Forum

Delay

Created 11th January 2009 @ 15:55

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Mirelin

alus

Could someone help me? I got big problem. Probably, it’s with rocket launcher of soldier class.

All the time, when i got ping 50 and more, i got delay. I mean, if my ping is 50, i shoot my rocket, and it fly only after 0.1 sec. When i got ping 80-100 , it fly only after 0.3 sec delay. I realy dont know what to doo. All my friends have same ping, but they dont have that freaky delay.

My internet speed is 100 Megabit/sec . On all servers i probably have 40-60 ping. I’m using cl_interp 0.01 , cl_cmdrate 67, cl_updaterate 67. And also i watched very many soldier frag movies. They got normal rocket speed -.-

Maybe is there some other command, to improve my rocket’s speed? I hope you will help me, thanks. And sorry for my english, i’m from Latvia :]

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

It’s normal for your rockets to delay a bit when your ping gets higher. In a frag movie, how can you tell when he clicked his mouse? You won’t be able to tell how much of a delay he has.

If it is another problem, do you have a weird reload script or something with wait commands? they can cause delays.

I play a bit of american TF2 where my ping is 100+ and it’s difficult to aim rockets because of the initial firing delay.

If you don’t have the problem on a lan server, then it’s probably just your ping, and that’s what a higher ping does I’m afraid.

Extremer

I get that same delay around ~70 ping too. So annoying when you click the mouse button, hear the plop sound of a nade, but it doesnt come out in time and the scout kills you.

AnAkkk

“I’m using cl_interp 0.01 , cl_cmdrate 67, cl_updaterate 67. And also i watched very many soldier frag movies. They got normal rocket speed -.- ”

Maximum cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate are 66 in TF2, because of the server tickrate being locked to 66. The minimum interp is then 0.0152.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

cl_interp 0
cl_interp_ratio 1

try it

atreides

play with something like: cl_interp = 2 / cl_updaterate

Valve’s recommendation

Mirelin

alus

“I get that same delay around ~70 ping too. So annoying when you click the mouse button, hear the plop sound of a nade, but it doesnt come out in time and the scout kills you.”

Yes! I got same thing, but with ping 40~ . Well, then you are happy only because you got this freaky delay with ping 70. 1 month back, i did not had delay with ping 50, 40. But now, i have this freaky delay. I realy dont know, why.

Fragga, well. My rocket fly much better sometimes with this command set.

cl_interp 2 , unreal to play. 1 sec delay, or 2 . Are you sure, what that is valve recomendation?

kolox

obs.

someone likes the game to be played for them, I see :x
Thats alot of scripts

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

he said interp = 2 / updaterate
which is 2 / 66
which is about 0.03

Norris

uuuh you post a cfg with fastfire in the etf2l forums?:)

Norrland3000

omg…try deleting your soldier.cfg :P get rid of those scripts :) try vanilla, great feeling!

Mirelin

alus

im not using scp when i play for soldier :] .

AnimaL

cl_interp 2 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL thats like 200ms delay rofl…

use this:

cl_cmdrate “67”
cl_updaterate “100”
cl_interp_ratio “1”
cl_interp 0.021
cl_smooth 0
rate 30000

feeling any better?

btw anything over 60ms real ping (not the scoreboard but netgraph one) will start to get a delay on ur rockets…

easyest way to test whats wrong – go make a lan servaar, try if its ok, if its ok in lan, u got connection problems..

saiboat

using win7 beta by any chance? :P

Mirelin

alus

Animal, big thx :] . Now i dont have this shit delay :] . But properly, when i’m shooting my rocket, it bit warping, when flying :D . But aniway, to play is now better.

I’m using windows VIsta

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »