Forum

wait command

Created 20th December 2008 @ 18:58

Add A Reply Pages: 1

F2

Danmark

In the time I’ve played TF2 I have seen many scripts using the “wait;” command (including ETF2L config). But as far as I know the wait command does nothing in the Source engine without a parameter.

I tested (using the ETF2L config’s wait10):

I went demo with grenade launcher and executed the following:
alias wait10 “wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait;wait”
+attack; wait10; -attack;
It had no effect.

Then I did the following:
+attack; wait 10; -attack;
It worked (ie. the grenade launcher shot one grenade).

I also tried:
+attack; wait 10; -attack; wait 1000; +attack; wait 10; -attack;
It also worked… It shot one grenade, waited about 7 seconds and then shot another grenade.

So is it just me, or doesn’t the wait command work without a parameter?

Waebi

‹Con›

not quite sure, but i always interpreted “wait X” as “wait X frames till the next command”. Is that right or BS? ;)

F2

Danmark

Dunno, but what I’m trying to say is “wait;” doesn’t do anything at all (which means that the wait10 command in the ETF2L config doesn’t do anything at all) :)

Waebi

‹Con›

oic what you did there :D

… but why is it in the cfg then?

AnAkkk

wait should work without a parameter.

Anyway the waits in the etf2l config are useless.

AnimaL

wait10 is alias

“wait;wait;wait” is the command used for wait10 alias….

Jonni

[FB]

the number you give the command wait tells it how many frames to wait. so it depends on your framerate how long wait X will take. I think :P

F2

Danmark

Okay Anakin, then prove it. I tried making a wait10000 .. didn’t do shit.

PS: I think many of you are missing the point. I’m claiming that “wait;” doesn’t work.

Ino

dp.
dp.

wait works, and wait10 in the config only works because there’s an alias called wait10 defined at the beginning of the cfg.

Redman350

[FB]

Well the question is if wait works, is it defaulted to 1 frame?

If it is, then f2’s test should work, but as he says, it doesnt.

*edit*
If f2 is right, then this would explain the failures of my early scripting days -.-

Inexistence

Üb

Well, try this.

alias health “impulse 101; health”
health

That’ll make an alias that refills health and ammo, the re-executes itself constantly. That SHOULD crash TF2, I haven’t tested it, but if I ever make things like that, it always seems to crash TF2.

However:

alias health “impulse 101; wait; health”
health

DOES work. So obviously wait does something.

F2

Danmark

Inexistence: You’re right. Your example is correct. Although, “wait;” definitely doesn’t equal “wait 1” .. but according to your example it must do something.

kaidus

WiK?

I don’t know if the same applies in tf2, but in another source game I used to play you couldn’t do “sv_Cheats 1; noclip; sv_cheats 0”, but “sv_cheats 1; wait; noclip; wait; sv_cheats 0” worked.

Renegade

Imperial

maybe its a break in the line of commands only, rather than an amount of time for a break in the line of commands.

strut

-=Crazy=-

Everyone use scripts then for shooting and stuff? There I was pressing buttons like a noob :P

Add A Reply Pages: 1