Forum

Diamondback in season 17?

Created 5th January 2014 @ 22:34

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

unu

Oh Coalplant gives fps drops? Fuck that shit then.

#bringbackmetalworks
Please make a map vote for EVERYONE and not just the superior people of prem. I’m pretty sure metalworks would get more votes than coalplant in an open poll.

raiku

STR

I don’t care that coalplant was added, cool a fresh new map to play. But why the hell was metalworks removed?

Seriously, just prem players can have the word for this, lol?

ondkaja

IKEA

metalworks is the most boring map i’ve ever played in a season. even freight and obscure were better. the pacing is terrible and it’s impossible to have any momentum unless you wipe the other team. pushing last is terrible if the ubers are equal. the majority of the time spent in this map is stalemating/building ubers, while someone is trying to get a pick on the flanks. if you push without a big advantage, you lose.

coalplant might not be good, but it’s a hell of a lot better than metalworks. even though coalplant is kinda boring compared to viaduct it actually offers more interesting games than metalworks.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from ondkaja

metalworks is the most boring map i’ve ever played in a season. even freight and obscure were better. the pacing is terrible and it’s impossible to have any momentum unless you wipe the other team. pushing last is terrible if the ubers are equal. the majority of the time spent in this map is stalemating/building ubers, while someone is trying to get a pick on the flanks. if you push without a big advantage, you lose.

coalplant might not be good, but it’s a hell of a lot better than metalworks. even though coalplant is kinda boring compared to viaduct it actually offers more interesting games than metalworks.

Watch NA povs and play it like they do, it’s tons more fun.

raiku

STR

I liked metalworks A LOT, I still feel like some vote or something would be fair. Not to just remove it :/

Popcorp

Quoted from ondkaja

Dude that’s like, on every CP map with Big last point, like Process, Snakewater and Granary

Linus

[d¿s]

yeah, lets do a poll. Last few times we did that it was great, got to play gems like freight and obscure.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Interesting Cloak and Dagger isn’t considered, that weapon would bring more to the Spy class, in terms of intel and using the Spy comms to make plays based upon teammates communicating when a door isn’t watch or whatever. It’d be way more interesting than a gimmicky unlock like Diamond back that will not change anything 98% of the time.

unu

Quoted from Linus

yeah, lets do a poll. Last few times we did that it was great, got to play gems like freight and obscure.

I didn’t say to follow it blindly, I’d juste like to know how much it would differ from the prem elite.

Spike Himself

TC

There are plenty of poll apps on google, go for it :)

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from unu

[…]

I didn’t say to follow it blindly, I’d juste like to know how much it would differ from the prem elite.

So you’re saying that the admins should make a poll, then disregard the results and use their own judgement?

I think we can skip the poll part.

Kaneco

Quoted from Hildreth

Interesting Cloak and Dagger isn’t considered, that weapon would bring more to the Spy class, in terms of intel and using the Spy comms to make plays based upon teammates communicating when a door isn’t watch or whatever. It’d be way more interesting than a gimmicky unlock like Diamond back that will not change anything 98% of the time.

Exactly, just as I said before. Why are you not making use of your Honorary Admin title ? :D

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from emb

[…]

So you’re saying that the admins should make a poll, then disregard the results and use their own judgement?

I think we can skip the poll part.

While I personally disagree with “muh democracy” polls, they are still nonetheless a very good indicator of what current opinions in etf2l are. I have my doubts on the competence of the admins who made these decisions.

Like I said before:
Some of these new permitted unlocks are gimmicky, barely game changing at all and it raises the question of “why allow X but not Y?”. Why allow the FaN but not the Liberty Launcher? Why allow the diamondback but not the cloak and dagger? Is this a slow transition with the intent to Americanize etf2l’s rules? If that’s the case can you just tell us because as it is right now the whitelist makes absolutely no sense. At the very least, I’d appreciate some clarification on that aspect.

Now I have not tried coalplant yet but with these claims that middle dramatically drops fps, what action do you intend on taking? Are you going to stubbornly push for the map to stay even if more people begin reporting the same issue?

The removal of metalworks upsets me mainly not because I loved the map, but because you’ve decided to keep granary and viaduct. KOTH, while refreshing and perhaps needed in 6s, does not automatically make a map good and viaduct is not one of those maps. Having to sit in spawn building uber/kritz every time you lose a push while the rest of the team suicides in hopes for a pick is not fun or exciting.

Granary I must criticize due to the fact that it is only appears to remain around for the sake of keeping ye ol’ mandatory oldskool map… but badlands already fills that position and does it perfectly. Why the fear to replace granary even if not for just one season?

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

Whats wrong with granary?

Fuxx

REMOVE

Well it’s stale, boring and uneventful. I could even dare call it ugly because apparently that’s relevant (see: when people complained about metalworks).
I don’t understand why the only way to test new maps is to remove new ones every time a new season rolls around instead of letting them stay and replacing Granary instead.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »