Forum

Gravelpit Pro Ideas

Created 12th March 2013 @ 21:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

ilike2spin

RLM

20-30s setup time, engineers won’t be able to build a level 3 sentry which will promote more fast pushing and dynamic defenses.

dAGNER

duplo

Can’t say that any of the things you’ve fixed was a huge problem for me on the old gpit (Weren’t a lot of problems to begin with imo).
If you REALLY want to satisfy the people who think gpit is “slow” and “unexciting” just make it into a 5cp map with B for mid, A for second and C for last.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

I’ll expand my previous point.

B is too easy to defend. Even if you get wiped, your respawners get their in time to block long enough for the rest of the spawners to get there. Cutting the cap time helps that but i think that B needs redesigning.

Quoted from toasty.

For the people complaining, cp_gravelpit will always exist and you can play it as much as you want.

Making engies less viable is definitely worth while. 6 v 6 at the highest level shouldn’t be about playing vs aimbots, it’s stale and slow to play and watch.

No offense, but worst arguments I have seen in a while.

I do want to play Gpit, but if someone is going to make an updated version, it would be silly to limit off-classing possibilities on any point. I don’t think Engineer was the issue on this map; it was the slow preparation of any push and consequences it brings if it was a fail push.

Quoted from toasty.

Making engies less viable is definitely worth while. 6 v 6 at the highest level shouldn’t be about playing vs aimbots, it’s stale and slow to play and watch.

This map is going to be played by every level (if it gets accepted in ETF2L), not just “highest level”.

Leif

I approve this idea, hope it gets done. All suggestion till now seem good!

I think you should not discourage playing engineer on this map, although I agree we should make snipers less viable than they are now because they can be really boring much more than engineers. This happens because snipers can snipe staying far back without being really forward, unless red has some players overextending to avoid that.
To improve this I think that the wall on short is a nice idea, but we should also make B a bit smaller so snipers have to come closer. Not sure though about this last point.

Another change that could be done is to open the room which brings to B right balcony (from blue prospective) from A passing through C (2nd entrance if you watch from C left to right) to remove another sticky trap point and may be – it depends on how it is done, I cant really say if it would be useful – encourage some kind of agressive plays from sollys.

What about opening a bit as well the roof of the house on B?

Last edited by Leif,

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Kaneco

This is a thing I’m really bothered with, why do all pro versions of maps try to remove sticky trap spots? Traps are part of the game, even if they are hidden in door frames you should know better and always keep an eye on everything, badlands is probably the map with more hidden spots for stickies and it’s the one who works best. As a main demo I really don’t like this. Hidden sticky traps (like the wood on granary) just add a few more surprise elements to the game, I don’t consider them bugs, and trying to remove traps spots really hurts the class.

Putting stickies in places where they cannot be seen isn’t fun for anyone who isn’t the demo laying them. It’s not like a hiding spot where you can check it and it’s fine as only an explosive class can check for those stickies. It also forces you to be inventive with your sticky traps rather than just laying cheap ones

Quoted from Snyyppis

Reduce setup time

Quoted from ilike2spin

20-30s setup time, engineers won’t be able to build a level 3 sentry which will promote more fast pushing and dynamic defenses.

I like this idea, hadn’t thought of that

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

Please, leave the Sniper alleys, sticky spots and Heavy/Engineer tactics as they are.

Not gonna re-add the invisible sticky traps as there are plenty of sticky traps already
Probably gonna re-add that sniper sight-line as it’s not really an issue

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

I think that both lobbies going from C to B should get bigger, with larger doors for more “breathing room” during pushes.

Like this idea, if I’m gonna make it easier to spot out a push from C I should also make that push a little easier. It also might be possible to do non-uber pushes from here rather than just suicides

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

you might wanna add some open-close doors instead of just open doors (i mean the doors that open like in badlands lobby).
maybe in the corridors between B and C or something, just a thought.
gravelpit best map EU

Setlet

Quoted from Starkie

Probably gonna re-add that sniper sight-line as it’s not really an issue

Actually, you should open it even more. This should force the defending team to go inside the 5th route (or even 4th, dunno) or behind B. With that and the pipe-skywall-removal thingy I was talking about earlier should make attacking B easier, so it’s not so pick dependent or good teamwork dependent. You could argue that lowering the need of teamwork is a bad thing, but that is one of the reasons the map is rarely played (also, it takes too long, but it seems you fixed that already)

Last edited by Setlet,

Setsul

Drastic suggestions:
Lock B until A is capped.
maybe increase timelimit
play one round AB instead of Bo3 or count gravelpit as two maps (2 rounds or Bo3).

AB stopwatch:
more points capped ->normal win ->3 points
same number of points capped ->golden cap win ->2 points for the winning team, 1 point for the opponents

By choosing to defend A you risk not getting up your defence (+sentry) on B in time if A gets capped.

Tell me what you think.
Please don´t rage.
Thank you.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Setsul

Drastic suggestions:
Lock B until A is capped.
maybe increase timelimit
play one round AB instead of Bo3 or count gravelpit as two maps (2 rounds or Bo3).

AB stopwatch:
more points capped ->normal win ->3 points
same number of points capped ->golden cap win ->2 points for the winning team, 1 point for the opponents

By choosing to defend A you risk not getting up your defence (+sentry) on B in time if A gets capped.

Tell me what you think.
Please don´t rage.
Thank you.

The problem with this is that it’s viable to hold A instead of B anyway so it would make it far harder for the attackers to win
I like the decision between either defending A or defending B (or being crazy and defending both)

Kaneco

Quoted from Starkie

[…]

Putting stickies in places where they cannot be seen isn’t fun for anyone who isn’t the demo laying them. It’s not like a hiding spot where you can check it and it’s fine as only an explosive class can check for those stickies. It also forces you to be inventive with your sticky traps rather than just laying cheap ones

Why don’t we make cp_badlands_pro, cp_gully_pro, cp_snake_pro, etc etc… There are plenty of hiden trap spots on those maps and they just co exist with the map metagame. You answered your own question yourself with
Quoted from Starkie

[…]Remember that hiding spots give character to a map and should be removed only if they’re very imbalanced

Sticky traps are not imbalaced, they are one of the cores of demoman play. And every class can check for them, even scouts, they have a scatter which can take stickies out from traps at an even faster rate than other classes, even on hidden spots. Medics are not so good for this but you shouldn’t be walking alone as medic through a possible trap spot anyway. I really can’t get over this, sticky traps are essential to tf2 metagame, and hidden spots , whether they are for players or stickies are essential to a map character, remove most of them and you have cp_whateveryouwantbutgravelpit and not gravelpit

Having a medium health pack on one of A>C connectors and one of B>C connectors would probably be a good idea, as you said it would make holding flanks easier when defending and also pushing last easier when attacking.

Was also thinking about having the bottom bottom entrance to C from A extended all the way to the point tower and extend the ramp from the tower to the A>C right connector as well to cover that zone and make it sort of a bigger bridge with a tunnel below but I don’t think if it would really be practical for another kind of pushes

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from vani

Change the cap/spawn timers and skybox, dont touch the rest. The ideas are good but so is the original map

This, Gravelpit is probably one of my favourite maps still, the way it plays is awesome and the C defense is just nail biting stuff sometimes.

It’s the EV. lost A and B in 2 minutes but defend C till the time is up.

Alloy

VΛ //

I hated gravel pit the first time; why anybody would want to make stalemating an objective is beyond me. Your probably working hard on this etc. but this map in 6v6 is just… eww. I was happy when i thought I’d seen the last of it.

Ace

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

[…]
It’s the EV. lost A and B in 2 minutes but defend C till the time is up.

never forget

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

Quoted from

It’s always been a fantasy of mine to be a sex slave for 2 bears, male and female, pleasing the male when she’s tired, and vice versa. Slowly sliding my lips up and down his thick shaft, tasting his pre-cum on my tongue. Once he’s had enough of that, he rolls over onto his back, lifting me up as though I weighed nothing. Gently placing me on his cock, I guide him in, feeling him stretch me wide open. I moan with pleasure, feeling him fill me up. He growls softly, I feel it rumble deep in his chest, vibrating all the way down his body and through mine. He continues to lift me up and then pull me down. He’s doing all the work for me, it feels so good, the warmth of the fur, his paws either side of my waist. He is in total control, I’m just nothing compared to his vast size and strength, but I have total trust in him, I know he won’t hurt me. I feel the pace quicken, almost imperceptibly. I slowly stroke myself, feeling myself nearing the point of no return coming closer with every stroke. I can hear the growl getting louder now; he speeds up even more, forcing me further and further down onto his thick cock. If it wasn’t for the fact I my body is releasing so many endorphines, I would probably be screaming in agony. Except I am panting and whining, just like a bitch, begging her mate to fill her up. His claws dig in deeper, the pain, its excsquisite. It sends me over the edge. My head goes back, I let out a short grunt, I feel my cock explode, covering his chest fur in my seed. I keep stroking, it looks as though I’m trying to rip my cock out. I let out another grunt, another torrent flows forth, then another and another. A drop lands on the beasts muzzle. He seems confused for a moment. That’s what I think. He digs his paws in even harder now and slams me onto his cock, I feel his grumble turn into a roar. He’s cumming, oh my god. I can feel in, filling me up. It’s indescribable. He’s mating with me, he claimed me. I feel him slow, his cock still throbbing within me, it seems as though there’s no more room for his cum. It’s dripping out of me, onto his fur. I reach down, and then bring my hand up, tasting him. It’s more than I ever expected. It’s heaven.

That’s my idea.

http://vvcap.net/db/YpBVJnSOe3R5M_1t6F7B.htp

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »