Nations Cup Coverage

Created 17th June 2012 @ 20:49

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Trath

[…]

I am not talking about ANY sport/game, I’m talking about ETF.
Setting this whole thing up so 6 people from Romania (for example) can have a little fun is effort going to waste by the ETF2L admins. Those 6 dudes can have equal fun by playing against a mix team.

Bottom line – Germany vs UK, thank you.

If teams like Romania can have a little fun then any effort put in by us as an admin team is instantly worth it. ;)

Trath

Quoted from rytis

[…]
your posts in this thread are huge pile of shit, you are a cool dude but what the fuck man

hey man I was wondering where you were (this is the noob rts right?)

Trath

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

If teams like Romania can have a little fun then any effort put in by us as an admin team is instantly worth it. ;)

alright then whooooooooooo I’m rooting for Romania.

Also since Eygpt gets to be considered European, is there any chance for an Ethiopian team?

Regen

nf.
9F

Quoted from Trath

[…]

alright then whooooooooooo I’m rooting for Romania.

Also since Eygpt gets to be considered European, is there any chance for an Ethiopian team?

As far as i’m aware there’s no european limit for this since there’s teams like USA competing.
You make awful posts please stop it.

Ghostface

spire

Quoted from Trath

[…]

I am not talking about ANY sport/game, I’m talking about ETF.
Setting this whole thing up so 6 people from Romania (for example) can have a little fun is effort going to waste by the ETF2L admins. Those 6 dudes can have equal fun by playing against a mix team.

Bottom line – Germany vs UK, thank you.

Dunno bout you bro, but the Romanian roster is looking pretty strong this year.

Muffinz

DUBSTEP

Quoted from Permzilla

More than likely, people would rather watch the two top teams (England and Finland obviously – hi TheSucker) than two of the weaker teams playing.

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Ah nice hope there is a lot of coverage.

I sat and watched Poland vs Czech in the euros the other night, none of them were going to win it but it was a great match. Same sort of thing would happen for this.

As long as you give coverage people will watch. If you deem teams too shit to cover, then of course they won’t get watched

ETF2L could make this tourney huge if it gets the correct coverage

Last edited by Rob!,

cc//

Quoted from Trath

nobody will watch – Israel, Turkey, Eygpt, Luxemburg, Estonia, Norway, Ireland, Scotland, Belgium, France, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Hungary, Canada, Slovenia, Poland, Romania – you can just take them out of the Nations Cup right now.

Don’t underestimate my kebab skill :P
jk: Who gives a shit ^__^

Trath

Quoted from Rob!

Ah nice hope there is a lot of coverage.

I sat and watched Poland vs Czech in the euros the other night, none of them were going to win it but it was a great match. Same sort of thing would happen for this.

As long as you give coverage people will watch. If you deem teams too shit to cover, then of course they won’t get watched

ETF2L could make this tourney huge if it gets the correct coverage

Like I said, I was talking about TF2 specifically – Euro Cup is enjoyable to watch even if the teams aren’t going to get to the final’s because:

-For those countries, the National team is better than 90% of that countries league teams, or to say it differently, there is still high quality soccer.

-Soccer is not TF2, those National teams that aren’t going to make it actually have fans, people that will watch it.

-I could go on for a huge wall of text

If your already going ahead with this, I think Vanilla should consider:

– Having casters that represent the two sides of the nations that are playing each other. Having someone that is familiar with all the players and will know his stuff about the players. Since they won’t be experienced casters, perhaps it should be a 3-man cast with an experienced caster, or maybe these 2 National guys can just give insight about each player before the match starts?.
This isn’t really needed for countries where the players are all going to be Div1/Prem and are known to all, but for the countries with less-known/lower-level players this could be a good idea.

– Adding some sort of a Podcast or something, before matches or to give a summary of games.
Before matches, you can talk about the teams and what can be expected from the match and players, maybe this would be a good time to do as I mentioned above^^ – the thing is that this should get uploaded to Youtube as well.
Also you could bring maybe 1-2 players from each side and interview them, ask questions about the match and their thoughts before the game, sort of like a press conference.

-This may sound stupid, but something as small as adding a semi-transparent logo that says “TF2 Nations Cup” on the game steam/Youtube would really change the whole feel. Adding a “TF2 Nations Cup” playlist, ETC.
Also, get Bones or Cube or whoever to pledge themselves to make an 10 minute after movie with all the highlights, whether they be clutch moments or “Big Plays”.

– Casters should drink 10 energy drinks and go for a jog before every match, so that they can be super-hyped and enthusiastic for the casting. This would really help the feel and flow of the Nations Cup, as well as help the “After Movie” be epic for when the casting voices are added to the clutch moments.

Trathed

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Quoted from Trath

[…]

If your already going ahead with this, I think Vanilla should consider:

– Having casters that represent the two sides of the nations that are playing each other. Having someone that is familiar with all the players and will know his stuff about the players. Since they won’t be experienced casters, perhaps it should be a 3-man cast with an experienced caster, or maybe these 2 National guys can just give insight about each player before the match starts?.
This isn’t really needed for countries where the players are all going to be Div1/Prem and are known to all, but for the countries with less-known/lower-level players this could be a good idea.

– Adding some sort of a Podcast or something, before matches or to give a summary of games.
Before matches, you can talk about the teams and what can be expected from the match and players, maybe this would be a good time to do as I mentioned above^^ – the thing is that this should get uploaded to Youtube as well.
Also you could bring maybe 1-2 players from each side and interview them, ask questions about the match and their thoughts before the game, sort of like a press conference.

-This may sound stupid, but something as small as adding a semi-transparent logo that says “TF2 Nations Cup” on the game steam/Youtube would really change the whole feel. Adding a “TF2 Nations Cup” playlist, ETC.
Also, get Bones or Cube or whoever to pledge themselves to make an 10 minute after movie with all the highlights, whether they be clutch moments or “Big Plays”.

– Casters should drink 10 energy drinks and go for a jog before every match, so that they can be super-hyped and enthusiastic for the casting. This would really help the feel and flow of the Nations Cup, as well as help the “After Movie” be epic for when the casting voices are added to the clutch moments.

Trathed

Mate wicked ideas, if ETF2L got this sorted this tourny would really take off

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Please do not fall for the baits in this threads, we all know better…

Anyway, we will try to have the schedules of all matches fixed at least 72 hours in advance (most likely from the start of the tournament even) to make it easier for VTV to schedule their casts and for the viewers to reserve their free time.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I don’t know about you guys, but I enjoy watching the non-favourite teams playing TF2. I mean, you see a team like say… Italy, and I don’t know any of their players? Sometimes you might find that a team has a mix of division 3-6 players, but there is one unheard of star who no one even knew they existed!

Also, an enjoyable game to watch isn’t all about the skill level of the players. One of the best games I watched was between two community clan teams at one of the i-series events. They were so evenly matched, it was amazing!

What you also need to remember, is while some premier division players might not like to watching people playing who are lower skilled than themselves, that is only the minority of players who fit that category. This is one of the fundamental mistakes that people make, they judge the entire community by what they see, and not what others might see.

If you’re providing coverage purely for the numbers, then you’re already in the wrong business. I could make a live stream playing clips of babies laughing, for 24 hours a day, and get more views daily than the TF2 Nations Cup final. I personally cast games because I like doing so, I like watching the games, and I like thinking about the strategies. None of this is dependent on the player’s skill level, or what country they are from at all.

Lastly, the neutral might not be interested in watching the ‘shit teams’, but the people from that country will probably have an interest in doing so. It might not be the most important thing going on in their lives, but any opportunity to cheer for your country and show some national pride can be a lot of fun. Take the Eurovision song contest… It’s hilarious, and I don’t care about the songs, or the singing, but I’ll still sit on my Sofa waving a UK flag while guzzling down some beer.

Good luck to all the teams involved, and let’s have an exciting tournament with some great games, at any skill level!

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from Trath

nobody will watch – Israel, Turkey, Eygpt, Luxemburg, Estonia, Norway, Ireland, Scotland, Belgium, France, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Hungary, Canada, Slovenia, Poland, Romania – you can just take them out of the Nations Cup right now.

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user5/imageroot/2011/10/full_retard.jpg

Trath

Quoted from AcidReniX

I don’t know about you guys, but I enjoy watching the non-favourite teams playing TF2. I mean, you see a team like say… Italy, and I don’t know any of their players? Sometimes you might find that a team has a mix of division 3-6 players, but there is one unheard of star who no one even knew they existed!

Also, an enjoyable game to watch isn’t all about the skill level of the players. One of the best games I watched was between two community clan teams at one of the i-series events. They were so evenly matched, it was amazing!

What you also need to remember, is while some premier division players might not like to watching people playing who are lower skilled than themselves, that is only the minority of players who fit that category. This is one of the fundamental mistakes that people make, they judge the entire community by what they see, and not what others might see.

If you’re providing coverage purely for the numbers, then you’re already in the wrong business. I could make a live stream playing clips of babies laughing, for 24 hours a day, and get more views daily than the TF2 Nations Cup final. I personally cast games because I like doing so, I like watching the games, and I like thinking about the strategies. None of this is dependent on the player’s skill level, or what country they are from at all.

Lastly, the neutral might not be interested in watching the ‘shit teams’, but the people from that country will probably have an interest in doing so. It might not be the most important thing going on in their lives, but any opportunity to cheer for your country and show some national pride can be a lot of fun. Take the Eurovision song contest… It’s hilarious, and I don’t care about the songs, or the singing, but I’ll still sit on my Sofa waving a UK flag while guzzling down some beer.

Good luck to all the teams involved, and let’s have an exciting tournament with some great games, at any skill level!

That is where I disagree. In TF2 having two equal teams against each other is not enough. No matter how close the game is, watching two div 4 (and under) teams is just plain simply not interesting. I think the majority of the community would agree with me on this (majority – including div 6 players). Although several people here on this thread have already replied to my comment and said they disagree, their comments seemed to be more personally directed at me than what I said. (I guess you think your cool and prove yourself or something if you call Trath de Jew’s comments trolling or stupid?).

Also, if I haven’t gotten this point out yet – most of the countries with shit teams are shit for a reason – they don’t really have a TF2 community. They can barley come up with 6 players for their National team, let alone have people rooting for them. That is why I think putting them in the cup for the sake of having that national spirit thingy is pretty much irrelevant.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Div3 and below is more interesting to watch if anything because they don’t play to the normal meta standards of LETS STAND HERE AND BUILD UBER RINSE REPEAT, they make mistakes, they make plays, they get impatient and try and do things.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »