Forum

Soldier Weps, Overpowered or not?

Created 18th December 2009 @ 05:13

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 59 Next »

Norris

anyone tried the new gunboats? where are the grenades?

Ottoo

How do u get the boots?

reggin

FoF

Even including yourself!! I personally find the demoman unlocks really dissapointing, especially the new sticky launcher. You can’t sticky jump and you litterally have you aim at one sticky to blow it. Need buff asap

You can stickyjump with them but you gotta jump backwards and look at the sticky when you fire it. its a pain in the ass but possible

Last edited by reggin,

Jh

Hey dats!

Got the banner. I think that when you’ve had a killstreak you can blow the horn and all sollys near by will get minicrits. Not sure but thats how it seemed in a pub.

It affects everyone near you afaik, not just soldiers.

Even including yourself!! I personally find the demoman unlocks really dissapointing, especially the new sticky launcher. You can’t sticky jump and you litterally have you aim at one sticky to blow it. Need buff asap

HAVING TO AIM AS DEMO? NOT IN MY GAME!!!

n00ne

anyone tried the new gunboats? where are the grenades?

The pickaxe’s taunt is when he takes a grenade and suicides killing anyone thats close to him. That’s the grenade you’re thinking of.

Gunboats = 75% RJ damage reduction but it goes into your shotty slot.

or so I hear

btw, anyone else crashing like a motherfucker?

Last edited by Fluffy Meowington,

Evil

Gotta love the retarded argument from Sekhel: “Who cares if this is OP cos demo used to have OP weapons too”

fine insight

Got to love the demomen, complaining now because they won’t be on easy mode anymore.

byte

Lets be frank here Evil, from a scouts point of view, they are royally screwed. 1 rocket and they are dead, i.e. its like it was for the demoman with 1 grenade. However now you die regardless if a scout has 125hp as its like a fixed damage of 120+hp isn’t it?

I do admit as a demoman it was an added bonus to have 1 gren kill a scout however i think that is too overpowered. Hence community whined for dl 1 and also grens damage to be lowered.

In all fairness it should be 1 direct rocket + 1 shotgun for a 125hp’ed scout.

Whats that i hear you say “i can already do that with the normal rocket launcher”, yes but the difference is this rocket does more damage so even a hint of 1 ball coming out of that shotgun bullet and hitting a scout is royally screwed : >

On another note, the new sticky gun is a great defence weapon however, its literally what it says on the tin, it’s a defence weapon, it’d be very hard to go aggro with this or even get to middle on most maps on time as the enemy demo. Needs a very clever mind as to when to use it.

As someone said in this thread don’t ban anything just yet wait and see how it plays in pcw’s and pickups or w/e.

If the rocket launcher doesn’t get nerfed or is used i expect to see more scouts to use the FaN more and boink and probably ask for sandman to be back : >.

Cheers

Byte

lassizci

on a horse

Yeah, lets ban a weapon that actually requires skill… And yet keep that retarded and bugged scout weapon… That would be FAN, right?

TDH is only effective in capable hands…

Errr, did you notice the 80% speed buff? Looks like you didn’t. It might sound a little bit suprising for you, but the faster the rocket speed is the less prediction is needed to hit. The rocket is so fast that it is almost impossible to dodge from short to mid range. With ordinary rocket the “skill” comes from movement prediction also. Of course you still need to be able to aim. With TDH you just aim and the rocket hits most of the time.

And what comes to airshoots (some people seem to think that skill is measured by airgibs and nothing else matters), it’s harder with ordinary slow rockets and there’s no special reward for hitting. But if you hit with easy mode on, you also get a reward. Not that I wouldn’t want to get paid also every time I steal a cookie from a child.

caned

MEAT
LEGO

imo the only new weapon that shouldn’t be allowed is the flag cuz otherwise every single rush will consist of 1 solly using the flag and everyone else spamming crits from around him

Traxantic

TLR

I realised the falloff damage of this thing is huge. Although combining it with bugle (No fall off damage reduction), it’s kickass.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

imo the only new weapon that shouldn’t be allowed is the flag cuz otherwise every single rush will consist of 1 solly using the flag and everyone else spamming crits from around him

Yeah, and they are all together. Very vulnerable to sticky spam/traps and rockets. So it can be countered quite easily. Just like kritz, but not as bad. No reason to ban it.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Gotta love the retarded argument from Sekhel: “Who cares if this is OP cos demo used to have OP weapons too”

fine insight

Got to love the demomen, complaining now because they won’t be on easy mode anymore.

:D

toasty.

PHX

Just give it a few weeks and then decide, it’s a good time to introduce it. I think it will be great for the game (not just soldier’s e-peen) if it succeeds.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

It does like massive damage vs airtargets. Don’t even jump again as whatever class cause you are dead.

But the targe is epic lolz. Direct pipe hit does 35 dmg. You actually get totally destroyed by a demo using the sword + targe :D.

I am all for demo limit 2, but sticky limit 1.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 59 Next »