Forum

Force-A-Nature

Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 61 62 63 64 Next »

Vali

-9w-

There is nothing wrong with that tbh. Advanced movement is a better advantage then screwing rocketjumps or insane damage. And it’s not as easy at it looks, to gain maximum height you need to aim the fan at the correct angle.

The scout’s doublejump and speed made him the most versatile class in the game in terms of movement. What he didn’t need was something that in all fairness isn’t harder to do than a perfect rocketjump (5 mins of pissing around trying to do FAN jumps and you’ll discover it’s really quite easy to do) that grants him more movement at no hp cost. To do the same, the soldier has to lose ~40hp.

archy

http://machetera.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/whine.jpg

Nice FaN thread

i was reading this thread since it started but i just did not post nonesense like you do over and over and over and over ….. plz guys, keep trolling and anythnig that disturbs the dicsussion about the weapon out of this thread.. finally. there is an issue with the FaN, like you still get juggled by one shot and then the second meatshot and so on… i dont want to repeat all the posts before. i’m just asking you friendly: if you want to post in this thread: plz be serious, give arguments etc.. but the last 10 pages (as said before) are totally nonesense.

and just one thing: klu, plz stop posting in this thread unless its something useful. just a friendly request.

Arjeni

Limit 1 imo

RaCio

GoT²

The scout’s doublejump and speed made him the most versatile class in the game in terms of movement. What he didn’t need was something that in all fairness isn’t harder to do than a perfect rocketjump (5 mins of pissing around trying to do FAN jumps and you’ll discover it’s really quite easy to do) that grants him more movement at no hp cost. To do the same, the soldier has to lose ~40hp.

True, but tf2 is about team vs team and not about class vs. class. So the FaN jumping might be unfair to the soldier but that is not a good argument. From what I have seen the jumping does not destroy 6v6 (think sandman). So the jumping does not imbalance teamplay.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

What he didn’t need was something that in all fairness isn’t harder to do than a perfect rocketjump (5 mins of pissing around trying to do FAN jumps and you’ll discover it’s really quite easy to do) that grants him more movement at no hp cost. To do the same, the soldier has to lose ~40hp.

are you for real?

How can you even compare FaN jumping to rocket jumping?

Vali

-9w-

True, but tf2 is about team vs team and not about class vs. class. So the FaN jumping might be unfair to the soldier but that is not a good argument. From what I have seen the jumping does not destroy 6v6 (think sandman). So the jumping does not imbalance teamplay.

Of course it isn’t about class vs. class, but there’s balance to think about and FAN jumps are an undeniable buff to the class. It doesn’t have to completely break gameplay in order to be overpowered and worthy of a ban. Anything which allows scouts to get to places even quicker is always going to have ramifications (scouts being significantly more annoying on middle of badlands for example) and it’s just an unnecessary buff to the most powerful 6v6 class.

Oh and Kluless, I never said that FAN jump = Rocketjumps, but why of course they are comparable. The soldier can use rocketjumps to quickly traverse vertical terrain that they’re unable to easily get up otherwise, much like the FAN allows scouts to do now. Of course the FAN jump is a lot more limited as the rocketjump is a lot more versatile, but you can’t deny (unless you’re actually stupid) that it allows FAN users to do a selection of the possible rocketjumps at no hp cost.

Rele

Kluless

I have to admit, that made me laugh X)

You should try to avoid the word “annoying” though imo, since it just doesnt fit. Many things in the game are “annoying” but not gamebreaking.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Of course it isn’t about class vs. class, but there’s balance to think about and FAN jumps are an undeniable buff to the class. It doesn’t have to completely break gameplay in order to be overpowered and worthy of a ban. Anything which allows scouts to get to places even quicker is always going to have ramifications (scouts being significantly more annoying on middle of badlands for example) and it’s just an unnecessary buff to the most powerful 6v6 class.

Oh and Kluless, I never said that FAN jump = Rocketjumps, but why of course they are comparable. The soldier can use rocketjumps to quickly traverse vertical terrain that they’re unable to easily get up otherwise, much like the FAN allows scouts to do now. Of course the FAN jump is a lot more limited as the rocketjump is a lot more versatile, but you can’t deny (unless you’re actually stupid) that it allows FAN users to do a selection of the possible rocketjumps at no hp cost.

Most of the places that scouts can now fan jump too soldiers can rocket jump to without losing more than 30hp, plus the fan doesn’t allow you to jump over distance so no, they aren’t really comparable.

Vali

-9w-

Most of the places that scouts can now fan jump too soldiers can rocket jump to without losing more than 30hp,

Ok just tested, to get onto balcony you need ~37hp (possibly 36!), my mistake. Next time I’ll be much less careless with my completely guesstimated figure that turned out to be more accurate than yours.

plus the fan doesn’t allow you to jump over distance so no, they aren’t really comparable.

Read my post again and get a klu.

Yeah, nothing similar at all between two weapons that propel you forwards and aid your jumping should you fire them in the right direction. Nothing at all.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Feel like coming up with your own original insults anytime soon?

Vali

-9w-

Feel like posting something constructive anytime soon? You’d be better off playing Kludo than TF2.

Merry

Crink.The Man

i play with a fan, and i keep getting raped, so clearly the fan isnt overpowered!

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Feel like posting something constructive anytime soon? You’d be better off playing Kludo than TF2.

Feel like quitting whining anytime soon?

Vali

-9w-

Feel like quitting whining anytime soon?

We’ll quit whining when you post some conklusive counter-aguments to our issues with the FAN.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 61 62 63 64 Next »