Forum

A Painful Introspective

Created 19th December 2011 @ 01:10

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 11 Next »

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from lolage

[…]

Despite it being the communites fault to an extent I can’t stop but think that valve could have helped.

Valve is very aware there is a competitive scene which could even bring in some money to the game so why valve can’t sponsor a league with cash prizes is beyond me. They are not exactly stuck for cash getting $$$ from the Manco Store.

Yes, but that is (kinda) out of our control, what we can control is what we do as a community and individuals.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

“Sponsorships should have been more pursued much harder and actual cash prizes would do wonders for attracting sponsors for teams, even people from other games.”

its still possible isnt it?

-what about getting money from adds/ i think etf2l has for sure 10000 clicks each day?

– more sponsors like Tt or ckras , they are sponsoring everything, or get razer involved maybe they grant a little bit more then 6 headsets each seasons …

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from smziii

“Sponsorships should have been more pursued much harder and actual cash prizes would do wonders for attracting sponsors for teams, even people from other games.”

its still possible isnt it?

-what about getting money from adds/ i think etf2l has for sure 10000 clicks each day?

– more sponsors like Tt or ckras , they are sponsoring everything, or get razer involved maybe they grant a little bit more then 6 headsets each seasons …

Apparently they are using ad money for cash prizes in season 11. Not sure how much though.

The only problem with this is unless they are earning a substantial amount from adsense the ad money will run out fast, especially if they are planning on doing two seasons before summer.

Last edited by lolage,

antyjc

2ne1

can’t get razer or tt or whatever while being sponsored by steelseries.

steelseries would have to be dropped.

i’ll be an admin. im rly gud at the game.

also on a geniunley more crucial note. need more admins on pug2. f2 and byte. sort it out. you barely play, and so invitation of new people hardly affects you, but they have to be invited by you. FUCK MAN SORT IT OUT.

jonii

fm-eSportstf2

Quoted from CrashSite

As a competitive game, TF2 is looked upon as joke by many other communities, this reputation is due to everyone in the community and has nothing to do with the game.

This is so so so so wrong.

Quoted from CrashSite

ETF2L has done more harm than good for TF2

I can’t believe someone actually thinks this.

Quoted from CrashSite

Now with ESL dropping TF2, it just shows how little we care about the game in the long run, most of the community thinking only short term about themselves. ESL had massive problems, but it would of help TF2 so much.

Yeah, ESL dropping TF2 shows how little WE care, right? maybe if their whole site wasn’t a giant turd and wire wasn’t a horrible, game-crashing software, things would be different.

The rant about prem players is true though, they are too busy being prem and dropping and making new prem teams next season etc.

But, let’s face it, this game is slowly dying, not because of Valve, neither because of us, mostly because it didn’t get picked up, it didn’t have the attention of sponsors, lan’s, and now people are moving on, stopping being lazy/dicks would be helpful, but it wouldn’t make tf2 the game you want it to be, that’s not going to happen.

dauk

If you’re talking about tf2 as in esports wise, then the main fault its “dying” is because fps games die in esport scene. Pub tf2 will live long.

Last edited by dauk,

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from jonii

[…]

This is so so so so wrong.

[…]

I can’t believe someone actually thinks this.

[…]

Yeah, ESL dropping TF2 shows how little WE care, right? maybe if their whole site wasn’t a giant turd and wire wasn’t a horrible, game-crashing software, things would be different.

The rant about prem players is true though, they are too busy being prem and dropping and making new prem teams next season etc.

But, let’s face it, this game is slowly dying, not because of Valve, neither because of us, mostly because it didn’t get picked up, it didn’t have the attention of sponsors, lan’s, and now people are moving on, stopping being lazy/dicks would be helpful, but it wouldn’t make tf2 the game you want it to be, that’s not going to happen.

Thanks for showing everyone everything that the worse of the community has. This selfishness is what kills us most. ESL is shit we all know it, grow up, suck it up and play, as it helps everyone.

Prem aren’t all bad. i never said that. What I said was that they could do more, as they invest most in the game. You know who else could do more? Everyone else. My example of the Prem players was simply because Greg made that point on the podcast. This just shows the lack of respect that the top and the bottom of the TF2 community has for one another.

If you want to a debate about etf2l. I can get into it. Although bust atm, will write it up in more detail tomorrow afternoon.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

I realise that I have done something that I find annoying in others, so I am going to correct that. I am going to offer solutions to the problems that I have brought to light,

There are a couple of things that can be done by the community that would help TF2 sustain and maybe even grow.

ESL should be our focus. We all know that the website and Wire is a piece of shit. Grow up, suck it up and deal with it. Sponsors and LAN’s will find it hard to support TF2 if the only league is a community run one. Every team and I mean every team, needs to go play in ESL. It sucks, but it is for the good of the community. It doesn’t matter if you had a bad experience, stop being selfish and play some games.

Get writers for Cadred. It is a disgrace that we did not use that site to its fullest. I start writing for it, just before it let go of TF2, was planning to do more. But if people could join me and help with match ticker, articles, spotlights, LAN coverage and simply commenting on every article, we would be in a much better position as a community.

Start helping getting people from public TF2 into the competitive scene. The gap between the two is huge, due to unlocks, maps etc. There are a few ways you can help. First, anyone who acts like an arrogant twat in a public should leave this community and never return. You hear about it every now and again. No one should ever do that. Second there is the newbie Mix Group with can be a great way of getting people into Competitive, there are some issues with it, such as needing to convince people to form teams, but it is a start. Third if you see a pubstar, ask if he wants to go mix with you at some point. It might only pick up one or two more people, but it helps and shows that we like people in pubs and are friendly.

These are the first few things that can be done by everyone. There are some behind the scenes stuff that also needs to be done. This will come I hope.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

its quite true that some prem players seem to dont care about tf2 anymore
(maybe because there is no difference in playing in div 3 or prem, cuz all you can win is a small pixel trophy on your teampage, so why should people put effort in this game?)

– this doesnt count for all prem players for example greg and kaidus doing their work on cadred or vanillatv, byte had been an admin for ages and still works for the pixelpickup, torden keeping vanilla.org alive even marco (stupid gay shitcunt) put time and effort in this league, i can also say from my own experince that most of the prem div1 are helping newbies aswell if people jsut ask them

so i think we can say that there are many people (also in prem) that want to keep the
tf2 euro scene alive

the problem is just the plattform

cuz etf2l as it is by now is a community league but not a competitive league

tl;dr was all mentioned above iam just to slow to post -.-

Last edited by smziii,

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from CrashSite

ESL should be our focus.

This would be the toughest part. I hope something like this wouldn’t lead to the community splitting between the two sites, like Season 9. Need to get rid of that ETF2L vs. ESL stigma; I understand we have a smaller community, but other eSports have multiple leagues.

Get writers for Cadred.

Noob question here: Is there any bigger eSport news outlet/resource for Europe than Cadred?

atmo

I agree that the direction the community seems to be taking isn’t a positive one. As CrashSite has highlighted, Prem seems to be off in its own ivory tower (with a few exceptions), moaning about how TF2 is dying while at the same time belittling the efforts of people “below” them that are trying to keep the game we all love alive.

Inevitably, players are going to leave, from real life commitments or otherwise. You need players to fill their place, and guess where they come from? Lower divisions.

I don’t really want to get in to an Us vs. Them kind of scenario, this scene is too small for internal feuding. But it feels like the top end could do with treating the bottom end more kindly.

Last edited by atmo,

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from CrashSite

ESL should be our focus. We all know that the website and Wire is a piece of shit. Grow up, suck it up and deal with it. Sponsors and LAN’s will find it hard to support TF2 if the only league is a community run one. Every team and I mean every team, needs to go play in ESL. It sucks, but it is for the good of the community. It doesn’t matter if you had a bad experience, stop being selfish and play some games.

The thing is, though, that only a handful of players are in the top end of the community that actually play to win prizes. Most of them play competitive tf2 simply because they enjoy it. Now, when those people stop enjoying themselves, be it because esl site or wire etc, they should just shut up and have a shitty time for the good of the game? Obviously more leagues means more coverage and so forth, but you can’t honestly expect people to do that.

If over half of the teams drop out during the season then there is definitely something wrong with the league itself, a lot more so than in the community.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Ritalin

[…]

This would be the toughest part. I hope something like this wouldn’t lead to the community splitting between the two sites, like Season 9. Need to get rid of that ETF2L vs. ESL stigma; I understand we have a smaller community, but other eSports have multiple leagues.

[…]

Noob question here: Is there any bigger eSport news outlet/resource for Europe than Cadred?

You can play in both. That is not an issue.

Well not for multiple e-sports I think. Unless someone can correct me.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Snyyppis

[…]

The thing is, though, that only a handful of players are in the top end of the community that actually play to win prizes. Most of them play competitive tf2 simply because they enjoy it. Now, when those people stop enjoying themselves, be it because esl site or wire etc, they should just shut up and have a shitty time for the good of the game? Obviously more leagues means more coverage and so forth, but you can’t honestly expect people to do that.

If over half of the teams drop out during the season then there is definitely something wrong with the league itself, a lot more so than in the community.

I disagree. There is this sense in the TF2 community that if it is hard there is no point in doing it. Which is terrible attitude to have in life. More support for TF2 means more LANs, which are cool for everyone, more players, so our community expands, so we get new friends and more money, which is nice for the people who we watch play.

And lets get one thing straight. ESL is just playing TF2 it is still fun. The website and Wire are annoying, but not enough to justify people not playing there. Wire can be fixed by opening support ticket.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]You can play in both. That is not an issue.

I’m agreeing with you (I think you may have misinterpreted).

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 11 Next »