Created 14th June 2009 @ 21:36

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 64 Next »

gryzor

That’s… that’s… OVER NINE THOUSAND!

Niggles

WHAT? NINE THOUSAND?

Eh it’s just a fad, it’ll pass.

+1
It’s like marbles, yoyo’s or a newly formed finnish team.

BvD

flowerpower/

Eh it’s just a fad, it’ll pass.

+1
It’s like marbles, yoyo’s or a newly formed finnish team.

BULLSEYE

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

People just wanna ban it ’cause “it’s annoying”, and to be fair, that’s not a good reason. It has utility, but I don’t see it as overpowered. I see it as a good, situational weapon, which is exactly what the sidegrades should be. Annoying? Yes. Gamebreaking? No.

I agree that it could lead to banning of all unlocks. Banning just because they’re annoying when faced is silly, and seems like people don’t wanna adapt. FAN limit of 1 could be fine, though. It doesn’t take control away from a player like sandman (which deserved a ban – yes it was annoying as well, but that wasn’t really the reason it was banned). Should we ban juggling as well?

Heavily disagreed because of the mentality displayed and imo poor (and not even close to being substantial) reasoning.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Banning the FaN lol, that’s rediculous. Yes it’s annoying to play against, but it’s annoying to play against Engineers, Heavies, snipers, spies. It’s annoying for a medic to get an ubersaw hit on you, or retreat and kill you because he’s getting 3 health for every needle. It’s annoying to play against high pingers, ultra low pingers, anyone foreign to yourself (hit reg issues).

You don’t ban something because it’s annoying. You ban something because it is too powerful. The sandman’s stun leaves a player completely immobilised for several seconds, and even with the 50% damage taken nerf, a demoman can still put a few stickies under him, wait for the stun to wear off them det them. Not to mention it goes through uber.

With the FaN you get 4 less shots, you have to adopt a hit and run play style and players can still kill you while being juggled (why don’t we make it so soldier’s rocket splash damage doesn’t fire you in the air, because you might find it annoying being juggled by that too?). In a direct 1v1 scout fight, if you don’t kill him in 2 near perfect shots, he’s going to kill you (asuming he is equal skill).

It might seem powerful or annoying to play against for now, but it’s not going to take long for players to be able to adapt to being pushed around when they shoot. I for one don’t really have much of an issue as a soldier shooting a scout that’s pushed me up in the air. I simply … shoot down at them. And I’m not even a good soldier.

But i’m glad that people are raging about it ;D Time to work on my Ambassador aim!

Ed

Mafia
fx.

i agree, dont ban the fan

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Anyone has DPS data?

Waebi

‹Con›

funny fact: I said it would be the second most hated thing after the sandman when it came out.
funny fact 2: no one besides me has complained till the day it was “buffed”.
funny fact 3: LOL STICKIES.

to clarify: Yes, i FUCKING HATE THE THING.

Psyche

I’m sorry but the idea of getting hit by 1 single bullet making me a still target for a meatshot afterwards doesn’t really sound like “shit”.

Getting 2 meatshots on a medic in 1 second doesn’t sound like shit either, I mean, with the FaN a medic doesn’t even stand a chance vs a scout, soldiers can’t do jack.

Scouts with FaN can hold higher points such as spire in badlands almost alone because of the knockback (notice, not alone, but still, wtf?)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

A scattergun can also stop some jumps to badlands spire, but the FaN just stops anyone that jumps dead in his tracks. It’s annoying yes, but sticky spam will still get that scout of that point ;).

Arnold

DAKKA

no sorry still not convinced…

the gun is not overpowered stop whining and play better.

xzr

aye l2p stop the wajn plz

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Whining? l2p? I’ll remember these counter (ad hominem) arguments if the soldier unlocks are over-powered :)

Oh and TF2 needs more medics, the FANs really gonna help here, like it wasn’t easy enough already to kill a medic.

Jonni

[FB]

medic limit 2, soldier limit 3, problem solved ^^

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 64 Next »