Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

You are the minority Trath

omrish

TRATH ASHKENAZI MET TODA

Ghostface

spire

Basically kids, what Trath is trying to say is: if you’re not a top3 team, quit now.

Trath

Quoted from Ghostface

Basically kids, what Trath is trying to say is: if you’re not a top3 team, quit now.

No, I’m saying Vanilla shouldn’t cast the sucky National teams, and if it’s not getting casted, there is no real point in having that national team match. (once again, those 6 players can play in a regular mix/pcw, no need to put it in the official cup record…)

Trane

Quoted from Trath

nobody will watch – Israel, Turkey, Eygpt, Luxemburg, Estonia, Norway, Ireland, Scotland, Belgium, France, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Hungary, Canada, Slovenia, Poland, Romania – you can just take them out of the Nations Cup right now.

Israel (Crack Clan) and France (Punchline) could certainly have a good shot. Also Russia (ISIS) – these will already have pretty good teamwork.

Trath

Quoted from Trane

[…]

Israel (Crack Clan) and France (Punchline) could certainly have a good shot. Also Russia (ISIS) – these will already have pretty good teamwork.

I know MatnuN is trying to remove the 3 players from the same team rule wont be in the rules for the Nations Cup, but who knows?

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

Quoted from Trath

[…]

No, I’m saying Vanilla shouldn’t cast the sucky National teams, and if it’s not getting casted, there is no real point in having that national team match. (once again, those 6 players can play in a regular mix/pcw, no need to put it in the official cup record…)

Good thing the guy who organises the casts doesn’t feel the same way… :)

Anyway, like CommanderX said a couple of pages back, VTV will be doing our best to get coverge of some description to the masses for as many Nations cup games as we can – Highlander and 6v6 (depending on staff availability, of course!).

In cases where staff members aren’t available and the teams are actually organised and sort out the server quickly we’ll at least be able to provide viewers with an STV relay.

More information on our coverage will be released in due course. ;)

caeli

#T4F

I would love to see Korea participating this one, why USA does and not Korea or Argentina?

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Trath redefining vocal minority!

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

If the whole community felt the same way, then why have a nationscup tournament at all? Why not just have the predicted top 4 teams play a quick 1 day cup and be done with it?

The fact is, there is some interest in the lower skilled national teams, while the majority do want to watch a higher skilled game, it’s dumb to think that no one is interested in watching the lower skilled games, just because you do not.

I’d do the casting just so the players could watch a vod of themselves representing their country. I’m sure they would appreciate it, it’s fun to watch a commentated game that you’ve played in. That to me, is already enough to make me want to cast the games.

Let’s put it this way. If you have two matches:

Finland vs Slovenia.
Poland vs Romania.

Which of these in your opinion would be more fun to watch? Obviously you don’t have to watch either of them, but if you did want to watch a TF2 game, which would you pick? With no disrespect to Slovenia, I wouldn’t want to watch a Finnish powerhouse team destroy them in 6 minutes, I’d much rather watch Poland vs Romania, as I have no idea how the game would play out, I know barely any of the players, and I’d predict it to be a closer game.

If the big 4-6 teams are playing each other, I’m sure they will take priority (as more people would be interested), but at any other timeslot, the lower teams are going to get coverage.

I’d want every game to be casted. Hell, in my perfect world, I’d like every single TF2 game to be casted, but the only limitation is casters and streamers, so obviously some games would get priority, but it doesn’t mean the other games are worthless. You might not enjoy it, but others do so shhh.

Keelk

A4

It’d be pretty cool if there was an NC guide to, if not all, at least some of the teams: Roster, most important players, what to expect, etc.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Yeah whilst Trath has talked a load of shit this thread, his suggestion about getting a caster who knows the people in the team (assuming it’s a lower profile national team) is a good one. Or an article on Vanilla running through the teams would be good, predictions about where they’ll get to, who to watch out for etc.

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

Quoted from Keelk

It’d be pretty cool if there was an NC guide to, if not all, at least some of the teams: Roster, most important players, what to expect, etc.

Watch this space. :)

ThePledge

I like how Trath points out the obvious stuff. VanillaTV will, as we do quite often, come up with a plan on how to do it. AFAIK, we start planning in detail after this ETF2L Season ends. Or at least after the general season and before playoffs.

Just keep watching vanillatf2 and etf2l to know what happening when and where. The coverage will be awesome, even if I myself have to hop in to make it happen because the rest is slacking ;p

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from Sideshow

Or an article on Vanilla running through the teams would be good, predictions about where they’ll get to, who to watch out for etc.

This is nice.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »