Forum

Attitudes/Whatever....

Created 24th November 2009 @ 22:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

With fixed maps you mean 1 map combo every week? Like all week 1 games badlands + turbine, all week 2 games gravelpit and well etcetera?

iQue

keso

Anyway, What I’m interested in is how lower divisions(3-6) see the idea of fixed maps. I would like to know if teams prefer the fun aspect of map picks or the variety of core maps and synchronized PCW maps that a fixed map system brings.

Fixed maps definitely. Fixed maps would ultimately lead to a more varied map selection, easier for custom maps to break through and become popular. Feels like my team has played 60% granary this season. :/

RaCio

GoT²

With fixed maps you mean 1 map combo every week? Like all week 1 games badlands + turbine, all week 2 games gravelpit and well etcetera?

Yes, thats the idea

In addition this would also mean that a lot of pcw’s would be played on those maps instead of on the usual badlands/granary.

Last edited by RaCio,

dauk

that means we’re doomed to play gravel pit atleast once :C

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Yes, thats the idea

In addition this would also mean that a lot of pcw’s would be played on those maps instead of on the usual badlands/granary.

Still wouldn’t provide perfect balance. A map like gravelpit is easy to lose due to 1 sloppy move, or at least tied. On more fast paced 5 cp maps like badlands it is easier to correct the loss of 1 round. As a result of this it would be more favorable to play a better team in a week where gravelpit is played as opposed to badlands.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Yes, thats the idea

Still wouldn’t provide perfect balance. A map like gravelpit is easy to lose due to 1 sloppy move, or at least tied. On more fast paced 5 cp maps like badlands it is easier to correct the loss of 1 round. As a result of this it would be more favorable to play a better team in a week where gravelpit is played as opposed to badlands.

Can never have it all.

kaidus

WiK?

Yes, thats the idea

That’s a sign of a shitty competitive map, not a shitty competitive system.

Sekhel

Goldrush actually isn’t that bad in competitive

true, and dustbowl is great as well.

Exactly… But you forgot to add the best map ever (Junction) and Steel…

ye you cant just +w +m1 in dustbowl so it must be horrid for you

Rofl… Sarcasm, ever heard off?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Yes, thats the idea

That’s a sign of a shitty competitive map, not a shitty competitive system.

3 rounds of gravel in case of a tie imo. There is nothing wrong with gravelpit itself.

dougiie

CotC

I just think we need a new A-B-C Map, reinstall our belief in that kind of map… I still enjoy gravelpit but I would love a new map of the same style :(

agron

Relic

I just think we need a new A-B-C Map, reinstall our belief in that kind of map… I still enjoy gravelpit but I would love a new map of the same style :(

gpit is prolly the best competitive map. It actually requires team work.

dougiie

CotC

gpit is prolly the best competitive map. It actually requires team work.

yeah agreed, just saying, wouldnt say no to a new gpit

Yeah, shame the timer on Glacier isn’t set up for comp play :<

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9