Forum

Attitudes/Whatever....

Created 24th November 2009 @ 22:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Well, personally, I don’t like fastlane or well, and reckon it’d be more fun with both removed. I’d love for obscure, follower and yukon to be added at least, but there are other good candidates, both for replacing the listed ones and being added on their own. However, I don’t think one should add more than 2, or MAX 3 maps to one season.

Disagree. Replacing bad with maps with worse maps. Only obscure is a minor improvement of fastlane (still as linear, lack of heightdiffences and lack of flanks).

Yes, it’s great when people say ‘disagree, those maps are worse’ without providing any sort of reasoning. It certainly shows that all of them can universally be dismissed as worse, and is not just a matter of opinion.

Oh wait.

piece

god fastlane and well, both slow motion maps. Utterly boring.
Gully, Yukon etc. provide far more better gameplay.

Saying something different is equal to lying!

Bringing back a suggestion:

Try out KotH?

Extremer

Bringing back a suggestion:

Try out KotH?

Let’s let the yanks test it out first.

vlad_drac

xoxo

We always do that and then ignore what they’ve discovered from their testing :P

Skyride

DUCS

We always do that and then ignore what they’ve discovered from their testing :P

Yes, because airstrafing is totally overrated. Also the kritzkreig is clearly superior to the ubercharge in every way. :3

Waster

Yes, it’s great when people say ‘disagree, those maps are worse’ without providing any sort of reasoning. It certainly shows that all of them can universally be dismissed as worse, and is not just a matter of opinion.

Oh wait.

You want some?

Yukon is a map with no flanks. The flank between second and middle point is so narrow thats almost impossible to dodge a nade, let alone rocket splash damage. The other ways between two and middle are as fast, as wide and come in the same hightlevel, so not giving any new opportunities. And why hate fastlane and love yukon? Both are defensive maps dominated by a good sniper. Like fastlane, yukon isnt supporting good teamplay at all.

I already said that obscure is a minor improvent over fastlane, because the connection between the first and second point is a bit better. But for the rest its like fastlane. It only exist out squared battleareas, with no heightdifferences, with a capture point in it, and two or three exits (connected with some little buildings) to the next battlearea. Really no creativity involved. So weaknesses are no flanks, no heightdifferences and very linear.

And now the worst map – follower – which is a copy of granlands. Vilepickle did a good job in creating castle maps, which are very wide, so there is even enough room for some interesting battle on a public server. But with this map he completely missed the point. Copying the bad things of both maps. Fun things on granary is the middle with the crates, however the chokepoint between cp two and middle is horrible. Badlands most interesting point however is the spire. Instead of making a map with a spire and some crates in the middle, he made a boring middle with trains, a heavy chokepoint and spoiled the second point. What makes the second point on granary crucial is the garage. On granary it gives the attackers opportunities to flank both from top and bottom. And due to the design of granary, when the medic and other classes wants to defend from top, they have to make some consessions, while on follower there are even two simple stairs to go to top.

I dont think a lot of people have a clue whats a fun map if they even dare to mention dustbowl and goldrush. The gates in dustbowl are so narrow that its impossible for a spy or scout to pass an enemy. Goldrush is even worse where on stage two and three are only one or two exits to attack the enemy. The first stage on goldrush is interesting to play. However the most interesting payload in the mappool is removed. Badwater is open, has a lot of flanks, opportunities to attack, height differences and it is not linear at all. Suitable for a lot of classes. Worst decision ever to remove such maps from the mappool, but maps as fastlane are still there.

Last edited by Waster,

I dont think a lot of people have a clue whats a fun map if they even dare to mention dustbowl and goldrush. The gates in dustbowl are so narrow that its impossible for a spy or scout to pass an enemy. Goldrush is even worse where on stage two and three are only one or two exits to attack the enemy. The first stage on goldrush is interesting to play. However the most interesting payload in the mappool is removed. Badwater is open, has a lot of flanks, opportunities to attack, height differences and it is not linear at all. Suitable for a lot of classes. Worst decision ever to remove such maps from the mappool, but maps as fastlane are still there.

I agree on this last bit. I’d like to see Badwater back and Fastlane removed.

tragett

yukon has to many flanks…

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

yukon has to many flanks…

It hasn’t. Especially the 2nd point.

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Just FYI guys, I have a fixed maps proposal (for D1 and D2), in which Fastlane and Well do not feature, up in the admin forums and it’s been up for about a week now.

And we will talk about all the divs as well, obviously.

So these kinds of things are being discussed. :)

Last edited by JimmyBreeze,

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

Wildmire, anyone? (As soon as it hits final or so?)

It has fast gameplay, level differences, etc. Just need some testing (FROM ALL OF YOU GODDAMN) to get major “bugs/errors” off. (And thanks for atleast finnish pickups for that)

Last edited by tarmo-,

Cloud

.wldcrd!

Wildmire, anyone? (As soon as it hits final or so?)

It has fast gameplay, level differences, etc. Just need some testing (FROM ALL OF YOU GODDAMN) to get major “bugs/errors” off. (And thanks for atleast finnish pickups for that)

Wildmire is brilliant, height differences are good, flanking is easy enough when it needs to be

fJack

k^m

Just FYI guys, I have a fixed maps proposal (for D1 and D2), in which Fastlane and Well do not feature, up in the admin forums and it’s been up for about a week now.

And we will talk about all the divs as well, obviously.

So these kinds of things are being discussed. :)

Godlike.

Fixed maps for everyone would be lovely :) Especially to go along with the implementation of some new maps to the map pool.. obscure, yukon, waste, wildmire, indulge, sawblades, reelfoot, follower whatever the admins decide to be honest.

Sadly I think it’s gonna take people being errrm.. induced, to play new maps for the community as a whole (all the way down the pyramid) to try them out and be in a position to make a meaningful decision about how well they play. Hopefully if everyone has an upcoming fixture on a new map in the coming week then it should be much easier at that point to get a pcw to practice on it with everyone needing to try it out.

Last edited by Spaceboy McGhee,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 Next »