Forum

TFTrue 2.8

Created 30th December 2008 @ 10:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 ... 41 Next »

Arnold

DAKKA

you must be one hell of a shitty demoman if scouts keep killing you on granary the demoman map. :/

Foxt

Yay, you want the demo to become useless and stop being played? Demos have *now* poor posibilities against good scouts. I don’t like scouts, but I’m not ragging everytime they kill me in two shots, same with two rockets, or even a unexpected heayy / sniper / pyro… OMG Sniper shouldn’t be able to onehit kill he’s OP. DEAL with it. Learn to dodge demoman, and attack using his weak points.

byte

Arx you Sir are a genius.

:x

Cheers

Byte

atreides

Demoman is still OP enough with TFTrue to stick(!) at dl1. And to call a scout a tank if he could survive 1 pipe is just another statement of a self-righteous demoman. Lol’d

Too many drunk demomen here.

And to all, who want the game godfather Valve made with perfect balancing: Valve didn’t set a ml1 or cl2, it was the community too.

And to all fans of textwalls: Don’t hide your critic arguments in oceans of trivia.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

AcidreniX “Soldiers… get in the air when fighting a demoman!”

lol

RJ (-43) = 157h + one-sticky = death

DL0 – lets reintroduce the heavy and stop the spam and boring lockdowns!

agron

Relic

Take out the class limits, let’s all play scouts! With static damage! It’s fair that way!

actually I got it, tftrue is pointless. Let’s use the instagib plugin! All about skill in that, baby!

atreides

Is irony the only way for you to force with some really clear arguments pro TFTrue?

You ever heard of the “Veil of ignorance”? It’s exactly what’s the problem about TFTrue. Many people see only their own situation and can’t reason.

Wiiking

stop with the negative waves fragga ^_- how is he gonna full dmg a sticky on u while ur in air

Akasazh

THG
HL

I might not be a pro demoman, fragga but unless a solly jumps from plain sight at a very long distance I would not be able to mid-air them with a sticky due to the delay in detonation. i could put one where I think he lands but then he’s already gotten his rockets in. A nade could mid-air him but wouldn’t do the damage to kill him.

Supposed the demo is that skilled that he hits most mid-air nades then he’s still at a disavantage (the solly only needs to splashdamage him).

For me hitting a skilled scout with a nade only once is an archievement and with an estimated chance of 90% on not killing him with a single nade hitting 2/4 nades is quite rare. Even then the scout is often so close that my selfdamage finishes me off.

Anyway I still manage to find the plugin a chalenge as it forces me to change my gameplay a bit. Maybe not pulling out the nade launcher as foten and trying to rely more on stickies (with another chance of blowing myself up along with the scout).

I think the plugin is interesting enough to give a try but I think luck will remain a factor I think Im with Arx when I say that skill is making the odds work in your favor, instead of trying to make the game skill-pure

*edit* lol when my reply turned into an unintended wall of text sneis hit the point :o

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

what dumbass demoman would try to midair a soldier with a sticky, when he can just put one or two randomy placed for where he lands – lol come on

The point was that against any decent demo getting into the air to attack him is just a quick way to get yourself killed – keep out of sticky midair det range and pick at him from distance to help the scouts – thats the only real way to attack the imba demo.

Arnold

DAKKA

the demoman in this topic seem to forget they get 8 stickies too…

i can agree on a pipe dealing 100 damage, i just don’t want to get 1 piped when i got full health.

chances are big i take damage from a lost pipe laying on the ground or one of your 8 freakin stickies.

Bash

“Is irony the only way for you to force with some really clear arguments pro TFTrue?

You ever heard of the “Veil of ignorance”? It’s exactly what’s the problem about TFTrue. Many people see only their own situation and can’t reason.”

This is really funny because you yourself have been completely worthless throughout this thread. All you do is troll and use some lame rhetoric to nitpick arguments that contradict yours, while calling everyone else biased (yyyeaah you sure aren’t) and obviously being unable to construct any coherent thought yourself. Leave discussion to those who are willing to engage in one.

byte

Not that im arguing with you Fragga (;x), but

“what dumbass demoman would try to midair a soldier with a sticky,”

Me. It’s severely difficult and one hell of skill to have but it happened last night against clan [00] soldier saw me i as low i fancied my chances to get him with a mid air sticky than using a gren from distance i used a sticky and boom. Was sick.

So i guess i’m a dumb ass : <

Cheers

Byte

atreides

If I’m against 1shots, I’m against 1shots done by scouts too. So what’s the problem? If you have any problems with clear text, nvm.

Do you see your old post showed some circular argument. It’s trolling to see nonsense argument? You’re saying 1shots are bad cause scouts don’t get killed by 1 shot and even know it (pointed)!

It’s like a hidden crit, if you look at the spread of a pipe, comparing a weak pipe (~60) with a strong (~150+).

Dave

Mafia
wMiC?

Things that annoy me most in TF2:

– A demo 1 hitting me when I am on full health
– Duelling a Scout and standing the exact same distance, firing 1 shot and doing 100 damage, firing a second shot (with both scouts in the same position) and doing 20 damage

If TFTrue can fix this, then I’m for it. However, I will continue to play TF2 regardless, so perhaps this suggests I don’t mind random damage too much.

BOOBIES.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 ... 41 Next »