Forum

Some cool tricks with the new unlocks

Created 7th October 2010 @ 13:17

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Hello,
I don’t know if somebody already posted this but I found out some cool tricks with the new unlocks.

Lets take the GRU for example:

-A heavy with GRU will walk at 299 ms thats 19 faster than a demoman and 21 slower than a medic.
-It says it drains 6 health/second but thats not true it’s around 5.7 health/sec.
-The timer for the health drain ticks permanently:
Count the ticks and then 0.5 sec after the last tick occured you switch to your GRU, get some speed, jump and switch to your minigun or shotgun. Repead the process and
you will run at 299 ms without loosing any
health if done right

The Degreaser:

-The 65% faster weapon switch buff allows you to shoot your shotgun, switch to your Degreaser burn everything in front of you for a split second and switch back to your shotgun.
-This method allows you to fire your shotgun at max speed while burning everything
infront of you.

The Spy set Bonus:

-If you wear the full polycount spy set your deadringer decloak sound will be the same as the other watches sounds.
-It’s so quiet that you cant hear it even if the enemy spy decloaks right behind you (your footsteps are louder)
-The L’Etranger’s +amo on hit effect has an excellten synergy with the deadringer

Last edited by XHunter,

RaCio

GoT²

Im not sure the GRU trick works, last time I checked the damage ticks happened at a set game time and not a second after you switch weapons?

Degreaser trick sounds usefull. Will try that on a public asap.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Why’d ya delete randaa’s post :(.

Another cool trick: throw milk, win mid.

Foster

-9m-
Pixie <3

Quoted from Koeitje

Another cool trick: throw milk, win mid.

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from RaCio

Im not sure the GRU trick works, last time I checked the damage ticks happened at a set game time and not a second after you switch weapons?

Degreaser trick sounds usefull. Will try that on a public asap.

sry for my bad english :P.

Look at the count the ticks part. The key is that you count the ticks of the timer and then you start 0.5 sec after the last tick or something like that.
And it works i can run to granary mid without loosing more than 6 health.

EDIT:
My bad i forgot the count the ticks part LOL I added and highlighted it now.

Last edited by XHunter,

RaCio

GoT²

Thats pretty genius, will try :p

randa

Whatever happened to freedom of speech :(

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Another cool trick: spot kritzkrieg, go in spawn get battalion backup, win.

Dummy

Quoted from randa

Whatever happened to freedom of speech :(

ETF2L happened.

tesco

mrp.

– Fixed an exploit that allowed people to bypass the Gloves of Rushing Urgently’s damage taking penalty.

G-Mang

The GRU trick definitely works, I’ve been using a script for it for a few days now. ;)

EDIT: Figured I should elaborate a bit. You will lose health if you do it a bunch, but very very very very slowly (like once every 5ish jumps). A simplified version of the script I’m using:

alias +gru “-jump;slot3”
alias -gru “+jump;slot1”
bind “mouse4” “+gru”

Hit the button right before you’re about to land, let go right after you land.

Last edited by G-Mang,

ups

Patched I guess

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

You can use the gru’s damage tick to make you jump further

Trent

‹Con›

The Degreaser is an absolute beauty: There’s going to be a lot more burn + airblast + shotgun when (yes, when) this is allowed.

murje

sirkkels
[hePPa]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7PHnw9LnKA LOL! :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »