Forum

[Suggestion] Adjustment to the 'no fake nicks' rule

Created 19th December 2013 @ 23:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

AnimaL

Quoted from FUN POLICE RUINS TF2

If you aren’t getting streamed then who honestly cares? Fun police have to ruin everything.

it boggles my mind how having to change ur nick once a week just for 1 hour official is causing you to not have fun

Last edited by AnimaL,

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Fuxx

Don’t fix what isn’t broken. The adjustment requested would prove to become an annoyance to many and it’d also be particularly petty to give teams a minor warning because one of their guys forgot to change his name back.

really wouldnt be that much of an issue. it’s not like minor warnings mean anything, and im sure admins wouldnt kick entire teams right after the rule takes effect just cause theyre not up to date.

knowing who you play against right then and there in officials makes the situation just a little bit more simple.

Jesse James

I think, not changing your name is not a big deal, or at least it shouldn’t be a big deal at all. I like the suggestion !

I still can remember, that our soldier changes his name to Sentrygun ( Drotalion ) and that caused the scout running in front of my lvl 3 several times :D

But if people feels unrested, my suggestion is, games which will be streamed, players must use their real nicknames.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

I see no reason to restrict teams under premiership for nicknames.
We set higher standards for prem since they’re the front end of the league. Adding other divisions to this rule for the off chance they will get casted can do more harm than good if you’re looking at the amount of warnings teams are picking up.

We expect teams to upload a status screenshot, this enables the opponents to check who is who and if there’s a merc he will be listed as red on the status parse. (if you’re asking for this rule for verification purposes)

That said, we still hold every player to the general rules:

2.5 Abusive chat, nicknames and avatars are not welcome

Try not to use the chat function during a match unless it is in a positive manner. Any offensive chat as well as spamming binds may lead to a warning for your team. Chat abuse and racist or offensive names/steam avatars will not be tolerated and may be punished with warnings or bans.

Last edited by kKaltUu,

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

I can’t see any reason why it would be a bad idea, if I’m watching a stream, cast or playing a match it’s always fun to see hows playing in the other team.

ash

(Legend)
:D

I like how kkaltuu and emb are on different pages. “We are planning” and “I see no reason to restrict”.

Last edited by ash,

caeli

#T4F

I do love to fakenick.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from ash

I like how kkaltuu and emb are on different pages. “We are planning” and “I see no reason to restrict”.

emb making up rules on the spot without conference will do that I guess

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

emb making up rules on the spot without conference will do that I guess

mad pars all day and night

kzr_

gR.

No, I like to make mindgames with it, like using my sub’s nickname or a friends nickname people shit on before and is proving his value in a division proper to his skill set.

It’s also funny to change around a bittle

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from ash

emb is talking about removing the option to change your nickname, I am talking about the ruleset Wiet was talking about.

Wiethoofd

(Newswriter)
LvG

Quoted from kKaltUu

We set higher standards for prem since they’re the front end of the league.

I’ve seen more div 1 matches being casted in the last few weeks than prem matches… Having 3 out of 18 players with a fake nick sucks for the viewers trying to read huds, killfeeds and keep track of who is who if they don’t know the entire team roster.

Also, playing in any Nations/One Night/Fun Cup the current rule doesn’t ‘apply’ to users with fake nicks, since most of them consist of mix teams. If those are getting casted the casters/viewers don’t necessary know who’s who.

Adding other divisions to this rule for the off chance they will get casted can do more harm than good if you’re looking at the amount of warnings teams are picking up.

Then announce the rule change in a big way and start enforcing it when the next season starts?

Perhaps make an example out of prem, div 1 and div 2 teams fake nicking IN OFFICIALS and every player will know that ETF2L officials have to be played with the ETF2L username you supplied.

It’s even possible to create a server plugin to check the ETF2L xml api based on the players’ steamid and force a nickname/tag (like ESEA does), but that might be taking it a step too far :P

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from ash

I said we have decided to remove the ability to change your nickname for all users of the site. I neither said nor implied that we have decided to penalize teams outside of Premiership for not using the same nickname in-game as on the site.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Whyyy would you do that? I don’t think I can choose between my two names.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2