Forum

Helping a n00b out :'(

Created 22nd January 2011 @ 19:10

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

Cooler

4Queens

If I was you I’d play soldier, many teams are looking for one atm and it won’t change quickly

Dan

O.O Loads of reply’s an not 1 troll….
Starting to loves this community all ready.
Thanks for all the help guys <3

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Dan

O.O Loads of reply’s an not 1 troll….
Starting to loves this community all ready.
Thanks for all the help guys <3

i have failed.

Dummy

Quoted from octochris

[…]

i have failed.

your duty is not done :<

Skully

Quoted from kuma

don’t go scout, they are like rats in that there are way too many of them and you won’t find a team

1. go scout
2. ???
3. profit

AnimaL

scout: simplest class in game – w+m1
medic: easiest way to high divs – just heal the best guy in yo team
demo: most op class in game – but requires usage of two weapons
soldier: easiest class in game – shoot feet, get kills

randa

Quoted from AnimaL

scout: simplest class in game – w+m1
medic: easiest way to high divs – just heal the best guy in yo team
demo: most op class in game – but requires usage of two weapons
soldier: easiest class in game – shoot feet, get kills

e_Z game

trams

-><-

If you have movement, aim, time to practice a lot and tactical skills, play demo or main caller soldier.
If you have movement, aim, time to practice a lot, play soldier.
If you have movement, aim, play scout
If you have movement, play medic.

FIR

SnG

Quoted from trams

If you have movement, gamesense, eyes behind your head, sick dodging skills, good positioning, neat heal prioritizing, sick needle aim, triggerhappy M2 button, extremely good comms, a thirst for climbing the divisions, or plain laziness (hit M1 and put stickyheal on), play medic.

fixed :P

Edd

T2P

sticky heal LOL

flushy

P.O.P

RareSpycrab – ‘tbh medic is the easiest road to high divs’

Vladi

TIDS

Quoted from trams

If you have movement, aim, time to practice a lot and tactical skills, play demo or main caller soldier.

if that is your honest opinion, u cant really belong into div4.

1. With me being REALLY new, what would be the best class for me to play? I know that demo and soldier have specific jumps and things they have to do ect.

I think first you should pick up the handling of the specific classes on a pub-server. If u know how to aim rockets and got the General Idea of Rocket-jumping, find a player of any div to show you the jumps (you can add me, if u want to) for the most important maps (named above),and then there is nothing anymore, that is holding you back from your first mix/pickup/lobby/whatever as a soldier.

2. What are the LAN maps and what is the re-playability like? In css, cod4 ect there are only a few maps that are played and after some lans and online play you start to get sick of looking at the same thing constantly :(

I think LANs mostly have the same map pools as the online competitions, there are maps added / removed once and then.

3. Is the game stable? With call of duty 4 there is all ways that chance the game will “die” when a more update date call of duty game is released I just want to make sure nothing like that is hanging over TF2′s head.

Lately there have been some problems with the servers, but generally speaking the game is stable and with the configs u can do a lot of customizations / stabilisations (you might know that from css or anything else)

4. What is the community like? In css they are well… not the most friendly people to talk to and get along with, but I have heard from countless others the TF2 community is nice an helpful.

This community is, after the Broodwar-scene, the most interesting and comfortable community u can think of.
As always you will find assholes, trolls, arrogant elitists, but even they participate in a certain way and round up the “society”. Generally u will be treated in a polite way.

5. Was wondering what leagues and cups are like, I know this website is the main focus for TF2 (Which don’t get me wrong is a VERY good thing) but I was also wondering if there are cups an leagues ran by other websites ect, whilst on this topic if you could all so tell me what lans there are pretty please <3

Wireplay
Esportsheaven
vanillatf2
the big LANs were already named (Assemly, i42, etc.)

6. Teams… The problem with most other gaming scenes is there shortage of teams, I just wanted to know if the chances are high that if I do start to play it will take me 3 months to find a team.

http://etf2l.org/recruitment/

Last edited by Vladi,

Sketch

MM

1. Play Medic or Demo there is always a shortage. You will find getting into teams and mixes even easier if you have good comms.

2. There is about 5 core maps. and there are always 1 or 2 promising maps in development. For example we recently had a 1 night cup for cp_snakewater and in the past we have introduced several community maps such as freight and obscure into competitive play.

3.This game has one of the best and most stable communities. it also has the most stable and devoted developer (valve!) Unlike cod4 we wont be expecting a sequel for at least another 6-7 years! Games like call of duty despite their popularity are never around long enough to become stable :D tf2 has already proved it can out last call of duty 4 and mw2. So I don’t see what your point is!

4. Best community ever. There is a bit of mild trolling but not of the same way css does it. TF2 players are generally more grown up. I would hazard a guess that the etf2l collective average age would be 23-24 years old. as you can see the community is willing to help out new players and the majority are really nice guys. (except binge, he is a massive troll)

5. Most casual teams just play in wireplay 6v6 and etf2l 6v6. However there are plenty of events going on on various websites. i think most have been mentioned already.

6. Plenty of teams about. If you can’t find one, make one. There is a lot of support within this community for new players and teams. There are always those willing to help by mixing or motoring.

Last edited by Sketch,

Dan

It’s just that I have got REALLY board of playing EPS css firstly because it’s abit… easy an because after 6 years of playing the game it’s bound to get abit boring xD
But ye, over all I’ve done 10,000+ hours of css an will be looking to do no less in TF2 so activity an practise should not be a problem for me I think. I know a few people around the scene from other places, not to sure if they remember me but I could all ways try an ask for help.
I will probably end up playing demoman, from what I’ve heard scouts are like awpers, 10 an penny but finding a good one is hard because of them having a reputation for being bad, with me having a horrible css loving attitude I don’t think I will like medic as I like to get the frags to much xD and I would prefer the demoman over soldier because it’s more of a challenge to be good at it I suppose.

Thanks for all the great reply’s guys, it’s much appreciated, As soon as I give my current css team notice an time to find a 5th they are comfortable playing with and I’ve made sure there stable I will be all good for my move. :)

Thanks once again. xoxo

EDIT: I also love demo because I’ve only ever really seen TF2 matches in frag movies an I <3 Doctor Justice

Last edited by Dan,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from trams

did you just imply medic only moves and doesn’t require any brain

you are the new rarespycrab

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »