’re cheating.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Oxy

The amount of people in this thread who have no idea what they are talking about is quite frankly ridiculous.

I don’t know anything of the technical side at all and have no clue as to what is possible with this kind of thing but I do know this:

If it is possible and desirable to gather information via a sever side plug-in installed on a TF2 server and then use this information maliciously for personal gain or anything else…THEN IT HAS ALREADY HAPPENED TO YOU SO MANY TIMES IT NO LONGER MATTERS. All those servers you’ve played on over the years could have had things like this running and you wouldn’t even know about it.

AnAkIn has told you about this plug in so it’s very unlikely he’s going to use this for malicious purposes, personal gain or even for blackmail against you. That would be like telling everyone in your school, office or family group that you’ve just bought a brand new shiny gun, telling everyone loudly and often…and then shooting someone with it.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from AnAkkk

Some people think I can do anything on their computer. It’s wrong. It’s not really possible to do anything else useful than taking screenshots. I can only use functions that are part of the game (it’s exactly the same as the jpeg command).

still thinking OMG HE SEEZ MY PR0N ?

also

Quoted from Mommy

The lack of morality and understanding of how laws have been violated are troublesome. Anakin should seek legal advice.

BECAUSE SOME RANDOM UNDERAGE KEYBOARD WARRIOR MIGHT ACTUALLY A) BE INTERESTED IN SUING B) HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE HOW TO PROCEED ON THIS AND C) HAVE THE MONIES TO ACTUALLY DO IT

rofl

Last edited by Waebi,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 51 52 53 ... 73 Next »