Forum

Your opinion: Hacker or no?

Created 7th December 2008 @ 09:38

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

stafu

Hello ETF2L forum’ers!

I’m from Australia and currently playing in a clan called Beastin’. I play main scout with a guy called angelessme, who has recently come under the spotlight being accused of cheating. I’m still unsure of whether these accusations are true/false, but I figured I might ask here for some more opinions outside of the Australian TF2 community.

The forum thread about it is here which includes some videos and links to demos.

I know this is completely irrelevant to ETF2L/European TF2 but I figured some of you might be able to lend some opinions as well.

Cheers :)

stafu.

AnAkkk

The video doesn’t really show enough proof imo. He shouldn’t have made everything in slow motion…
The demo might show some things, but don’t have time to look at it…

Rele

Agree with Anakin.

op

Yeah i just watched this also. Most of the demos he showed are recorded in STV which is very unaccurate at times. I dont think this is enough proof to lable him a hacker. Just my two cents

Bash

Clip 1 looked like a pretty standard doubleshot on a scout, though it’s really hard to tell because it’s slow motion (what’s the point?). Clip 4, clip 6 and clip 10 at least were pretty retarded and had nothing fishy about them. Clip 5 looks a lot like a lucky prefire. Clip 7 looks like he’s been the victim of that a couple of times and is playing against very predictable opponent. The one where he supposedly stares through the ceiling on well is a bit odd but it could either be the shadow bug or just really unlucky on his part.

edit: And like many have said, STV demos are really inaccurate.

kEvNx

.#mtf

hey stafu :)
i just watched this video also and imho this guy isn’t cheating! srsly..
and this guy who has created this boostvideo – next time pls no slomation :) in normal speed you can see that he isn’t cheating..

and the last scene I lol’d :P

Even the demo had shadows on well, but the one in granary where he keeps shooting through the wall as scout (granary pipe) is pretty ridiculus. And I dont know if that lamp (in cp 4 stairs) is a regular camping spot in australia, but i couldnt see shit, and im used to finding hidden scouts.

jlp

Kind of retarded to accuse someone (in a presumabley bigger team than you are) of hacking on a public forum anyway..

If you are going to do that though you have to have an absolute stack of like 1 week’s evidence of constistentley dodgey shit, if that is all they have..? i presume it is, there’s no way they can ban him even if he might be hacking, if you had demos from like 3 pcw’s over a week, consistentley dodgey shots, then maybe

And anyway, valve are usually quite good with this sort of stuff, they usually wipe (most) popular hacks out fairly quickly, so unless he’s using a really wierd one i’d rely on valve to ban him quicker than someone who spots it after propabley getting owned in a pickup. incidentley how long has he been “very good” for since he wasn’t great if you know what i mean, i really doubt a player could be using a relativley known/obvious hack for over 4/5 months without valve banning it.

Edit : some of the guys on that forum must really hate the guy, it’s been out for like 2 hours and they’re making evidence vids and recalling old memories and shit ;P – looking like at the video which Minurun ? uploaded wouldn’t he continue snapping on to the soldier if it was an aimbot? meh

Bash

“Even the demo had shadows on well, but the one in granary where he keeps shooting through the wall as scout (granary pipe) is pretty ridiculus.”

Uh, it’s pretty normal prefire/intimidation, my guess is the STV demo is skewing the aim to look like he’s shooting the wall instead of the doorway (or it’s just a case of sloppy aim when he isn’t meaning to achieve any real results anyway).

Ill admit it might be the stv fucking it up, and the first part where he is either missing or intimidating is alright. But then he retreats, and once again shoot at the same part of the wall, why would anyone shoot there that many times, especially when the opening is right there? Once again, it might be the stv. I know its not enough material to call him a hacker, but imo that clip makes no sense at all, and I can see why people doubt him.

infussle

The majority of it is guessing/pre-firing, and the last clip had me in tears…..
Although i didnt actually know that people took damage through the wall (gran cp1-cp2), there is a good chance of the enemy scout being there and its just a simple pre-fire :(

morf

[j]\\\'
[j]'

rofl at the editing, had to speed it up in vlc to keep me from falling asleep :>

ont: nah, these shots around corners and stuff are kinda normal at places you know the enemy are, and at the scout duel on granary, same thing. he knew he was there and took the chance of shooting.

same thing on well cp 2, i mean, how small chance is it that there is NO ONE going from the stairs to the “balcony”, just simple understanding of the game imo

skinnie

TCM

is this some joke or something ?

really if you are serious then your level of tf2 understanding is as POOR as can be

I am laughing my ass off with this video, it shows him being a complete noob missing his timings on shots and especially u or whoever made this video showing that he understands shit of this game

like the shooting ‘through’ the wall … he first saw the scout on the pipe , then his reaction and aim is so poor that he just hits the wall …
and like the PERFECT shot behind the corner … first if you cant hear the 4 people around the corner ure an idiot and the PERFECT shot is like a 3/4 miss.

the aimbot ‘wobble’ just shows his poor aim again etc , and lol the scout on the lamp .. if youre a scout going stairs u have to check top .. and it takes ages till he sees and aims at the scout on the lamp …
and dont even get me started about his “wallhack” rofl

haha shame on u :D

Jh

Hey dats!

im with skinnie here.

and imo only the very last shot on well through the door was dodgy.

Jonni

[FB]

slowmo made it harder for me to see if there was anything dodgy going on. most of dodgy’ness goes to STV being crooked. plz go cry somewhere else this is obviously not a hacker.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »