Forum

Any maps that can be remade for HL/6s Comp?

Created 3rd September 2013 @ 21:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Popcorp

I was thinking to maybe re-make a map for a competitive purposes, i learned more about Hammer and Tf2 Mapping, maps ( that are never/rarely played ) like

cp_fastlane
koth_king
pl_frontier_final

and any other maps can be played in a competitive maybe? are there any maps that can be played in competitive but are not because of problems on those maps and just need to be re-made for 6s or HL ?

And are there any currently played maps that need minor changes or fixes?

unu

Quoted from Popcorp

cp_fastlane

Has been done, cp_prolane http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/126552

Quoted from Popcorp

koth_king

No thanks

Quoted from Popcorp

frontier

How would you fix the massive hill that you go up after the first point to the second point? Also it’s way too long.

quell

UbeR |

i think this is really ambitious and awesome :) couldnt 123 think of anything though.

Smyther

X

The best thing you could do for 6v6 is make your own map. If you want to adapt a map, take an existing popular map and keep tweaking it until it’s a whole new map.
cp_freight came from cp_well
cp_badlands came from a previous team fortress game
cp_gullywash came from cp_badlands (look for cp_worselands)
cp_granary has yet to really give us a map (cp_follower is a bit same-y)
cp_sunshine (currently in alpha) was made by the same guy as cp_process, and you can tell just by looking
cp_edifice came from cp_gravelpit

Take one of these maps and play around with it. It’s a more effective path than taking a map like pl_frontier, who’s fundamental structure wasn’t designed for 6v6, and trying to get that to work.

Popcorp

Quoted from unu

[…]

Has been done, cp_prolane http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/126552

How would you fix the massive hill that you go up after the first point to the second point? Also it’s way too long.

1) oh ok

2) 21 takes to push cart on Frontier from A to B point and it takes more than 30 seconds to push a cart on a hill on Upward from 2nd to 3rd point

Smyther, im afraid that making a map can be risky, if you look, no one plays those custom maps anymore, like Obscure, Edifice or Prolane, no one’s playing those maps anymore, i rather re-create a map or maps that map creators stopped supporting + i dont have enough experience with map making to actually make a map
If there are any maps that can be good in comp but not played because of problems on those maps, tell me and what can be changed or give me a custom map that is no longer being supported by author

Last edited by Popcorp,

Valeria

Quoted from Smyther

cp_sunshine (currently in alpha) was made by the same guy as cp_process, and you can tell just by looking.

Explain this, as Scorpio did not make sunshine. If he is claiming he did, he is lying. The author of cp_sunshine is Phi.
http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/11931-cp-sunshine-5cp. This should be all the proof that is needed, but I can get more.

Last edited by Valeria,

phi

TINT

Quoted from Smyther

cp_sunshine (currently in alpha) was made by the same guy as cp_process, and you can tell just by looking

i’m the guy who made sunshine. i wish i was the guy who made process, haha
process went official and i’d be making money offa it but alas i am not scorpio.
another thing i take from this is that you think sunshine is similar to process in which it really isn’t all that much, maybe besides that open choke into mid, of which I might change if it is complained about too much. maybe i should post a thread here about it.

Smyther

X

Serious? Fuck, my bad. But it does remind me of process, the layout, the choke, the second point.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from Smyther

The best thing you could do for 6v6 is make your own map. If you want to adapt a map, take an existing popular map and keep tweaking it until it’s a whole new map.
cp_freight came from cp_well
cp_badlands came from a previous team fortress game
cp_gullywash came from cp_badlands (look for cp_worselands)
cp_granary has yet to really give us a map (cp_follower is a bit same-y)
cp_edifice came from cp_gravelpit

Take one of these maps and play around with it. It’s a more effective path than taking a map like pl_frontier, who’s fundamental structure wasn’t designed for 6v6, and trying to get that to work.

http://i.imgur.com/RFMPwLL.jpg

Add A Reply Pages: 1