Forum

Bought new grahpix card.. Got wierd lag

Created 1st February 2009 @ 00:51

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Donk3y

cM

Hi. Today was the day i finally bought a new graphix card ( Ati 4850) after installing it etc i moved on to play some tf2. Once i went into some map with like 10+ people i started getting lag.. i was still havin like 100-300 fps tho ( same fps at lowest as at highest settings ) but the lag was feeling wierd and it just made it look like it was like 5 fps…:S hard to explain but like every rocket i shot looked like 5 following each other.. ive re installed tf2, steam, drivers and still havent managed to fix this.. can any1 help me plz? i have a nice ping in most servers so it shouldnt be because of that either

edit according to helly this has nothing to do with gfx card settings but my delayage stuff.. on my netgraph it says 30 20 20 30 if i remember it right does any1 know how to fix this shit?

J3

Use driver cleaner pro to remove all old drivers, install the latest drivers that were out today 9.1. If it continues just keep giving details like netgraph data.

kEvNx

.#mtf

gpu-bios update :] i think that is it ^_^

Donk3y

cM

how do i update gpu bios

kEvNx

.#mtf

google ftw.

Donk3y

cM

cant find
… i tried
forgot to say .. my fps goes 300 sometimes and 40-50 sometimes Wtf?

according to helly this has nothing to do with gfx card settings but my delayage stuff.. on my netgraph it says 30 20 20 30 if i remember it right does any1 know how to fix this shit?

J3

What r ur settings, res, driver version, os, cpu and ram.
One thing u shouldnt do is flash it, that has nothing to do with vga bios. To me seems u have some setting wrong or bad drivers.
Do u get choke or loss when that happens? Is that random drops or only when there is a huge overload of data on screen.
If ur cpu is not as good as a core 2 it is normal to see that behavior with high settings. That is a possibility.
Use net_graph 3
i am assuming u are not playing w 100+ ping.

Donk3y

cM

My video-settings dont change a thing.. eaven if im playing with the highest or the lowest i have 2gb ram e6750 @ 3.2ghz and newest ati drivers .. the game has always worked fine with my old ba card ati radeon 2600pro

Norrland3000

format c:

Donk3y

cM

looks like i will do that

Digiwill

=[IDK]=

What kevnx said is not very common, but it might be the issue. There are a few graphic cards who change clockspeed all the time which results in performance issues.

so that’s why flashing might be the solution…

seems like u tried some things already, u might wanna give driver cleaner a go or maybe a fresh Windows install.

GL :)

xtala

If it is a bad bios (Sapphire had a bad batch some time ago) then you should just RMA it tbh.

Madsie

max_fps 100

it might sort it out it did for me

Predz

[DA]
[DA]

vsync -> off

Glufse

?!

Ive heard others who have the same problem, a friend of my formated his PC (he have a Ati 4850) and when he downloaded the new GFX drivers this problem occured. So he thought it was the new drivers that was the problem.

I dont know if he solved it or not, but try with old(er) drivers.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »