ESEA in Europe

Created 13th August 2013 @ 00:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 22 Next »

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Rofl

I think we need to be really pushing this on the first season, because as it stands with one division ESEA eu is gonna be a little bit worse let’s be honest. But if we can get enough people signed up to the point where it’s like the NA scene it will be awesome. It really does all rely on teams signing up to ensure it works.

Qun

GoT<3

Didn’t they fly over one European CS:GO team to ESEA LAN finals last season?

I would say, support it ESEA, give it a try.
We lost ESL already, don’t want to lose another ‘major’ organisation.

Beater

Danmark
LEGO

I’d definitely play in ESEA if it came to Europe

droso

o/

Quoted from Qun

Didn’t they fly over one European CS:GO team to ESEA LAN finals last season?

NiP, Verygames, nfaculty and ESC attended last season’s LAN finals but they had to pay from their own pocket.

This season, only NiP out of the four qualified EU teams will be making their way to Dallas due to really high fly costs in Summer (someone from VG said it would cost 1500+ € per player, I think)

Last edited by droso,

Dikker

4-25

Quoted from Sideshow

Comparing ESA’s model in any way to ESEA’s is dumb as shit and if you don’t realise why you should probably rethink your life.

This is a great thing for TF2, the prize money will provide actual competition and reason for teams to put in effort in invite rather than just sit at the bottom of prem and look pretty. Look at the American scene and their model and tell me for one second that ours is more competitive or conducive to an atmosphere of putting in effort.

ESEA has a history of refining their league based on good advice from a plethora of knowledgeable TF2 people and they run it well. It allows us a very easy way of unifying the scenes across the Atlantic which is a great thing and the entire system they use is, imo, superior to ETF2L’s.

Paying to play and only progressing in consistent teams is a foundation for increasing the skill of teams in the league; consider ETF2L where teams don’t often last longer than a season or two, and there are often 2 mix teams in prem (that’s a quarter of the most viewed teams in the game). In ESEA you have a real incentive to stick together as a team and progress, and not just chop and change mix teams about and never get anywhere. It’s a great step forward when you combine that with the added incentive of there being cash prizes for each division (as there is currently in NA and would be if there was enough support in EU). If you’re in a d4/3 team in europe, you can win diddlysquat and never get any time in the limelight – in America using ESEA you can win Open, get casted, talked about and get some money for your efforts! I’d certainly prefer the latter.

You also have an AC tool which has been proven to work effectively in America, no more random frenchies getting banned (freebaud). And it’s not actually that bad I don’t think, although I’m sure harbleu will let us know exactly whether there are problems with it.

At the moment yes, it’s only one division and you’re gonna get pooped on like in ESA, but with added support there will be multiple divisions and it’ll approach the NA system more and more, which is a great thing.

Allowing ESL to drop TF2 in europe was probably the worst thing to happen to our scene and we shouldn’t let it happen to ESEA either just because we’re used to free, but utterly pointless, competition.

this

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from Beater

I’d definitely play in ESEA if it came to Europe

You can already register a team and pay for it, you just need to remember to select the correct region settings (unlike me cos i’m dumb).

Mundi

dogs.tf

still they used a bitcoin miner in their client that being said I don’t really trust them.

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Mundi

still they used a bitcoin miner in their client that being said I don’t really trust them.

i wouldn’t get in bed with them for this reason.

IPZIE

SUAVE

germans started ww2 and lost it -> shouldnt trust etf2l, it´s run by germans

Last edited by IPZIE,

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from IPZIE

germans started ww1

yeah, no

IPZIE

SUAVE

ups :D lel
i will edit

Mundi

dogs.tf

Quoted from IPZIE

germans started ww1+ww2 and lost both aswell -> shouldnt trust etf2l, it´s run by germans

that’s not fair, it was not the same people who started ww1 and ww2, it’s still the same people who run tf2 side esea

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from IPZIE

germans started ww2 and lost it -> shouldnt trust etf2l, it´s run by germans

that’s not even close to being a proper comparison. shouldv’e deleted your post!

Angel

This solves all ETF2L problems such as:

1. Money. A good cash prizes rather than ETF2L’s anonymous donations (LOL) and small casual donations like mine, Blackout Gaming etc.

2. Fun. Stable unlock rules and map pool rather than ETF2L’s fuckups with Cinamon & cp_obscure.

3. Safe. Good Anticheat rather than Anakin’s handmade plugin.

4. Attractive for mature players and broadcasters. Since now we have only one TF2 TEAM – Epsilon (thanks CanFo & Co for that).

5. LANs.

Last edited by Angel,

Apolloftw

For those who are wondering, you need to set your region to Europe in order to sign up for ESEA EU TF2. It can be easily done by hovering your cursor over the region that says North America, you will see the other 3 region drop down, pick Europe as your region, and now you can sign up for ESEA EU TF2.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 22 Next »