Forum

Cp_sunshine one night cup

Created 29th January 2014 @ 02:10

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Valeria

Welcome to this topic you beautiful people, it appears a map from a good friend of mine is getting a one night cup soon. This is amazing news. Competitive maps dont get enough play testing in my opinion, due to time constraints on teams and what have you, its all completely understandable, I do my best to keep testing up for them to help the mappers.

But I digress, I am here today as not only a self appointed ambassador (patent pending) tf2maps.net representative, but also as a friend of Phi, the talanted woman who made cp_sunshine. While I am mainly here for cp_sunshine, I do have some what of an ulterior motive, I wish to direct you all to tf2maps.net its a premier website for the creating of custom tf2maps and alot of good comptitve maps go un-noticed on this fine website. Mainly due to etf2l members not looking, or due to the mappers not knowing how to get testing and into communities for it to happen. I have recently been trying to bridge the gap on the communities but its a slow process. If anyone is interested I seriously urge you to add me on steam. I run competitive custom map tests somewhat regularly, once a fortnight usually but it does vary. These maps need testing people, and you are the ones to do it. Take a chance, who knows, you might love it.

NOW onto the main thing this topic is about, the original map maker Phi, had no idea this was happening until about 2 or 3 days ago, and has no way to receive your extremely valuable feedback (and I mean extremely valuable, competitive maps rarely get play tested to the extent of a one night cup). To this end, I strongly urge anyone playing in this cup to add either me, phi (see below) or post on this forum post, any feedback, criticism (preferably constructive) and ideas or notions you feel would be good for this map in any way. Please, it would not take long and you have no idea how much help Phi would receive by even half of the entering teams doing this.

Until next time all.

Last edited by Valeria,

Spike Himself

TC

The feedback thread for cp_sunshine is here: http://etf2l.org/forum/maps/topic-27122/
(this thread was created by the map maker herself, btw)

That feedback thread will also be mentioned in the news post that announces the start of the cup, as well as the wrap-up news post afterwards, a fact of which the map maker has already been made aware by yours truly :)

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Valeria

That is just for normal testing, this being a test of b2, a seriously important time for mappers to get feedback, I thought it would be helpful to phi (after talking to her first) to compile all the feedback into one simple location.

The part about adding either of us is still really important though, neither of us would be happier than to get feedback straight from you guys.

Last edited by Valeria,

phi

TINT

Hey hey! I’m phi, I made Sunshine, etc. etc… I feel that the sunshine map thread would probably be the best place to put feedback at the moment, yes, but probably the main point of this post was to just say if anyone has lots of feedback, or demos from their matches (once the tourney is over if they’re accessible!) or any other form of feedback that could be used, don’t be afraid to add me on steam and give them to me (or Valk if I’m not online – I might not be, hopefully I can stay awhile though while this thing goes on!)

Anyway I don’t know if all you people know how much this means to me and how much I desperately needed something like this for the map to progress… some good, at least somewhat organized mass testing will be the saving grace for this map’s possible progression into serious comp tf2 scenes. Hopefully. If all goes well I might be able to get out a clean, sleek b3 a week or two after the tourney once everyone has amalgamated their feedback! Should be pretty cool, I recommend signing up if you haven’t already.

Have fun out there on Sunshine~

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

If you’ve played in the sunshine cup, please let us know what your thoughts were about the map!

unu

Quoted from kKaltUu

If you’ve played in the sunshine cup, please let us know what your thoughts were about the map!

I’ve only played it in double mixes, can I post feedback too?

Valeria

Quoted from unu

[…]

I’ve only played it in double mixes, can I post feedback too?

That is perfectly fine, any and all feedback is useful

Add A Reply Pages: 1