Forum

Rollbacks

Created 21st December 2010 @ 09:55

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]why

Read question 1 in the FAQ on the website Wabby linked to :)

Last edited by Spike Himself,

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

I don’t know what’s the problem to host all versions of your non-steam versions.

How many versions do exist?
With 9 people who already came to enjoy your service you’ve uploaded ~ 27 GB so far. It’s only a question of time when it would become more efficient to upload all non-steam versions instead.

No offense. I appreciate the service you are offering, but as it seems there a bunch of people who actually would like to do it by themselves. If you are afraid of getting into serious trouble because of illegal stuff going in there – do not hesitate to add me on steam, I can upload it as well. :)

Spike Himself

TC

I’m not fussed about the illegal stuff at all. I just can’t link it here because ETF2L doesn’t condone it.

I don’t know about your internet but for me uploading 1 non-steam tf2 version takes ~8 hours, so no, I’m not going to upload all of it. But that’s not the only reason:
1. there is no point – nobody needs them. there are only specific cases where someone may have a demo that tf2 cant play anymore and ill happily help them with a version tailored to that demo
2. they are already online – everyone can download them. mind though that there’s a lot of hassle involved. the service i offer saves you from that hassle

I’m not going to put the amount of work into something that nobody is ever going to use. I’ve got better things to do.

I’m sure you already know how many versions there are. A while ago Valve celebrated the “119th tf2 update” :)

tl;dr you are underestimating the amount of effort that goes into doing something completely pointless

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2