Forum

Help me with heavy :)

Created 27th December 2008 @ 22:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Troels

WUL

my team has played quite a few pcws since we got a full roster…
but everytime we run into a team with a heavy we lose… so i just wanna hear what the best way to counter a heavy (specially on badlands middle)
we play scoutx2 sollyx2 demo and medic 1 ofc…

focus on heavy? :)

Evil

SHOOT HIM IN THE FACE

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Keb2IA3i3fM

Waebi

‹Con›

(medic’s pov) have both sollies with me, both reload and UNLOAD rockets into the fattie. They just cant stand focus fire, it’s quite easy to just spam them down. If the other medic then stays on the fatty, the other solly has not much health imo (assuming they play 2 scouts still).

From me you get “Focus fire”.

Troels

WUL

ok… ty just plain raw dmg :) i’ll keep that in mind :)

Crink

-9w-

I shoot him when waebi tells me to. :x

Waebi

‹Con›

cookie for crink.

xtala

I used to play hw myself, back in the day they were still used alot.
What I found the hardest to survives was a barrage of stickies, 3 or 4 and your dead, overhealed or not. If you combine that with some random spam from scouts/sollies you should get an hw down rather fast.

xzr

we’ve found it useful that everyone starts shouting in mumble when the heavy pops up “omg fatty everyone shoot him”, then everyone just concentrates their fire on the heavy (while enemy scouts take our medic etc down, but hey atleast we killed the heavy)

kaidus

WiK?

You need to take advantage of his speed. Make sure your soldiers can rocket jump to the mid-point in good time, and then you’ll have probably about a 10 second man-up advantage. Their medic will only have one soldier to defend him (assuming he doesn’t wait for heavy as I know some teams opt to do that o.O) so exploiting a blind spot and taking the medic down will be easier for your scouts.

Basically: Play aggressively, exploit the man advantage and go for the medic. Most importantly know how long it takes a heavy to get to the middle compared to a soldier, so you know how long you have before you have to fall back.

This is how I’d handle it, but I’m quite a nub anyway.

Extremer

Get the demo to spam the shit out of him.

Rele

Play Spy

dunc

infs
dp.

Ask the demoman nicely if he cba to own the heavy and the medic single-handedly :D

xzr

shush dunc, everyone doesn’t have snap :-(

Zipok

Run like hell!
.. And when the fatty thinks little men ran away, have a spy backstab him. Then come back and hurt his medic.
A good demoman is one of the best heavykillers out there, too.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »