Forum

TF2 Framerate drops

Created 11th April 2011 @ 22:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Gladdy

Since I just noticed that the framerate drops only occur when changing from an area, for instance when moving through a door to an outdoor part of a map, I thought could it perhaps be some kind of slowness in loading the models/particles when you enter the specific visleaf? Would there be a convar for this?

//GLaDOS

Gladdy

Okay, as it seems it is something network related I guess. When I play snowie’s benchmark demo with every setting at default I get around 200 fps. When I crank up every setting to the max, I get around 175 fps. (both give the best result with multicore rendering enabled). According to the timedemo command, it only has a very small variance in fps. I haven’t noticed a thing about this when really playing tf2.

And since the only difference between a demo and actual playing is the network part..
Any further suggestions?

My internet speeds: http://www.speedtest.net/result/1254113826.png

AnimaL

175fps on snowies timedemo should get u >120fps on mids

whats the problem?

Gladdy

The problem is that I cannot play in pubs normally, while I definately should be able to with this rig. Getting huge drops of fps when I change from areas (peeking around corners) and when there’s a lot of spam.

And it has worked properly before, having a constant 120 fps in the middle of a spammy battle.

//GLaDOS

FIR

SnG

Quoted from Gladdy

The problem is that I cannot play in pubs normally, while I definately should be able to with this rig. Getting huge drops of fps when I change from areas (peeking around corners) and when there’s a lot of spam.

And it has worked properly before, having a constant 120 fps in the middle of a spammy battle.

//GLaDOS

I get this issue too. Somehow with every update I get a dip in fps, when everything works perfectly normal before it :/

Johs

FNR!

probably just mad cuz im outshining him in pubs

WhiteSharp

Athlon 64 x2 4200 Dual Core Super OC Edition 3’4Ghz
Ati Radeon 4850 512mb
2gb 667Mhz ddr2
500gb western

____º_____

chris config->maxfps-> public server 12vs12 today in badlands: average fps: 40fps

Amazing valve, amazing.

when the game was realeased i played this with 60 fps and vsync with max graphics.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2