Forum

PC upgrade

Created 8th January 2009 @ 12:22

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

veehell

-cavalier-

Pretty nice comparation GPU / CPU, it is old article but some ideas are still actuall.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-gpu-upgrade,1928.html

also i agree about onboard devices (sound/network)

N/A

RaWr ::

Sorry you can’t spend money on luxuries when England are in economic crises

Licargon

OC your E6600 to 3GHZ, easily doable normally (unless you got a completely bricked version, as most of them easily manage 3GHZ on standard cooling), and you’ll get a huge FPS increase with it, no need to upgrade methinks :)

veehell

-cavalier-

IMHO,

OC the CPU brings more benefit with CPUs in 2.1G – 2.8@ above the benefit of OC cpu is not so significant. The more important is how fast your CPU push data via memory to NB/SB and to PCIx buses aka to your graphic card and how fast the card process those.
“cache” size/speed matters too… so it is not only about raw numbers, more like complete set of HW have to work together….

Check the tom’s hardware, the link i post above, there is quite huge analysis including overclocking such a cpus, it might be usefull to decide if it is better to get new cpu or gpu (or complete pc:)

As well the aproach of the test is two way (from cpu and gpu point of views…) so there werre about 36 testing sets (exlcuding OC variations) ….

cheers

mineral

[kpwr]

Why would you actually want to raise your fps when it’s “as low as 70” ? You won’t tell the difference anyway.

Fiend

wMiC?

Im running my E6600 @ 3.4ghz on standard cooling have been for about two years just getting it setup right :O

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2