Forum

From the creator of tf2 instagib comes - Freezetag TF2

Created 16th March 2009 @ 00:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

humbug

.:ne:.

yup, for those that like the quake and ut3 version of the freeze team game… it’s currently in beta testing.

for those that dont know what freeze tag is, you have to freeze ALL your enemy to win the round and in the tf2 version you can also cap the point to win (we are using arena to test it).

sounds easy dont it.. well, in a standard arena server when u die u goto spec.. in this when u die u get frozen and with team mates help, by standing next to you and defrosting you , you can rejoin the battle. The more people that stand next to you the faster you defrost. So it could be that your team is losing badly but u have a player alive that manages to defrost a few people that can then turn the tide of the game.

Admittedly it’s not for everyone..in fact perhaps only a few might like it. We have had mixed feedback from the people that have tried it so far and it’s been about 60% – 40% that like it.

The server it’s on is 81.19.221.203:22400 .

Will post again when we have unlocked it..

cheers

have fun

Humbug

EDIT : Server now open for beta testing and feedback

Jonni

[FB]

sounds sexy. i’m waiting to try it.

edit: Give promo footage nao!

Qun

GoT<3

FreezyTag in MOH:AA was and is really epic.
You have to freeze your enemy, but your own team can unfreeze somebody with some kind of super hip lazerr…

Morty

RG

I AGREE WITH VIQUN, I LOVE freeze-the-tag . mohaa one roxed out.

Qun

GoT<3

I’m gonna search up my MOH:AA CD and install it again :D

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I used to LOVE freezetag in Q3! :) Won clanbase open cup in it a few years ago….legendary, if you could get it working that would be awesome.

humbug

It’s open

3 known bugs atm..

ginisa

awesome

humbug

nice to see so many people playing on the server.

there are a few issues / bugs with the mod atm that need sorting out but overall the test went very well thanks to the people that joined. Had some great feedback on the server but it would be nice to see it here as well. That way things aren’t forgotten :)

Thanks all for your time in playin and testing.. hope it was fun..

The server still remains and will remain open all be it the mod being reloaded as and when an update needs to be tested.

Cheers

Humbug

Grem

rEJ
TG

Had a nice mess around on it with a mate and it’s good fun. The only ‘bug’ that I could see was that if you die with the sniper rifle scoped in, you remain like that until you change weapon. The melee animation when frozen is a bit weird. Other than that, couldn’t really find any fault in it, other than the oblivious ones joining, killing me and on seeing that I’m frozen and invincible, accuse me of cheating.
Keep it up!

xtala

Was lots of fun when we played it yesterday.

One remark: is it possible to make teamswitching impossible?
A lot of people just switched to spec and back when they got frozen.

humbug

* we’ll look at the sniper rifle and try and figure something out on the melee thing.

* i’m sure we can work something out in regard to team switching.

edit : in regard to people coming on and accusing people of cheating.. it did happen a few times while i was on the server and no matter how i tried to explain the mod they didnt’t seem to understand .. “admin hackers” etc etc.. Just goes to show that people a) don’t read and understand the server title and b) don’t read the MOTD at all.

Team work is plays a huge part in this, which again, because people didn’t read the MOTD or understand what was going on, didn’t happen on a few occasions. I can’t express enough just how much you really need to work as a team. A few didn’t understand that taking people on in a lot of situations is not the best thing to do to win the game and defrosting your team mates although tricky, if successful is probably better.

a few classes that worked how we inteded and made them really useful were the scout and the pyro because of their ability to defrost twice as quick as other classes and also the spy with the one hit freeze stab.

Glad to see you enjoyed it ^^

Humbug

EDIT: (sorry another edit) – a few other things.. u cannot defrost behind a wall even though u are standing in the circle.. also to help you find your frozen team mates you can bind a key to “sm_showfrozen”, this will show way lines to those that are frozen in your team.

reCon

I love it in Quake3… I hope we can play it soon in TF2 :)=

nifty!

-HH²-
Gm|

nice…i love it @ q3…so get ur asses on the server…i wanna try!!

Rele

Awesome fun I must say. Now that is a reason to play arena maps again :D

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »