Forum

FOV Restricted

Created 12th January 2012 @ 01:52

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Oxy

TC.Express

Most recent patchnote included:

– Limit the effective FOV of players using wide-screen resolutions with aspect ratios wider than 1.85:1. The sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov ConVar can be changed to remove the restriction or make the restriction also apply to full-screen players.

:))))

They also fixed the timer problem with foundry.

Last edited by Oxy,

atmo

noooooooooooooooooooooooo

wrock

vier

nice :D

Septique

haha

ondkaja

IKEA

Finally

vani

Bully

fov75 4lyfe

:(

KLar

okie

fuck valve, game feels so slow now

atomic-

fucking valve, hate ’em

AnAkkk

Great, they haven’t even fixed the FOV wallhack, you can still use Eyefinity + fullscreen and you’ll see through walls.

EDIT: With the default sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov 1, I mean.

Last edited by AnAkkk,

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from AnAkkk

Great, they haven’t even fixed the FOV wallhack, you can still use Eyefinity + fullscreen and you’ll see through walls.

brb buying eyefinity b4 ETF2L season starts

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from AnAkkk

At least you can no longer tab in and out of it.

And hey, they actually listened for once. Keep pestering them about other stuff!

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from AnAkkk

Well I guess the etf2l config is going to use sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov 2, so it shouldn’t be a problem on match servers right?

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from Sideshow

[…]

Well I guess the etf2l config is going to use sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov 2, so it shouldn’t be a problem on match servers right?

From what I’ve heard so far from admin discussions it looks like it will be 0.

sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov restricts players using non-standard resolutions to increase their fov (e.g. “-w 1280 -h 800” in launch options) and that sort of thing*. Yes you can see through walls if you ridiculise it but try actually playing at 1920×200. The FOV plugin itself has been negated elsewhere so should no longer work.

*correct me if I’m wrong.

Last edited by Crasp,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Use 2 and play the game the way Robin Walker intended!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »