Forum

JumpTF2

Created 11th November 2010 @ 14:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from tesco

does it matter that the numlock is on or off?

(never checked it)
It does, since when numlock’s turned on, keypad keys are interpreted as number keys instead of KP_ keys.

dellort

The binds seem kind of pointless to me as trick jumping is all about finding new jumps/ideas imo. Still it’s nice to see more people getting involved in the jump community.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from franco

The numpad keys 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9?

After executing the configs type ‘bind kp_end’ in console and it should tell you what command is bound to the key. Do you have anything in solder.cfg that will overwrite the binds after jump_whatever is loaded? Also for jump_badlands the only keys available are 1 – 8 because I didn’t have enough jumps.

Ah right, I had my spam binds to the kp keys
Silly me ^^

franco

Quoted from dellort

The binds seem kind of pointless to me as trick jumping is all about finding new jumps/ideas imo. Still it’s nice to see more people getting involved in the jump community.

I agree, but everyone has to start somewhere and as I said this is purely for practice. I could just about skip when I first watched your movie, I started working on this about 4 days ago.

dellort

Well it’s a nice idea and hopefully people will take advantage of it.

Calump

GTD

Quoted from franco

I also have not uploaded to youtube because people will probably watch the movie and ignore the configs. This may change if the demand for a youtube link is worth it.

If you really don’t want to put this on youtube, could you provide a lower quality version to download? Something that’s watchable on an average computer would be nice.

eXpo

Quoted from Calump

[…]If you really don’t want to put this on youtube, could you provide a lower quality version to download? Something that’s watchable on an average computer would be nice.

Watch it using DivX, I’ve got a less than average computer but it plays perfectly using the DivX player :)

Calump

GTD

Quoted from eXpo

[…]

Watch it using DivX, I’ve got a less than average computer but it plays perfectly using the DivX player :)

Thanks, that worked well. :)

As for the actual video/config-based tool, I didn’t really find it that useful (as someone who can mostly complete easy-medium difficulty jump maps). While the config is nice for practicing those specific jumps, I can’t see how anyone could improve their rocket jumping skills from this. The descriptions don’t really help you know how the jumps are done any more than just watching the video.

Cool idea though.

eXpo

How do you skip jump? Is it simply just aiming down and firing, or is it aiming down and rocket jumping (fire, jump, crouch) ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

dellort

Quoted from eXpo

How do you skip jump? Is it simply just aiming down and firing, or is it aiming down and rocket jumping (fire, jump, crouch) ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yeFtdLxbuc#t=2m6s

franco

Youtube is on it’s way for people too moody shoes to DL it. Just waiting for it to be processed.

franco

youtube up.

Last edited by franco,

insanity

Nice, really like it.

Jonny

next time you should probably include some info about how to do certain jumps. Someone was asking on steam forums too, tho, its not hard to use youtube.

Ice

enixe.

<3 steven bro

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2