Forum

Demoman vs Soldier update

Created 15th December 2009 @ 06:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 28 Next »

iQue

keso

My guess is that it will be kind of crap if trying to lonewolf, but very powerful if used together with the standard rocket launcher, which still seems to be the best for spam and general soldiering.

Hiper

-YSND-

Faster rockets, MORE DAMAGE (hello instagib scouts?)? Unless this weapon has 2 rockets in a clip, it’s sounds overpowered as hell. Soldiers get this and demomen get a fucking sword, sigh.

gniedler

T4F
FuDoo :>

“FREE WEEKEND starts Thursday when the WAR! update goes live!” lets go tomorrow!!

rather friday morning for euros ;)

ambra

awesome

Iller

tGa

A very nice weapon, but it seems a bit overpowered at a first glance.
Maybe it screws up rocket jumping or/and maybe you only have 2 rockets as someone said. Then it might be ok or even worthless.
Anyway, good to see an interesting new weapon for once.

ambra

keep in mind that reduced splash probably means extremely hard or even impossible juggling

hocz

[MIPC]

n i c e.

Ino

dp.
dp.

Way to go, I’m already in love with this thing. Scouts will have a hard time :D

Mikey

Damn that sounds awesome.

The downside compared to the normal RL could be that you do more self damage and maybe less rockets?

Last edited by Mikey,

toasty.

PHX

Wow this is huge. Can fragga now stop moaning :D

Soldiers that can aim, just became very valuable.

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

I think this will end up being exceedingly overpowered or then get nerfed. If the demoman gets something of equivalent strength, then gg. : D

Well, particularly for scouts. The Direct Hit is roughly twice as fast as the demo’s nades, and demomen can hit them fairly consistently without the aid of splash. Now soldiers will have an easier time hitting directs and additionally they only have to do it once? It sounds like a bit of a stretch, but this will probably meet the same fate as the initial ambassador, i.e. get nerfed.

Then I think people will make a conscious choice NOT to RJ etc. ’cause if they get hit they will take ~170 damage and get FUCKED. Launching is already quite a risk to yourself, and now if you do it without a full buff you will instantly die from one airshot.

edit: With this said, I do think it’s a step in the right direction for unlocks to cater to the more skilled population, but I think it’s somewhat excessive in its current incarnation.

Last edited by BERSERKER,

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

sup?

Faster rockets, MORE DAMAGE (hello instagib scouts?)? Unless this weapon has 2 rockets in a clip, it’s sounds overpowered as hell. Soldiers get this and demomen get a fucking sword, sigh.

Great job comparing a primary unlock to a melee unlock.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Scouts at the higher skill level games are going to be in for a harder time, scouts in the lower skill level games are going to love it!

This sounds really awesome can’t wait for it. Hopefully the demo will get something at least as awesome

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 28 Next »