TC

Quoted from rtan

[…]

then I advise you to go outside and get a girlfriend

Done and done.

Anathema

Quoted from Stimpy

[…]

Did’t i just see u on a CSS DM aim training map?

+ some might want to learn to improve there aim.

I never said I don’t play DM, I enjoy DMing, but I don’t wish nor expect to improve by playing DM.

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Done and done.

now dont play tf2 all day and have a life

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Added a tiny tiny tiny bit more information and a bit of structure in the first section to allow it to be alot easier to read, I still have sections to add to the end but I’m struggling for time as I’m currently on holiday and slowly coming down with a nice bit of illness.

I’m probably just going to start ignoring the comments which either apear to be
1) A little retarded
2) People who haven’t read the full thing of what I’ve wrote so far
3) The people who are completely missing the point
4) People who don’t understand the idea of self improvement for people who take games more competetivly than them selves.

Jim.

Last edited by Jims,

Anathema

It’s not about not being competitive, I am very competitive.
I play to win and strive to play at the highest level I can.
You’re talking about “if DM is boring for you, try to do it for a short amount of time” etc. That’s just incredibly bad. If you don’t enjoy it you won’t learn anything from doing it.
Competitivity is nice, but forcing yourself to do things you don’t like to do is just ridiculous.

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Quoted from Anathema

It’s not about not being competitive, I am very competitive.
I play to win and strive to play at the highest level I can.
You’re talking about “if DM is boring for you, try to do it for a short amount of time” etc. That’s just incredibly bad. If you don’t enjoy it you won’t learn anything from doing it.
Competitivity is nice, but forcing yourself to do things you don’t like to do is just ridiculous.

I also said if you find it boring you’re not going to get anywhere with it, kind of hinting that if you can’t do the shorter sessions without feeling like you dont want to do it it then don’t bother unless you realy need the improvement to allow you to play at the best yo can, and its simple, practice such as this = improvement, whether people like it or not, obvioiusly its not AS important in a game like this, but if you go to an event on a game such as QL or CSS without crunching 3 weeks of personal and team practice, as well as reviewing how your opponents play, you’re quite simply at a disadvantage if you’re trying to play at even a relativly high level where you should be looking for EVERY advantage you can get

Last edited by Jims,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

If you feel that practicing, dming, watching demos and shiz is too much of an exhausting job for you to actually try, practice and improve, then yeah… you are missing the point again. Go outside or be a scrub, tertium non datur.
Didn’t say that to any specific person, just to these who know who I am talking about.

Last edited by freshmeatt,

Toshac

TL;DR Play DM

minimoose

Quoted from Anathema

If you don’t enjoy it you won’t learn anything from doing it.

That is just wrong :p A lot of people don’t enjoy lessons in school/college, doesn’t mean they don’t learn anything from them.

Personally, I enjoy playing DM with some music on and a nice cup of tea because it’s relaxing, I feel like it has improved my aim, but that was just a side product.

If people are really desperate to improve their aim, and don’t want to do deathmatch then they can ignore this thread and do it some other way, not a big deal :)

Natz

Don’t make public accusations please. Contact an admin if you feel the need.

Fanva

here’s a tf2 mm map http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/104304
its great

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Quoted from Fanva

here’s a tf2 mm map http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/104304
its great

Added to the bottom of the post untill I write that section.
Cheers.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from minimoose

[…]
That is just wrong :p A lot of people don’t enjoy lessons in school/college, doesn’t mean they don’t learn anything from them.

Create no waste.
http://www.myeg.net/article/article_detail.php?article_id=281

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Quoted from freshmeatt

[…]
Create no waste.
http://www.myeg.net/article/article_detail.php?article_id=281

Seems to say alot of the stuff I’ve said aswell (which I’ve obviously read from other places aswell) and yet people still deny to believe the problems or what works sometimes, fml.

(Its obviously wrote alot better than mine though currently)

edit: Might be some interesting stuff for me to add here aswell just to make it a bit more in depth :)

edit2: espicialy the visualising stuff, I’ve found thats helped me alot if I think about stuff like that before sleeping, it also gives you something to think about while trying to sleep if you struggle :)

Last edited by Jims,

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from Jims

[…]

Seems to say alot of the stuff I’ve said aswell (which I’ve obviously read from other places aswell) and yet people still deny to believe the problems or what works sometimes, fml.

They always will. Human nature.
Keep up the good work with the guide, looks promising.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »