Forum

ENGIE UPDATE INBOUND!

Created 5th July 2010 @ 20:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 16 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from toasty.

What is pipeline? Isn’t that the same idea.

pipeline is the name of a plr map ;)

Kryzen

Spikey wrench is next

http://www.teamfortress.com/engineerupdate/evolutionaryman/

bottom of update page…

Jarppa

Feacon

There’s has been speculation at TF2Maps.net about what community map(s) are going to be included in upcoming update

OK, so its almost sure that there will be at least one community map revealed tomorrow in the finale for the engineer update, but we don’t know who’s it is!

We all already know it’s coldfront.

– Nineaxis

edit: added video link

Last edited by Jarppa,

Coldfront is nice but there’s quite a few better maps out there that deserve it.

Jarppa

Feacon

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

Coldfront is nice but there’s quite a few better maps out there that deserve it.

Umm, for example?

Personally I like Coldfront and it should be included in engineer update. (or some other update in the future)

edit: Okay, gullywash. That came in my mind after posting this.

Last edited by Jarppa,

AnimaL

obscure for one

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Don’t know if its been posted, but various people are getting banned for the whole wrench situation, Drunken f00l included.

Some people have been VAC’ed just because they crafted when someone said a time could be and got a wrench.

toasty.

PHX

Quoted from octochris

[…]

pipeline is the name of a plr map ;)

Yeah that’s what I mean. This new map being a payload race doesn’t mean it’s going to play drastically differently, pipeline didn’t really make the pl variety any better. I’d say badwater was the best pl map, but even that I haven’t played for months.

Quoted from Jarppa

[…]Umm, for example?

Personally I like Coldfront and it should be included in engineer update. (or some other update in the future)

edit: Okay, gullywash. That came in my mind after posting this.

Gullywas & Obscure for starters. Several of the CTF maps in that contest a month or 3 back.

Quoted from Jims

Don’t know if its been posted, but various people are getting banned for the whole wrench situation, Drunken f00l included.

Some people have been VAC’ed just because they crafted when someone said a time could be and got a wrench.

That someone is DF himself. Everybody could’ve seen it coming. Crafting with knowledge of when the Wrenches are going to drop despite the fact they shouldn’t know when.

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Gullywas & Obscure for starters. Several of the CTF maps in that contest a month or 3 back.

[…]

That someone is DF himself. Everybody could’ve seen it coming. Crafting with knowledge of when the Wrenches are going to drop despite the fact they shouldn’t know when.

Some people don’t deserve it though, there has been 6 bans, one of them was in Drunken f00ls server when DF counted down in voice chat the next drop, that person then crafted.

He now has a permanant vac ban, this isn’t the type of thing Valve are supposed to be using vac for but meh, I’m just following a topic on steam forums about it now.

Spike Himself

TC

The reason DF got a VAC ban was because he had a *script* to craft accurately to the second, according to a conversation he had, to which a link was posted earlier in this thread.

Quoted from Jims

[…]

Some people don’t deserve it though, there has been 6 bans, one of them was in Drunken f00ls server when DF counted down in voice chat the next drop, that person then crafted.

He now has a permanant vac ban, this isn’t the type of thing Valve are supposed to be using vac for but meh, I’m just following a topic on steam forums about it now.

Most people agree that the VAC ban is a bit harsh, though I can see where Valve’s coming from. I’d be pissed if I had people ruining my event like this too.

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Most people agree that the VAC ban is a bit harsh, though I can see where Valve’s coming from. I’d be pissed if I had people ruining my event like this too.

True, but its also not “completely” DF’s fault that a valve worked leaked the information, not to DF himself in the first place, though I do believe to an extent DF deserved punishment he didn’t deserve a permanent OB engine ban, then the people who have crafted when he told them to on one server (Well the one I know of) and got the wrench don’t deserve any serious punishment at all, they could of had a slap on the wrist and been done with it, but instead also got a vacban.

(Though I understand your point with valve) theyve just gone way OTT and haven;t judged alot of stuff right imo.

Quoted from Jims

[…]

True, but its also not “completely” DF’s fault that a valve worked leaked the information, not to DF himself in the first place, though I do believe to an extent DF deserved punishment he didn’t deserve a permanent OB engine ban, then the people who have crafted when he told them to on one server (Well the one I know of) and got the wrench don’t deserve any serious punishment at all, they could of had a slap on the wrist and been done with it, but instead also got a vacban.

(Though I understand your point with valve) theyve just gone way OTT and haven;t judged alot of stuff right imo.

It was not DF’s fault that he got the info, but he should’ve kept it quiet and let Valve know of the leak. Instead he used it for his own benefit and that of his friends along with a 3rd party app/script that allowed him to craft and more importantly allowed him to UNCRAFT the metal back into it’s original components (which isn’t possible ingame). He knrw full well it is prohibited by Valve and they warned they’d VAC you for it back when the Idler Fiasco happened. Instead of simply owning up to it when caught he whines like a little bitch about how it’s Valve’s fault and they’re retarded for banning him, along with refusing to name the leak and instead he gives out the times to everybody on his server.

Anybody could see that Valve would respond in force to the people taking advantage of knowing the times and they STILL went along with it. As I said the VAC ban seems iffy for the others but they could not seriously expect to get off without any punishment whatsoever.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Jims

[GM\\\'2]

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

It was not DF’s fault that he got the info, but he should’ve kept it quiet and let Valve know of the leak. Instead he used it for his own benefit and that of his friends along with a 3rd party app/script that allowed him to craft and more importantly allowed him to UNCRAFT the metal back into it’s original components (which isn’t possible ingame). He knrw full well it is prohibited by Valve and they warned they’d VAC you for it back when the Idler Fiasco happened. Instead of simply owning up to it when caught he whines like a little bitch about how it’s Valve’s fault and they’re retarded for banning him, along with refusing to name the leak and instead he gives out the times to everybody on his server.

Anybody could see that Valve would respond in force to the people taking advantage of knowing the times and they STILL went along with it. As I said the VAC ban seems iffy for the others but they could not seriously expect to get off without any punishment whatsoever.

I’m unsure on what happened with the scripting, and if thats what he got banned for, thats fair enough (though the ban must of been manual since it was instant), and afaik he wasn’t the first to spread the info as he got it from someone else who was spreading it.

But yeah I understand both sides I just feel in most the cases it looks like the ban was extremely unwarranted

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 16 Next »