Forum

Transparent Viewmodels/FOV Changer (Client Plugin)

Created 31st December 2011 @ 00:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 27 Next »

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from antyjc

ETF2L doesn’t ban for having a VAC banned account anymore, so how would they justify banning someone if they had a seperate account that was VAC banned but no VAC ban on their account used for ETF2L matches?

Well by my understanding a VAC ban is effectively an ETF2L ban since you can’t really play on secure servers can you, so hence the comparison with boomeh.

The point I was trying to make, is that if one’s account were to be VAC banned then obviously (s)he would no longer be able to use said account for officials, but would have to make a new account to replace the banned one. Now if Valve do decide to retroactively punish/ban people for the use of these plugins, then a LOT of people will be needing new accounts, hence the hilarity.

Of course, what you said is also valid: if you only use the plugin on a different account and get VAC’d, then it’s no problem and ETF2L won’t ban your main account for that, sure – but be honest, how many people made a new account just so they can use this neat little plugin, huh?

This little tid bit is from 2009 so don’t know if it still stands:

Because we cannot prove that someone has cheated in TF2, there will be no player suspensions for VAC banned accounts. However, if your account is VAC banned and you wish to participate in our competitions, you will be subject to the following obligations:

You must notify an admin about your new account
Your player profile will be tagged with a VAC ban status flag
You will be suspended from ETF2L if you fail to provide a POV demo on request

tense

let’s see how it goes about the vac o.o

I’m curious to know how the plugin was found

oh oh ooo my internet drama senses are tingling.

Waebi

‹Con›

I’d laugh so hard if people actually got banned. I’d probably die from it.

AnAkkk

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]funny, cuz they dont answer emails

Yes, and there have been a few forum threads about it with a lot of posts.

Quoted from MrNoise

How to make a mass Vac ban in a community ?
Make a “pro plug-in”
Be serious, if you bypass cvar in a serv with an dll or others , you can be vac ban , that’s all …

Nothing to do with bypassing cvars. It’s just Valve deciding whether they want to VAC ban people that use it or not.

EDIT:

Quoted from lgl

makes my game crash after a time

If you still want to use it, redownload, I fixed the crash.

droso

o/

If they actually have logs, I guess there is no point in stopping to use it now anyway, right?

Flaoua

dSp\'

Quoted from droso

If they actually have logs, I guess there is no point in stopping to use it now anyway, right?

Not making our case look worse ?

:D

lgl

tnx for fixing the crash gj ANAKIN

AnAkkk

Quoted from lgl

tnx for fixing the crash gj ANAKIN

It was crashing in the transparent viewmodels code, though I guess it is related to a specific weapon that you have. Any idea what this weapon may be? Transparency may not work on it due to the crash fix.

Quoted from droso

Yup. Enjoy it while it lasts.

AnAkkk

Create new accounts, the game is free.

Septique

Quoted from AnAkkk

Lovely advice.

dr.Justice

≧◡≦

AnAkIn killed TF2

wampee

Quoted from AnAkkk

lol

gibix

iH

this reminds me of a css “client side plugin” a few years ago that made you bunnyhop by holding the spacebar, mass vac ban after 2 weeks of players using it, was to funny to see

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 27 Next »