Forum

Sniper fix?

Created 21st January 2009 @ 11:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Am I the only one that thinks the sniper power-slider is completely wrong for competitive play?

IMO, the sniper should have a static value, probably around 50% but testing will be needed to confirm.

Having to scope in for a second or two before you can take a shot that will do any real damage is a bit ridiculous in my opinion, especially when rushed by scouts or something you really have no chance even if you do land the quick / no-scoped shot.

Maybe it could be incorporated into one of the TFTrue test versions, so the community can test it and post opinions?

dunc

infs
dp.

Great plan m8. Let’s fix snipers so that they can instantly do 50% damage headshots effectively making them able to 1shot all classes bar heavy.

Actually, tbh, while we’re on – can’t we just make the scope optional and allow no scopes to headshot, whilst giving them a crosshair out of scope?

Jonni

[FB]

failthread

crz

T4F

in my opinion the sniper should be like an alternative weapon (hi sniper update) where you having the sniper gun without charging the shot bot a non scope crosshair and the ability to do critical headshots there too with the lowest dmg a headshot can do (zoom + instantshot)

i would love that… scoping really sucks… only the ppl coming from cs are used to it… none of the ut / q3 whatever players zoomed before ;)

this would be my wish for the sniper update and shouldnt be done by plugins cause you are loosing the chance to take out overhealed heavys n stuff

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

I may not have made myself fully clear, what I mean is just make so that noscopes / quickscopes aren’t completely useless. As it stands now if you noscope you’ll barely damage them even if they are a scout, nevermind a tougher class.

As for instant headshots, I’m not saying all headshots should kill heavies, especially if they are buffed. I think the headshot damage values @ 100% are perfect, its just the 0% shots that should be adjusted.

dunc

infs
dp.

If a sniper could do any kind of reasonable damage with a no-scope, it would be a retarded class. They’d be flying around at medic-speeds twatting everyone for silly damages.

No thanks! ATM it takes skill to play a sniper but already in some situations TF2 boils down to winning teams being the one that has the best sniper. That’s pretty much how the American scene has turned out in some arenas.

Fisshu

infs
[FB]

‘sniper fix’ lol, the class is already imba if you learn how to use it. It wasnt designed for close combat, that what your team mates are for.

BvD

flowerpower/

Who don’t we just make the sniper into a instagib with scope? That would be so balanced

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

“They’d be flying around at medic-speeds twatting everyone for silly damages.”

I don’t mean that powerful, just increase the minimun value a little, maybe around 50 dmg

skinnie

TCM

HAHAH

xzr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkZLJeQ1Nhc&feature=related

just learn to hit stuff with the sniper, it’s an efficient class in skilled hands, no tuning needed.

SakkoSekken

I would rather see a reduction in no scope damage, the sniper is a sniping class, the smg and kukiri is there for a reason. I guess I don’t have to mention that there is a reason for the zoom, it’s not a AWP, stop using it like one

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Pretty sure the noscope damage can’t be lowered any further or it would do no damage :O

Jh

Hey dats!

the only fix the sniper needs is getting quickswitch back and removing the ridic 200ms no-crit dmg whateverthefuckyouwannacallthatshittynerf.

either that or removing the scope sway when you’re getting shottied from across the map thus making you miss. thats ridic.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

“either that or removing the scope sway when you’re getting shottied from across the map thus making you miss. thats ridic.”

that makes me rage so much :P

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »