Forum

i46: The American Project

Created 18th June 2012 @ 22:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 21 Next »

Sketch

MM

Will donate if I get a free pint on the Americans.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Will buy Sketch a pint if someone buys me one

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Monkeh

Will buy Sketch a pint if someone buys me one

Will buy you a pint and get a free one from M2R

atmo

things that should be in the FAQ

What happens if you don’t get enough for one team ($10k)

What happens if you don’t get enough for two teams ($20k)

What happens if you get more than enough (>$20k)

These professional gamers have sponsors, why should we pay for them?

What do I get for donating?

Why are flights so expensive? I saw them for tuppence and a wink on zombocom!

I’m poor and Scottish, what can I do besides give you money?

This is too short notice! Why don’t you wait until i49?

shdwpuppet

I updated the main page with a FAQ that I will add to as needed, but atmo kinda hit on all the things I think are important. I will no longer be answering those questions directly on the forums because the discussion is just going in circles.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

still dodging my question

Quoted from BoneS

your mums so fat she cant even dodge questions

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Chaplain

[…]

your mums so fat she cant even dodge questions

shut up you unfunny prick

shdwpuppet

Quoted from BoneS

Apologies mate, I have been super busy with LAN preparations. We have commitments from every player that is potentially going, but if an emergency does come up, we will send a similarly skilled replacement in their stead if possible.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

Quoted from shdwpuppet

[…]

Apologies mate, I have been super busy with LAN preparations. We have commitments from every player that is potentially going, but if an emergency does come up, we will send a similarly skilled replacement in their stead if possible.

cheers mate, nice1 thats all good

Hallow

P.O.P

So what happens if Flow no longer has interest in going to i46? Or if they finish 4th next week aswell? I mean, apparently they were able to put in a lot of money themselves, while, as an example, LG can’t. So if LG wins the tournament, and only $2000 is raised, where does the rest of funding come from?

Oafmeal

i46 cash qualifier is live http://teamfortress.tv/index.php?i=extvesports

More info/rules
http://www.extelevision.com/extvs-i46-qualifying-tournament-ruleset/

Last edited by Oafmeal,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Sad to say the whole qualifier was a total flop.

I never caught it live but I got the VOD and I hear it was at least 45 minutes late to start with, that they couldn’t find a working server, that the server didn’t have proper whitelists and classlimits installed and that on the first map they changed the server before waiting for the STV although it wasn’t in such a bad spot to change.
Then there was the fact Br0 couldn’t field a full line-up and after being 5-0’d by Mix^ they decided to fuck around, one point running double heavy and wasting a lot of people’s time. There was the weird format chosen by eXtv which turned into a waste of time and meant to win the whole event Mix^ needed to win one map – they only ended up playing 2 maps (Snakewater and Gullywash) all night and we only saw 2 good games worthy of spectating the whole evening so the format left a lot to be desired.

I won’t point too much blame at the player’s attitudes, especially from Br0 though their decision to lose interest and fuck around in an event which was supposed to persaude viewers to part with their money to help fundraise for an invite team to send to Europe – was a totally ill-advised and harmful decision to the event. Also the decision from Mix^ not to be sports and let B4nny get back into position after the drop wasn’t the best in terms of showing viewers good competition, you could tell the feeling from the stream chat was people really preferred LG, especially after that but I can’t really say it was too big a deal and I feel LG would have done the same thing in that situation, it would have just been nice to see some sportsmanship conduct.

The biggest blame sadly has to go with eXtv for the decision to run a format that with just 3 teams meant we would not see the two most played maps in 6v6 in Granary + Badlands. I don’t know the background details behind why they didn’t elect to play on a day the full team of Br0 could make it, if they could have found a way I am sure eXtv would have delayed it a bit but if that wasn’t the case it is another part of the spectacle ruined. Without disrespecting Greaver, Sigma and Yuki who did a good job considering, not having their best casting team available covering the event was also damaging to the success, Sigma did a good job but not having cbear, djc, Greg, eXtine or even Sal who was streaming on the mic was harmful to the overall quality of the coverage. Won’t even begin to go on about the whitelist and server problems, that is just poor preparation.

They did raise around 2K or so on the night, which is good but I felt they could have done a hell of a lot better if they had put on a good show, instead they bring out a lacklastre night of coverage. From an organiser’s point of view that is fairly disappointing.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Plus there was no advertising at all, I only knew about it because of that one link in this thread, and everyone who saw that or heard about it from others had almost definitely already donated anyway. If the idea of the thing was to raise money by putting on a show for new spectators, it was an absolute shambles.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

If they raised 2000 with a non advertised event, then Im impressed. Imagine the money you could raise with a proper, well advertised event :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 21 Next »