Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Cuttlefish

Anything with trains.

I like this guys style.

Ordinator

tuhi

replace granary with pro and one new map,and god please no viaduct, koth is such a stupid nobraindmfest
i hope etf2l will not make same mistake as bringing old maps back to map pool

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from Ordinator

replace granary with pro and one new map,and god please no viaduct, koth is such a stupid nobraindmfest

But it’s kritz heaven, and kritz heaven is Russian heaven, everybody knows this :<

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from beach

OBSCURE?! This happens all the time: everyone says ooh let’s play obscure then EVERYONE REALISES IT’S CRAP.

Same thing that happens with Obscure will happen with Gravel again when everyone remembers how awful it is and only plays it in the weeks when you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO.

Quoted from beach

I guess Freight isn’t too bad

Demonstrating the proper method of discrediting one’s own response.

beach

[DA]
[DA]

:D

(compared to some of the other’s it’s not too bad, same as warmfront..)

Last edited by beach,

Vlijm

UbeR |

Freight is goooood, dont let the bully make you say otherwise!

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from Vlijm

Freight is goooood, dont let the bully make you say otherwise!

I used to enjoy it, and it is significantly better than Well, both Obscures and Gravel, but not OMGCOMPLETELYAWESOME.

ilike2spin

RLM

It’s far worse than most, obscure included. Removing granary in favour of freight is a bad idea.

beach

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from ilike2spin

It’s far worse than most, obscure included. Removing granary in favour of freight is a bad idea.

I never said we SHOULD put freight in, I’d much rather have Viaduct :D Was just a suggestion of one that’s not too terrible :P

Henghast

open
bobs

All this freight and Obscure love, that’d be a week to despise.

Also isn’t cp_granary_proest the most up to date and “best” current version of the map?

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Most of the old maps has been binned off as rubbish for a reason.

Freight – try pushing last against pyro/heavy/sentry

Obscure – both versions have a bad last that is very hard to push and bad second point as well but I always quite liked playing the snowy version, final, except for that tricky last push.

Gravelpit – been discussed to death, either a marathon of G’pit ABBA or excessively harsh punishment for one mistake

Well – ermm, quite like well personally, set up time would be an interesting change from most 5cp maps but pushing mid to second can be tricky. Haven’t played it in ages tbh, would welcome a cup or something.

Warmfornt – Sniper lines of ridiculousness and nothing good to say about cp4 and 5. Mid is OK.

Viaduct – Yawn-a-rama, push one point…hold it…lose it..push same point…hold it…lose it…push same point…etc. Not that much fun DM fest.

Turbine – Good test of teamwork and the only comp map that needs you to push and hold at the same time. Quite like the pro version. Rules can be a problem. 3×10 minute rounds with the last a golden cap appears the best solution.

I think a 14 map season should have some variance in play style. I would go for something like:

Week 1 Badlands + Gully
Week 2 Process + Snakewater
Week 3 (new-ish map or viaduct, warmfront etc) and Turbine
Week 4 Gully + granary
Week 5 Snakewater + Process
Week 6 (new-ish map) + Turbine
Week 7 Badlands + Granary

Wouldn’t mind having more ‘big 4’ and only one of the experimental maps per season either, although that is a great way to ensure no-one plays them enough to be accepted into the fold as they will only be played in their respective weeks.

Not grouping up any new maps into a couple of weeks will mean more practice, ie week 3 and week 6 or whatever, throughout the whole season, mebbe encouraging people to play it more and then like/hate it more.

This season has been good though I feel, process is awesome and has made it into the ‘big 5’ so no major changes needed.

I trust in the admins to make future seasons as cool as this one has been.

#inetf2lwetrust

achy

My personal opinion is instead of having 10 div 3,4,5,6 tables.. just have 5 of each then add more maps instead of dropping maps, also the league would last longer. what more could a gamer ask for…. maybe sex?

HoneyBadger

free

badlands
gullywash
process
snakewater
granary (or whatever pro version of granary is best)
viaduct_pro

Greg.am

free

Process
Badlands
Gully
Snake
Viaduct
gravelpit(maybe)

Greg.am

free

But holy shit, keep process. That map is exactly what TF2 needs imo.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 17 Next »