Forum

Nations Cup Coverage

Created 17th June 2012 @ 20:49

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

gnaw

Also, upload STV demos for every single match. Send them to someone like Salamancer, who does most of his casting from demos—this way, if a game cannot be covered live for some reason, you can still see your favourite matchups.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from caeli

I would love to see Korea participating this one, why USA does and not Korea or Argentina?

What about team Brazil? Supposedly they have some pretty good players there? Did anyone try to inform them of this cup?

Extremer

Match betting even with imaginary money would make NC even more interesting. Just sayin’.

AnimaL

imaginary money + prize for bestestest

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

hats

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from caeli

I would love to see Korea participating this one, why USA does and not Korea or Argentina?

anyone tried contacing Chad or Ethiopia, I heard they are ballaz in tf2, we should let them know about this nations cup

caeli

#T4F

Quoted from rytis

[…]
anyone tried contacing Chad or Ethiopia, I heard they are ballaz in tf2, we should let them know about this nations cup

Yeah, just contact some of their players so they can know about Nations Cup.

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from skeej

[…]

What about team Brazil? Supposedly they have some pretty good players there? Did anyone try to inform them of this cup?

Yeah sure but dem pings gonna be over 300 and that is going to be horrible rlly

Trath

Quoted from AcidReniX

If the whole community felt the same way, then why have a nationscup tournament at all? Why not just have the predicted top 4 teams play a quick 1 day cup and be done with it?

The fact is, there is some interest in the lower skilled national teams, while the majority do want to watch a higher skilled game, it’s dumb to think that no one is interested in watching the lower skilled games, just because you do not.

I’d do the casting just so the players could watch a vod of themselves representing their country. I’m sure they would appreciate it, it’s fun to watch a commentated game that you’ve played in. That to me, is already enough to make me want to cast the games.

Let’s put it this way. If you have two matches:

Finland vs Slovenia.
Poland vs Romania.

Which of these in your opinion would be more fun to watch? Obviously you don’t have to watch either of them, but if you did want to watch a TF2 game, which would you pick? With no disrespect to Slovenia, I wouldn’t want to watch a Finnish powerhouse team destroy them in 6 minutes, I’d much rather watch Poland vs Romania, as I have no idea how the game would play out, I know barely any of the players, and I’d predict it to be a closer game.

If the big 4-6 teams are playing each other, I’m sure they will take priority (as more people would be interested), but at any other timeslot, the lower teams are going to get coverage.

I’d want every game to be casted. Hell, in my perfect world, I’d like every single TF2 game to be casted, but the only limitation is casters and streamers, so obviously some games would get priority, but it doesn’t mean the other games are worthless. You might not enjoy it, but others do so shhh.

I thought my thoughts are what most people think just as you think everybody thinks what you think, but out of the several people that wrote here, they agree with you, so I guess maybe I am the only one who thinks like this.

Quoted from ThePledge

I like how Trath points out the obvious stuff. VanillaTV will, as we do quite often, come up with a plan on how to do it. AFAIK, we start planning in detail after this ETF2L Season ends. Or at least after the general season and before playoffs.

Just keep watching vanillatf2 and etf2l to know what happening when and where. The coverage will be awesome, even if I myself have to hop in to make it happen because the rest is slacking ;p

Point out the obvious stuff? I gave several ideas that I haven’t seen you offering anywhere. Hell, all of what I wrote can be applied to regular season matches, if it is so obvious why hasn’t it been done yet? Judging from VTV performance for the last several months, I don’t think anything is obvious regarding VTV coverage of anything. So yeah, a plan regarding NC coverage isn’t obvious. I haven’t seen any talk of the NC on #vanillatv.staff (where the cool kids are yo), Leftism however has stated that there has been talking of it, so I guess that means in only the top of the chain.

Also, if you haven’t already noticed, Mr VanillaTV High Authority, the person that opened this thread to get people talking and get the community’s thoughts and ideas amd what they expect from the NC and VTV coverage of it, isn’t from VanillaTV. And then you write about how you will hop in and do everything yourself if everyone else is slacking off, as if you have planned and done so much for the NC coverage.That is just fucking hilarious.

TL;DR
get off the bandwagon

Skyride

DUCS

Trath, you are currently trial staff for vanilla. As part of vanilla, you are welcome to come up with any idea, through the idea out there in the staff channel, and if most people think it’s a good idea then to go and do it under the VTV banner.

Instead, you are “offering suggestions” on a public forum and chatting a load of shit about an organisation which has done more for competitive TF2 in the last year than pretty much any other organisation (aside from ETF2L itself).

If you have an idea, go fucking do it. Throw it at the wall and see if it sticks. If nobody cares, oh well. If it’s a failure? oh well. If it’s a success, great!

Setlet

Quoted from Extremer

Match betting even with imaginary money would make NC even more interesting. Just sayin’.

Refined metal?

E: Didn’t we have a betting system some time ago?

Last edited by Setlet,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Yeah shintaz and cyber ran a tf2 metal betting thing a while ago, don’t think it really caught on though.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Trath

Also, if you haven’t already noticed, Mr VanillaTV High Authority,

Quoted from Skyride

Trath, you are currently trial staff for vanilla

Ouch..

Trath

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]
[…]

Ouch..

No. I have never done anything yet, I am in #vanillatv.staff because at some point I will volunteer to cast in an open mic. Skyride called it a “trial staff”, it can also be called “tell byte you will volunteer and get in to #vanilla.staff”.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Trath

[…]

No. I have never done anything yet, I am in #vanillatv.staff because at some point I will volunteer to cast in an open mic. Skyride called it a “trial staff”, it can also be called “tell byte you will volunteer and get in to #vanilla.staff”.

I feel a woosh soundclip would fit in well at this point.

Last edited by herpderp,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »