Forum

TFTrue 2.8

Created 30th December 2008 @ 10:15

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 ... 41 Next »

Wiiking

just fly then and dont shoot the demo if u wanna be a dumbass

Jones

Diverting attention from Demomen for 1 second.

Has anyone else noticed that they can register shots better as a scout with tftrue?

I have found that since playing tftrue, I am a hell of a lot better in 1v1 situations against other scouts.

I had problems in regular TF2 where I’d hit the other scout player model say 5 times. Spectators always thought the same, yet their damage received would on many occations be less than 75hp.

Since playing on TfTrue servers I’ve found this has never been a problem.

Conincidence? The longer this goes on, the more I doubt it is.

Q. Does TfTrue affect hit boxes, rates or reg in any way?

For the reasons above. I am strongly FOR tftrue.

notger

dp.
dp.

Fragga, I respect your skills as a soldier very much, therefore I doubt that you cannot beat a demoman. Sure, if you rj towards him on an open plain, signal your landing point and do not change your direction during flight and furthermore do not fire at him while flying, then you will lose.

But you know better than me, that you can control your point of landing, making the demos guess nothing more than a guess. Or you could land on spots where it is difficult for him to put stickies (on top of some containers).

Why do you bring up that argument?

This Demoman-is-OP-whining is lame.
Most games I watch, demoman score as much as soldiers and scouts do. If they were real super-killers like some say, then why doesn’t he come out on top of the score-boards all the time?

But back to topic: If TFTrue eliminates the strange spread in scout-damage, that would be fine with me (though really annoying for me personally; everything that weakens scouts makes my job easier :) ).

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

Releasing the source code is not a good idea IMO. But I’d like to see someone show me a public link to Promod 4 and DAMN:MW.

Waebi

‹Con›

not a good idea to make it public?

Besides the obvious “let’s change it a bit to our advantage and recompile it”-reason which is not practicable for 99% anyway, i see nothing else ;)

but nvm. Havent played 1 game with it, and i dont care. If i survive longer, fine. If scouts 2shot me all the time, fuck it, gonna play cs. /JOKE.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Just to go off topic for a second…
What if the nade launcher projectile had a fuse.
So that it couldn’t detonate for the first second or so.
This would give the Scout the edge in close quarters without changing the destructive power of the Demoman.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

“Demomen wer’nt deisgned for direct combat. His main role really was to setup traps with stickies and spam with nades.”

Did you make the game? He was designed to ‘spam’ with nades?? Surely spam in its shape and form is a bad thing… My opinion is that pipes are used to defend yourself from charging targets, and stickies are used to hit mid-long range targets (A sniper on the balc? a mid range sentry gun?) while also having the ability to set up traps. With your definition of the class, a demoman shouldn’t be killing sentry guns as stickies are meant to be used in ‘traps’ where the enemy has to walk over them… not stack them on a sentry gun to take it down.

Fact is, stickies are a positional weapon, you place them in either a position where they are hidden and kill the enemy, or you place them in a position where they deter the enemy from moving past (and if they do they die). This includes placing a sticky under your feet to stop a scout from running towards you (where they deal most of their damage).

AND NOW TIME TO HIT YOU WITH THE BADBOY OF ALL RESPONSES…. If stickies were just intended to be used for ‘traps’… Why would they implement a charge up feature to allow the demoman to fire the stickies a long distance? A trap implies that you are a defensive class. Why would you need a long range weapon to be defensive? To lay traps all the way over the other side of the map? That would be their base, and therefore an _offensive_ class… and what is an offensive class meant to do? … wait for it…. just a second…….be aggressive and kill people..

This goes totally against your ‘let’s lay traps and sit back and wait’ theory as well as stating the demoman is not meant for direct combat.

“you must be one hell of a shitty demoman if scouts keep killing you on granary the demoman map. :/”

You must be a bad scout if you can’t frequently kill the demoman on the mid point of granary, as I (an average scout) did it all the time… and if i recall… a lot of clan’s tactics (I know it’s not all) involve the scouts dealing with their scouts, or attacking the demomam. Why would any clans send their scouts into a battle they would definately lose? It’s because they don’t. A scout can quite easily kill a demoman if they approach the task right. It’s obvious you need to learn this technique.

“RJ (-43) = 157h + one-sticky = death”

So the demoman has a 0.3-3% chance of 1 shotting you in the air, when you aren’t overhealed (which is rare for a soldier) after a rocket jump.

You forgot to look at it the other way too… if 153 (tested over 1000 attempts) is the max damage dealt by a sticky, you also need to take into account the 54 damage from the minimum damage. This means there is also a chance it would take 3 shots to kill you even after a rocket jump and this is quite a high chance too (compared to having a 1 shot 153 sticky), as you could still live with 2 x 78 damage stickies (they would need a 3rd one to do the 1 hp you still have left).

This is quite rare, just as 1 shotting a 150 hp soldier or medic is rare, the only reason why people say it happens often is because they remember it happening. How often do you remember when a demoman needed 3 pipes to kill you? Not often, because you’ve killed the demoman, end of that story.

And placing a sticky where they land? Heard of air strafing? If the demoman puts a sticky where you land, it’s your fault for 1) being predictable 2) not airstrafing 3) not killing him before he can lay 2 stickies directly under your feet to kill you. And if you rjump ontop of him, and he lays a sticky where you are going to land, it would kill himself. Since the demoman is _so overpowered_ trading a soldier for a demoman would be a good trade off, so maybe you should employ that tactic into your game plan.

Arnold

DAKKA

i’m done talking to you, you obviously don’t know what you are talking about.

KOVACS

Who Arnold?

I agree with almost everything Arx has said in this topic, with a couple of exceptions:

I am not in favour of pipes being able to one-hit-kill 125hp classes, even occasionally as it stands just now.

It is not always necessarily the opposing teams own fault if a demo is in a position to kill 3-4 of them with spam, given that positioning is often forced as a result of pressure from the other team.

In my time playing demo I found it quite a common occurance to get several kills as the opposing team was retreating from a site or even just retreating to their medic for a re-buff after taking damage from my teammates.

An example would be badlands mid point crates/choke stairs area where the medic almost always plays from during a fight for middle. Pipe spam from balcony/window or even our own choke into that area would regularly give 2-3 or more kills if we had already inflicted substantial damage to their team.

ReveraL

For the developers of TFTrue :

You should block the duck-jump.

thx . bb

Bun

GM

Would make me as a sniper happy, Revenal. :P

nemppu

mmm.

i’m done talking to you, you obviously don’t know what you are talking about.

solid argument there

Jones

can tftrue be used to ban nemppu?

Arnold

DAKKA

solid argument there

i’m just saying that this discussion is pointless and that is not really an arguement. :/ i just don’t want to read another wall of text basically repeating all his previous points.

all i wanted to say is that 1 piping a full health scout is not balanced and that random damage should be removed if we can. I already explained that.

I don’t even mind doing less damage if that results in me not getting instagibbed. It’s just not fun. hell i’d even take the meatshot damage down to 50 if my scatter was to become more accurate.

N/A

RaWr ::

27 pages.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 ... 41 Next »