Forum

Attitudes/Whatever....

Created 24th November 2009 @ 22:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »

dougiie

CotC

Well granary used to have gates, but now I don’t think anyone would prefer the gated version over current version

not saying I would prefer it, but would like to try it again, just to see a different approach.

and I agree with hatE, I think ‘well’ is a great map, even starts, and the the possibility for backcaps makes it exciting.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Well granary used to have gates, but now I don’t think anyone would prefer the gated version over current version

the 1st grana didnt have gates. Valve adde dem then later realized their mistake. Ps. Thanks dunc

Ah, didn’t know that.

dunc

infs
dp.

i lol’d … If you havent been around since the grand opening of TF2 and the etf2l / pickup scene then you have no right to piss on well. Its a great map, its just that major division 1-2 clans fear that the maps with setup times allows “even starts” its more balanced so to say.

You know I love you hatE but seriously what utter ballsack is this :D Everyone I know that hates Well hates it because it’s fucking *slow* and generally fucking bad. Attacking CP2 can be a huge ballache, uber vs uber standoffs take years, attacking CP1 can be a huge ballache and there’s effectively only one point of the map (well, two, symmetrical) where a soldier can rocket jump in combat, making the soldier 50% less effective. That’s pretty shit for anyone that plays soldier!

A fair few people know how much I despise Well… do you honestly think it’s because I’m scared of making the CP3 battle more even?! If that was the case we would’ve purposely picked it against dignitas at every opportunity. No, it has nothing to do with that, it’s because I can’t stand the map. The fact that the heavy is good on it pretty much sums it up – slooooow. For me it’s 30 minutes of torture.

Saying that I don’t mind playing it once every so often, just not like one season where I had to play it nearly every day for three weeks to practice for ETF2L officials. Holy Jesus no it’s nowhere even remotely near good enough to be played that often.

Mark

Phase

I don’t think complaining about teams beating you to mid is a valid complaint, the only hard jumps to get down are demoman on badlands, everything else you can learn within about 2 minutes of practice.

Arnold

DAKKA

If you dont like the maps etc then dont play them unless your oponent agrees. Yes tf2 has some good maps yet we still play the main 2 (bad/gran)

freight/well/gully/obscure

Freight is fine, got no issues, i think itl put people off because of trains etc but other than that no problems.

Well is boring, everyones played it alot and do tf2 justice i feel. i say a big remake is in order.

For me Gullywash is kinda gay, the middle isnt that good because of the kinda retarded cylinder block in the middle of it which is pointless.

the only one i like is obscure, theres just nothing wrong with it, altho i hate the last points architecure (sry byte), i think a swamp/desert version would suffice.

cylinder block on middle?
http://img.alibaba.com/photo/50148318/Cylinder_Block_for_Cummins_6CT.jpg

anyway, it’s not pointless it’s meant to change the way you approach and handle mid point. pointless would be having trains come in at random times to run over people.
And you can’t serioulsly tell me that you lack the brain capacity to adjust to the obstacle being the point rather than around it?

other than that i guess it’s pretty gay tho, i mean why would you want to have a map with out of the ordinary cp’s? that’s just massively homosexual.

Last edited by Arnold,

vlad_drac

xoxo

I like the way skyride said “sure vlad, but….” then almost quoted me word for word :D

Pr0nnis

Gurka*
Gurka*

And its probably one of the few maps except fastlane that really allows a heavy to be useful.

It’s hard not to like using pace…

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Couldn’t agree more, I can understand it if you just got steamrolled, but if that’s the case, just explain you’re not up for another one :/

I cba with granalands ALL THE TIME, it gets boring, good maps as they may be, overplayed ridiculously

If you get steamrolled on a map, common sense tells me it’s best to play it again.. and again, and again to get better. The more you play on a map in competetive play, the better you will get, in my opinion?

jgmaster

BM

Couldn’t agree more, I can understand it if you just got steamrolled, but if that’s the case, just explain you’re not up for another one :/

I cba with granalands ALL THE TIME, it gets boring, good maps as they may be, overplayed ridiculously

If you get steamrolled on a map, common sense tells me it’s best to play it again.. and again, and again to get better. The more you play on a map in competetive play, the better you will get, in my opinion?

He means that if that team just 5-0ed you on badlands then it could be understandable why you might not want to play a second.

nightmare

L00

Absolutely agree with you.Every time we find some1 to play with,we play badlands and a few times granary and we say a map like gravel/gully/obscure every1 is like gtfo I’m not playing this map…just so stupid and chilidish

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

[16:03] *** you were kicked from #mpuktf2.pickup2 by tenshox (dont be stupid)

After arguing about why he would give a 2-day ban for leaving a pug with 30 seconds on the clock. Me being soldier standing on middle and having no chance reaching last to contest it. Or should this go in the gentlemen thread.

Last edited by Koeitje,

codcrille

Fresh.

Everyone tells me to fuck off when I want to play gold rush, both the enemy team and my own. :(

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Everyone tells me to fuck off when I want to play gold rush, both the enemy team and my own. :(

xD

Waebi

‹Con›

goldrush is awesome. +1

perry

[MIPC]

Say what you say, but fastlane and well are disgusting maps that do not belong in the ETF2L map pool.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »