Forum

Golden Caps Feedback

Created 9th March 2012 @ 19:24

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from Monkeh

Play first to 5 instead of 30 minutes…. yes map may take a lot of time. Play twice a week 1 map only, home and away.

Maybe we should learn something from our Yankee-Doodle-Dandee cousins.

I genuinely love the American system.

AnimaL

Quoted from Admirable

[…]

I genuinely love the American system.

1hr of granary two times per week? WTF

Quoted from Monkeh

Play first to 5 instead of 30 minutes…. yes map may take a lot of time. Play twice a week 1 map only, home and away.

Granary, Snake, Obscure, Freight and Gullywash will be fun like that.

Dummy

Quoted from Monkeh

no thanks

Monkeh

.:ne:.

American system:

Pros:

No draws.
Encourage attacking play.
Discourage turtle-time. No point holding last with an engy and heavy if you’re only 1-0 up…
Still 2 maps a week, even if against 2 opponents.
Could still play both maps Vs same team in same night if both agree or time doesn’t matter (2×10 minute 5-0 rolls anyone?)
4-4 and the last round goes back and forth, back and forth = massively exciting.

Cons:

Potentially ever lasting games.
A/D, pl and ctf maps….? A/D First to 2? First to 2 rounds of first to 5 or 10 or 15 minutes or whatever?
It’s an American system/idea!

Should be seriously considered imho. I know people dislike change and EU TF2 has always been like it is, but change can be a good thing…honestly it can.

Snyyppis

RLM

As someone who has too much time to play tf2, the NA system has really grown on me, especially after ESEA finals.

Don’t forget, we used to play first to five in EU back in the golden age.

edit. Or was it first to 6?

Last edited by Snyyppis,

Dummy

Quoted from Monkeh

American system:

Pros:

No draws.
Encourage attacking play.
Discourage turtle-time. No point holding last with an engy and heavy if you’re only 1-0 up…
Still 2 maps a week, even if against 2 opponents.
Could still play both maps Vs same team in same night if both agree or time doesn’t matter (2×10 minute 5-0 rolls anyone?)
4-4 and the last round goes back and forth, back and forth = massively exciting.

Cons:

Potentially ever lasting games.
A/D, pl and ctf maps….? A/D First to 2? First to 2 rounds of first to 5 or 10 or 15 minutes or whatever?
It’s an American system/idea!

Should be seriously considered imho. I know people dislike change and EU TF2 has always been like it is, but change can be a good thing…honestly it can.

no

Snyyppis

RLM

-edit fail-

Last edited by Snyyppis,

Monkeh

Quoted from Dummy

no

Your eloquence, clarity and presence of forethought really shine through your most recent post Dummy. How about making a few points against the system rather than just saying ‘no’? Please, feel free to explain why the very possibility of discussing a change to the current system makes the Luddite in you stand up and shout!

Me no like difference…me say no to change, me like status quo….me rockin’ all over da world…brain hurts if asked to do different things…me no like pain hurt brain time. NO!

wpminnows

[PG]

i’d love the american system

+ american unlocks

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I like the current system i find it works well.
If people really hate the current system though just bring back draws, no biggie.

Dummy

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Your eloquence, clarity and presence of forethought really shine through your most recent post Dummy. How about making a few points against the system rather than just saying ‘no’? Please, feel free to explain why the very possibility of discussing a change to the current system makes the Luddite in you stand up and shout!

Me no like difference…me say no to change, me like status quo….me rockin’ all over da world…brain hurts if asked to do different things…me no like pain hurt brain time. NO!

no time limit is retarded, here’s one reason:
it makes casting, as well as everything else related to planning, more difficult, especially on e.g. LANs (3rd place consolation game 20 CET, grand final 21 CET, with time limit = can do both, without = might have to give up on 1 cast)

Califax

dyn.

Quoted from IPZIE

#pirateradio solution

Quoted from Admirable

Option 6 Play GC timelimit 10 winlimit 1, if no one caps then restart the round and the first team to cap middle wins.

This way the victor is always decided through an attacking action rather than a defensive one. The teams get a chance to play out a full round, but failing that they have to roll the dice at middle :>

Greg

TEZC

Quoted from Admirable

I think Greg (?) proposed an interesting solution a while back…

Option 6 Play GC timelimit 10 winlimit 1, if no one caps then restart the round and the first team to cap middle wins.

This way the victor is always decided through an attacking action rather than a defensive one. The teams get a chance to play out a full round, but failing that they have to roll the dice at middle :>

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

The American system does have a timelimit?
It’s winlimit 5 timelimit 60.

Do they actually play the same map twice?
I thought they just played halves where you switch over midway through the map (after one team has 3 rounds or something?)

The fact that there is an interval is awesome, allowing teams to reevaluate their approach.

So often in ESEA we see these amazing turn-arounds when teams can cool off for a few minutes and address any problems. Surely this is a deeper and more rewarding format?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »